It’s summer which means it’s the season for peaches! These sweet and juicy fruits are believed to have originated in China and thrive there to this day, with the Asian nation producing over half of the world’s supply. But inside the People’s Republic, this level of familiarity has locals disinterested, inspiring growers to look for ways to spice things up between consumers and peaches. And so, to reignite people’s passion for the fuzzy fruits, they slipped on pairs of sheer panties.
Jul 30, 2014
Liu Yuanfei is a Chinese man in his 50s. If he was your neighbor, you might be surprised enough at how young he looks for his age. However, he has an even more shocking talent that in spite of his youthful looks makes you wonder how he managed to live even this long.
Liu Yuanfei also goes by the name “Shewang” or Snake King due to his unnerving ability to “become one” with snakes by allowing them to slither through his various orifices. Be warned: the following video is not recommended for those squeamish about snakes, and especially for those uncomfortable with the idea of snakes crawling up your nose and out of your mouth…
Jul 30, 2014
Perhaps even in your wildest dreams, you wouldn’t have imagined that a bunch of girls are going to flash their armpits at you, so if you are one of those with a underarm fetish then you’re in for a treat!
A selfie “competition” has been underway on Weibo, and it involves girls showing off their unshaven armpits. We have no clue where the fun factor is in all this, but here’s a showcase of what the competition looks like!
Jul 29, 2014
What would it take for you to jump in to save the day? How bad must the odds be before you would try to put a stop to a decidedly lop-sided fight? If someone is on the ground not fighting back, isn’t it pretty clear someone should be helping?
In this video, a Chinese man shows that he’s not going to take it and leaps into action – and we mean leaps – to help a girl being beaten by a mob of five women.
As you might expect, this video is NSFW and contains scenes of violence.
Jul 28, 2014
How far would you go to save your cell phone?
In something out of a bizarre nightmare that the parent of a three-year-old learning to potty train might have, a Chinese woman who dropped her phone into a cesspool lost not only an electronic gadget, but her husband and mother-in-law as well. More details on this tragedy after the jump.
Jul 28, 2014
Planes are never especially pleasant places to be. Even up in first class, you’re stuck in your seat for hours on end with no chance of stepping outside for a breath of fresh air, and with so many bodies packed into the same metal tube, it’s inevitable that the air starts to get a bit stale after a while. On the plus side, the worst you’ll have to deal with is a bit of body odor or your neighbor’s stinky snack food and not the overwhelming stench of a Greyhound port-a-potty.
Well, unless you happened to be on this flight from Beijing to Detroit last week…
Jul 27, 2014
There is nothing more exciting than the birth of a child. Everyone wants to celebrate the exciting occasion, especially grandma, and nothing is more fun than having a child you can spoil whenever you want but leave all the crying to the parents.
The excitement of a new grandbaby is what one woman felt when she heard her son’s daughter had been born. She then made a five hour bus trip to her son’s home only to find he didn’t want to see his own mother because she’s “too ugly.”
Jul 26, 2014
Back in college, when it came time to pick an upper-level science class to get my general education credits, I settled on a class in entomology, aka bug science. The fact that it started at 10 a.m., instead of my other options at 8, played a big factor in the decision, but it actually turned out to be a really interesting course with an excellent teacher.
On the first day of class, the professor told us that one of his goals was to help dispel our socially-ingrained yet illogical fear of insects, arachnids, and all other sorts of creepy crawlies that I’ve since forgotten the scientific names of. If you can get past the knee-jerk, “Eew gross!” reaction many people have to, say, a beetle, you’ll find that holding one in your hands isn’t any more likely to give you a rash or a disease than a rabbit or hamster.
And yet, I still find myself terrified to hear that the world’s largest aquatic insect was just discovered in China.
Jul 24, 2014
As I type this, there’s a group of cicadas in the garden below the window next to my desk. The insects are earnestly whining away in an attempt to attract mates, like a group of liquored-up frat boys on their seventh round of the night calling out to every girl in the club to sit down and do a shot of Jaeger with them.
There’s not much I can do about it though, given that hordes of cicadas perch in Japan’s trees every summer. Unpleasant as they are at first, after enough time you get used to them, and eventually some people don’t even notice them.
And if you think that sort of aural acclimation is amazing, consider this: some people don’t seem to mind the crazy crowds that pack into China’s public pools each summer.
Jul 23, 2014
China’s World Metropolis Center (WMC) has become the center of controversy recently over their decision to lay out 10 parking spaces intended for women only. As a result, what we assume was a well-intentioned gesture by the shopping center has seemed to upset some people online drawing cries of discrimination. On the other hand, visitors to the mall seemed pleased with the initiative.
Jul 23, 2014
In an effort to ride the wave of excitement caused by the FIFA World Cup championships, a bus in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region had artificial grass layered throughout its flooring. However, according to the driver, the benefits of this promotional scheme went far beyond stirring up a little soccer-fever.
Scott R Dixon
Jul 22, 2014
While many people view gender as a black-and-white issue, the reality is there is a lot of grey of the spectrum from man to woman. From young men who feel more comfortable dressed a pretty girl to a handsome transman fighting for equality in the Philippines, the world is full of people who don’t quite fit into a rigid gender binary.
Recently, a 44-year-old Chinese man found this out recently when he went to the doctor after some concerning stomach pains and finding blood in his urine. Worried about the source of the bleeding, the doctor ordered a CAT scan that turned up the surprising cause—the man had a full set of female reproductive organs and had begun menstruating.
