The following video needs no introduction, so sit back, relax, and enjoy footage of a young man from China putting on his own pants without using his hands to the tune of “The Final Countdown.”
What are you doing this weekend? If you haven’t made any plans, these bunny GIF images could give you some inspiration for the weekend. Even if you’ve already made plans, these fuzzy little buns are bound to make your weekend even better with their irresistible cuteness! Hop on!
- BUSINESS INSIDER
Jul 5, 2014
It turns out that there are a surprising number of mirrors in museums, so when Google unleashed its Street View cameras to catalog the insides of museums around the world, more than a few of them ended up accidentally taking pictures of themselves, we learn via Quartz.
Spanish artist Mario Santamaría noticed this happening quite a bit and did exactly what one should do upon noticing a trend: build a Tumblr around it.
Titled “The Camera In The Mirror,” Santamaría’s site catalogs the eerie moments in which Google’s cameras photograph their own reflections. You get a peek at them wrapped up in silver cloth or exposed to reveal a surprisingly robot-like body.
- Joan Coello
Jul 4, 2014
Superheroes such as the Avengers have won the hearts of fans across the globe with their awesome powers and cool suits (well, except the Hulk since he pretty much rips whatever he wears). But you know how some parents and teachers always complain that comics, animations and movies these days contain too much violence, and that isn’t good for the children?
If only there was a way to make our favorite superheroes milder and cuter, yet still awesome and powerful… Oh right! These Hello Kitty heroes should do the trick!
- Master Blaster
Jul 4, 2014
Back in Street Fighter II‘s heyday, I was always bothered by Chun-Li’s claim to be “the strongest woman in the world.” It’s odd in the first place that she would put a glass ceiling over herself by claiming to be only the strongest woman rather than the strongest person, but this is only magnified by the fact she was (at the time) the only woman in the global tournament.
However, now new animated gif evidence has emerged revealing why Chun-Li was so hung up on calling herself the strongest woman. It seems she spends most of her time randomly attacking other females with fireballs and spinning bird kicks without warning.
- Preston Phro
Jul 4, 2014
Though it might be hard for non-pet-owners to understand, it’s undeniable that our cats and dogs are part of our families. We love them like children–or siblings who can almost get away with peeing on the carpet.
And with good reason, too! They comfort us when we’re sad and play with us when we’re happy. And if you’re lucky enough to have two pets, watching them play together can be better than anything Disney has to offer. Just take this video of a dog entertaining a hyper-active kitten for example!
Jul 4, 2014
I’ve written (somewhat facetiously) so many times about the whole “beautiful woman doing things” trend that’s been going on in Asia since probably the invention of the Internet that just seeing beautiful women in Asian media is starting to give me headaches.
This time around, the trend has apparently jumped the shark to a degree that it’s starting to repeat itself, as we’re now treated to the second “beautiful woman being a newscaster” in under a year. This time it’s Taiwan’s Junze Zhuo, a Fox News Taiwan representative and, by all means, overall lovely lady who is drawing such tasteful comments from the Japanese Internet as, “I wish she’d grab my mic.”
All cat owners are aware of the kind of mischief the lovable little furballs can get up to when we’re not around (and there’s probably also plenty of mischief we’re blissfully unaware of). Thankfully in this age of mobile phones, cameras, and YouTube, we can now keep a close eye on what the little rascals are up to, which often results in some cute comedy gold.
When we interact with someone, our eyes often pick up physical characteristics such as the color of their eyes, the length of their hair (ooh nice Tiffany earrings), their height (are those heels Louboutins?)… and our brain puts them all together and files them away in a neat little folder that contains our impressions and memories about that person. But here’s one little detail that we commonly overlook, yet could potentially tell so much more about that person!
A recent personality diagnosis trend in Japan suggests that shape of your nails could reveal characteristic traits about you! What shape are your nails?
An artist has been causing controversy online recently with a set of posters featuring Disney princesses in incestual embraces with their fathers. Entitled “The Princest Diaries”, the three posters in the series are designed to raise incest and rape awareness using simple imagery and characters well-known to people of all ages and nationalities. Disney fans may find the following pictures disturbing but according to the artist, this is exactly the point.
