When you purchase cotton candy, it’s usually chaotically twirled around a paper cone or haphazardly shoved into a plastic bag with a clown face printed on the front. But these cotton candy flowers from China are almost too beautiful to eat and you won’t believe how they’re made!
1) Put colored granulated sugar into the cotton candy machine and position a skewer or chopstick over the center. Rotate as strings of sugar are rocketed out. A layer of cotton candy will form around the stick.
2) Continue to rotate until all of the sugar has turned into cotton candy.
3) Now that you’ve formed the base of your cotton candy flower, add a different color of sugar to the machine.
4) Continue to rotate just like you did in step 2.
5) To create the flower shape, use a wet skewer to carefully make indents in the fluffy sugar.
6) Repeat the process using a different color of sugar.
7) Repeat the process again using a different color of sugar.
8) Stand and apathetically stare at your cheery sugar creation.
There you have it, a cotton candy flower created in four minutes. It takes a long time compared to the traditional way of making cotton candy, so it might not be cost effective, but it’s definitely an interesting way to get your daily dose of sugar!