Jul 18, 2014
What would you do if you found a cockroach in your food while dining in a restaurant?
If you said “complain to the management” or “report the place to the department of sanitation”, you’d be wrong. Well, at least according to one waitress at a restaurant in Chengdu, China who told a customer that it was “normal” for creepy-crawlies to make it into restaurant food, and promptly swallowed the cockroach he had found to prove her point…
Jul 18, 2014
The quick action of a neighbor downstairs saved the life of one woman in Sichuan Province. Check out the footage and photos after the jump.
In Vietnam on 15 July it was reported that Hanoi police investigated the Dong Yang Nong Sa food distributor and discovered a large stash of illegal food additives. Referred to as a “Magical Additive” it has the power to transform pork into beef. This comes as great news because I was just about to stop believing in magic.
Jul 16, 2014
In the annals of history, there have been many men who were so cool, they practically defined the word. The kind of guys that were so naturally cool, they didn’t even seem to notice when they were doing something awesome. We’re talking about guys like James Dean, Sam Jackson, Bruce Willis, the classic crooners like Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole, and I guess we’ll begrudgingly add newbies like Ryan Gosling (Just kidding! We mean Marky Mark).
Now we can add this incredibly awesome little boy, who seems to be around five years old. We see him here in this video casually comforting a grieving little girl who is upset about being removed from her mother on what we presume is the first day of school. She even does that adorable kid thing where she tries her best not to cry but it’s not really working, and our heroic little boy just sort of nonchalantly tells her he’s got her back – almost like she’s a fiery explosion that he’s casually walking away from without looking at. That’s how cool this kid is.
McDonald’s restaurants are now doubling as wedding venues in Hong Kong.
McDonald’s launched a wedding party program a few years ago in response to customer demand, with three locations offering wedding services. Today, 15 McDonald’s locations in Hong Kong host weddings, as well as engagement parties, anniversary parties, and bridal showers, according to CNBC.
Jul 15, 2014
While many anime lovers around the world were going gaga over the release of Sailor Moon’s new series, Chinese internet users were raving over their own upholder of justice, this gorgeous policewoman from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of China!
More details about Xinjiang’s heroine after the jump!
Jul 15, 2014
Fresh off Taiwan’s discovery that pudding and ramen are pretty tasty together and despite the widespread disgust and horror it produced, Chinese netizens have now come up with a new unlikely taste sensation: Chili oil & an ice cream bar.
As weird as it initially looked, I could kind of see the pudding ramen working out, but I draw the line at this ungodly combination. I’d have to have accidentally swallowed drain cleaner to want to consume thi…oh, hang on. My phone’s ringing…
Okay! Looks like I get to try out the newest food craze from China’s internet! I can’t…wait.
Well, as we’ve seen time and time again, it seems the Chinese Interwebs simply cannot handle (or, in the parlance of teens today, “Cannot even”) the idea of an attractive woman who’s doing something other than sitting around being attractive all day.
Our newest recipient of the dubious “Beautiful woman doing things” distinction – which the Chinese Internet media seems to be giving away like an unplanned litter of kittens these days – is this Asian doctoral student, which the Japanese media and creepy Internet commentators haven’t even bothered to name – presumably because they were too busy breathing heavily for an uncomfortably long time and mopping sweat from their brows.
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy1
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts2
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid3
- “Don’t play for more than an hour a day”: Japanese video game master gives great advice4
- Real version of Lotteria’s five-patty cheeseburger doesn’t look nearly as glorious as the ads5
- Small-you-can-eat: Japanese netizens are not happy with Denny’s new endless pancakes offer6
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back7
- The Simpsons Halloween episode pays tribute to popular anime8
- Superheroes, furry creatures, and Hello Kitty’s friend all get in on the kabe-don action9
- 35 fascinating photos of Korea from 100 years ago (before K-dramas took over Asia)10
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked1
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls2
- Why does Engrish happen in Japan?3
- The 10 best anime of the fall season, according to Japanese otaku4
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts5
- Somebody turned a Disney Channel cartoon into an anime and it’s pretty awesome6
- Clever font sneaks pronunciation guide for English speakers into Japanese katakana characters7
- Beautiful old footage shows “God of Judo” Kyuzo Mifune gracefully defeat young challengers【Video】8
- Awesome Air Umbrella from China keeps you dry with blasts of air9
- Chinese woman’s catty comeback to Korean colleague gets netizens talking10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】5
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”6
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked7
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls8
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls9
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Small-you-can-eat: Japanese netizens are not happy with Denny’s new endless pancakes offer
- Robot rebellion begins with a cranky Roomba, Internet users too busy laughing to fight back
- The Simpsons Halloween episode pays tribute to popular anime
- Superheroes, furry creatures, and Hello Kitty’s friend all get in on the kabe-don action
- 35 fascinating photos of Korea from 100 years ago (before K-dramas took over Asia)
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls
- Japanese constipation survey reveals the most and least poop-frustrated prefectures
- New ‘Shrine Cafe’ in Tokyo offers fortune-telling and counseling services with your tea
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked
- Less is more as bakery starts selling bags of delicious melon bread crusts minus the bread
- 【PSA】Knock knock! Check your car, save a cat
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”
- Sun + Magnifying glass = Art? One man’s unique “painting” style will blow your mind
- Mickey men: All-male trips to Tokyo Disneyland are on the rise in Japan