I’ve marked my fair share of English exam papers here in Japan, and there have been a few gems of hilarity in amongst the spelling mistakes and butchered grammar, but nothing that measures up to this beauty. One student’s answer to a simple question was so deep and existential, it read like poetry.
Do you know what June 30 is? Well, it may be the day where you say to yourself, “Oh my gosh, half the year is over! How could it have gone by so quickly?” but you just might find yourself being punished in the name of the moon if you don’t remember one other important event that takes place on that day. Yes, June 30 is Sailor Moon’s birthday, or Usagi Tsukino’s birthday if you prefer to call her by her “human” name.
With the new Sailor Moon Crystal anime series soon to be released, this year’s birthday was bound to be a special one for our Usagi-chan. And special it was! A huge birthday event in honor of our beloved warrior princess, including a preview screening of the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal, was held in collaboration with fashion magazine ViVi on June 30 in the Tokyo Odaiba area. And since it was supposed to be kind of a girls’ night out, the event was apparently only open to women, or men accompanied by women.
We definitely couldn’t miss out on this party, and we promptly sent one of our reporters from our Japanese sister site — we couldn’t wait to see what the huge do would be like!
Skype is known around the world as a convenient, free video calling service and enjoys widespread popularity in Japan. As with any online communication website, you’re bound to be contacted by someone you don’t know. If you simply ignore the contact request, nothing will come of it, but what if you didn’t? What sort of mischief would come about as a result of your imprudent actions?
This brings us to the first and hopefully last installment of what our Japanese correspondent likes to call “My English battle with a foreigner who suddenly decided to contact me on Skype”.
Ask any cat lover and they’ll tell you cats just seem to have a mysterious magical power. Yes, it feels like you can fall under their spell simply by looking at them. And as cute as they are, cats certainly act like they know the power they have over us feeble humans, who are only too happy to be slaves to their charms.
But this particular cat whose picture has been attracting attention on the Internet, actually looks like he (or she, we unfortunately don’t know) could very well have supernatural powers — behold the “cat from the underworld” who looks like he has horns!
Well, the public has already come forward and said that Attack on Titan‘s abrasive, but secretly caring Levi is one the most dateable anime characters of all time (the public also said they love boobs… a lot), so it’s no surprise that Levi is getting the star treatment even outside of anime circles.
On June 27, Levi graced the cover of the popular women’s magazine, FRaU, for the magazine’s book and manga special edition that included a manga awards page – several of which, no doubt, Levi is now the proud owner of.
Artist and Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama drew the cover especially for the issue, which features Levi reclining in a fancy office chair, with a manga and a pair of classy loafers; a look the youthful hero probably doesn’t get to sport too often in the world of Attack on Titan.
Truth be told, I’ve never been a huge fan of video game speed runs. All too often, recordings show players exploiting a game’s code to the point that it hardly seems like they’re playing the game any more, taking all the fun (and some would argue genuine skill) out of it.
But this new record performed by a gamer known only as ‘Blubber’ is nothing short of spectacular and deserves the attention of anyone who ever picked up an NES controller during their childhood.
- KK Miller
Jun 30, 2014
Video game and anime theme covers are a dime a dozen, so how do you know which ones are worth your time? Your friendly, neighborhood RocketNews24 writers will tell you! And what we are telling you is, this YouTuber has put out a ton of videos covering classic video game themes and current hits, and he is criminally under-appreciated. Sit back, turn your dial to 11 and enjoy some covers brought to you on classical and acoustic guitars!
If there’s anything Fifty Shades of Grey has taught us, it’s that SM isn’t quite as underground as some might think. Of course, it’s also showed us what bad writing looks like, but mostly it’s the SM thing. Whether this mainstreaming of SM will prove to be a fad like Kabalah in Hollywood, or a long-term change, is still unclear, but there’s no doubting that a lot more people have come to appreciate a bit of domination in their lives.
