Remember when they used to say “the camera never lies”? No, me neither, but apparently people used to say that and actually kind of believe it. Of course, those people were wrong, because as long as there’s been photography, there have been people faking it – whether frolicking around with cardboard cut-outs of fairies, or releasing bizarre digitally edited pics for political reasons.
Today, we are delighted to bring you a selection of the most outrageously terrible Photoshop jobs we’ve ever seen. Some of these photo-editing geniuses have their tongues firmly planted in one cheek. Others have no idea how awful they are – and that makes them all the more awesome.
Without further ado, let’s check out our first category:
The best worst face swaps
4) Body part swap!
6) Actually a shrunken face rather than a face swap, but we’re pretty sure Gaga wasn’t born this way.
The best worst epic adventures
(aka “I was there!”)
2) ‘Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear…’
8) This definitely happened.
9) So did this.
The best worst animal pics
1) You cannot unsee the bearbeak.
The best worst wiggly lines
2) Bonus points for odd socks:
4) …and this overenthusiastically Photoshopped ad:
The best worst trolled celebrities
1) This one got better and better and better, to be fair.
2) Because Kitty.
3) Because Leo.
4) Because lube.
And…the best (worst) of the rest!
3) Double trouble!
4) This photo was probably equally funny before it got ‘shopped, to be honest.