Of course, just because you like domination in your personal life doesn’t mean you necessarily want it from your boss, Secretary and Be My Slave notwithstanding. In fact, “power harassment” has become a bit of a hot topic in Japan, along with sexual harassment. It’s gotten enough attention to warrant a public education campaign, complete with posters for the workplace. One poster in particular has been getting a lot of attention on Twitter…though not exactly for the reason you might expect.
- Master Blaster
Jun 30, 2014
Ever since 2005, the Japanese government has mandated that at least 30 percent of a tobacco product’s warning label contain a written warning about the hazards of smoking. Even prior to that in 1990, there was a mandatory warning written along the side of packs which read, “Warning: too much smoking is a risk to your health.”
In fact we have to go way back to before 1972 until we can find Japanese cigarettes without a warning label. One such pack is currently under the virtual hammer of Yahoo! Japan Auction with bids starting at 30,000,000 yen (US$296,000). Appropriately, the name of this brand of cigarettes is Hope.
With the Japanese national team’s hopes of winning the World Cup championship dashed far too early this year. Japan’s soccer fans were left with mere scraps of enjoyment they once had in the tournament. Luckily though, every World Cup has its ancillary breakout star.
Last time, we saw the mystical talents of Paul the Octopus, and now the world finds itself staring in wonder at the phenomenon Japan has dubbed Adios Ojisan (Adios Guy). For those not familiar, Adios Ojisan was a guy in the audience of the Chile/Spain match (among others) holding up an iPad which read “Adios Spana.”
And so, with Team Japan out of the running, let us enjoy some highlights from the Adios Spana Photoshop Championship currently being held on Twitter!
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons1
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later2
- Chinese parenting posters from 1952 gave insightful advice that still makes plenty of sense today3
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls4
- Korean Photoshop Troll Trilogy: The shocking conclusion! 【Photos】5
- Classroom distractions: What were they thinking when they made these textbooks??6
- Pay Japan’s apology agencies to say “I’m sorry” when it’s just too hard to do it yourself7
- Sexy yukata amuse Japanese Internet users, leave us confused8
- Real-life Fruit Ninja! Watch Isao Machii slice up flying fruit like a boss 【Video】9
- Terrifyingly terrific haunted house’s puzzles are so tough it has a continue system10
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!3
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons4
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events5
- Sanrio says, “Hello Kitty is not a cat.” Whaaa?6
- Visiting the South Pole and 14 other lesser known crimes in Japan7
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】8
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away9
- Ramen Shop Serves Mountains of Meat, Gets Customers and Laughs10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- The clever way Japanese drivers thank each other without saying a word【Video】4
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!5
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons6
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events7
- We swear we won’t tell anyone if you buy one of these super lifelike love dolls from Japan8
- Sanrio says, “Hello Kitty is not a cat.” Whaaa?9
- Visiting the South Pole and 14 other lesser known crimes in Japan10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】3
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup4
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later5
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls6
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!7
- The clever way Japanese drivers thank each other without saying a word【Video】8
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!9
- Brass section rejoice! Your ideal smartphone accessory has arrived10
- Classroom distractions: What were they thinking when they made these textbooks??
- Pay Japan’s apology agencies to say “I’m sorry” when it’s just too hard to do it yourself
- Sexy yukata amuse Japanese Internet users, leave us confused
- Real-life Fruit Ninja! Watch Isao Machii slice up flying fruit like a boss 【Video】
- Terrifyingly terrific haunted house’s puzzles are so tough it has a continue system
- Visiting the South Pole and 14 other lesser known crimes in Japan
- Our Japanese correspondent tries sushi in San Diego and falls in love with the authentic flavor
- This little bear just popped up from your toast to say good morning!
- Flagitious Idiosyncrasy In The Dilapidation: Japan’s awesome all-woman grindcore band【J-Tunes】
- New Sony Cyber-shot: a perfume bottle camera specifically designed for selfies
- Paramount Pictures project asks artists to reimagine Ninja Turtles as kappa
- Toyota’s dance craze contest invites you to Wakudoki your way to Tokyo【Video】
- More than meets the eye, sushi in disguise! Check out these transforming sushi toys!