Dear Internet, it’s getting increasingly difficult to believe in the things you show us day by day. These days, we can barely look at online images of cute girls without having to wonder, is she really a girl? We’ve been had by these “traps” one too many times. There’s even a saying trending amongst Korean netizens: “She’s so incredibly cute, she must be a guy“. Well, this effeminate young Chinese man just proved that saying right! More pictures after the jump!
We here at RocketNews24 are no strangers to finding new ways to both keep warm and save a few yen on our heating bill through the harsh winter months, but our friends in South Korea, encouraged by a recent unusually cold spurt, have found an ingenious way to lower their thermostat and stay toasty all night—indoor tents. And the tents are becoming so popular that some retailers are selling out!
You are, no doubt, aware of the enormous popularity of cosmetic surgery in South Korea. While public opinion on the procedures is still split, we definitely feel that, hey, it’s your body, so do what you want!
Nevertheless, it can be quite startling at times to see just how much a skilled surgeon can do. From the Japanese woman transforming herself into a living porcelain doll to the images of South Korean cosmetic surgery we showed you earlier this year, we are always amazed by the possibilities opened up by a carefully wielded scalpel, and the following collection of images is no exception.
We all know the police face dangerous situations chasing armed criminals and speeding vehicles, but sometimes, the dangerous opponents they face are barely even human.
Recently, the police in Busan, Korea, received a call reporting sightings of a tiger in a park. It’s common knowledge that tigers are ferocious animals, so the police rushed to the scene at once. But a twist of events left them in a very awkward situation.
- Preston Phro
Nov 16, 2013
Following the devastation left by Haiyan (“Yolanda”) and the outpouring of support for the Philippines by the international community, a digital poster expressing thanks to all the helping countries appeared on Twitter. Pictured above, the image is really quite poignant with one hand covered in the flag of the Philippines reaching up and another covered in flags of the international community reaching down to help. Simple but clear–just how we like things!
But there’s a slight problem…it seems that whoever made this poster forgot about South Korea!
- Casey Baseel
Nov 10, 2013
Korea’s top women’s soccer organization, the seven-team WK-League, had its first official season in 2009. The nation’s capital is represented by the Seoul City Amazones, who are sponsored by the metropolitan government.
The star of the Amazones is forward Park Eun-seun. Park is so dominating, that other teams are wondering if there might be more to the striker’s muscular physique than just hard work in the weight room, and have officially voiced their suspicions that Park may be, in fact, a man.
Located right in the middle of Seoul’s central Jung District, the grassy lawns of Seoul Plaza provide residents and visitors alike with a respite from the hustle and bustle of the Korean capital.
Of course, the tranquility of your surroundings is heavily influenced by which way you’re facing, so if you’re really looking to relax, you might want to take a seat on the grass with your back to the building that looks like a colossal, deadly tidal wave about to crash down on you.
Back in 2011, news reports that Chinese-made “health supplements” contained ground-up corpses of babies and fetuses shocked the world. Unfortunately, this macabre story continues as some of the so-called “human flesh capsules” have made their way into South Korea again. Even though there has been a heavy crackdown on these kind of black market “medicine,” Korean authorities arrested two Chinese men last month for smuggling the gruesome pills and then reselling them as “diet supplements.”
Men often say that women are impossible to understand. Well, there are certain things that women can never understand about men too. There’s a never-ending list of things that the opposite genders can never agree on, including the subject that can make or break relationships in their fragile, early stages: where to go on a date.
A Korean website recently conducted a survey in which 1,200 male and female office workers were asked to talk about the date spots they both liked and disliked. If you’ve ever wished you had a Korean girlfriend, here are five dating options you should avoid like the plague!
Wire art is certainly nothing new, head down to any local craft fair and you’ll probably find a little wire frog or ostrich overflowing with folksy charm. But you’ve never seen anything like what Korean sculptor Park Seung-mo can pull off with thin strips of metal.
To say he takes the art to another level is an understatement. His elaborate 3-D portraits and statues are awesome in their detail and mind-boggling to imagine how much time and effort went into making them.
South Korean netizens are apparently up in arms over their president’s choice of shoes that she wore when throwing the opening pitch of the third game of the Korean Series baseball tournament in Seoul on October 27. Her fashion crime? President Park Guen Hye had the “audacity” to show up wearing a Japanese brand of sneakers!
- Scott R Dixon
Oct 22, 2013
If Japan and South Korea were on Facebook, there is no doubt that their relationship status would be “it’s complicated.” Between territorial spats, historical disputes and arguing over a pop star’s table manners, these two countries have a lot of uncomfortable diplomatic moments. But they do have one very major thing in common—mutual defense treaties with the United States. Although we doubt (and very much hope) that Tokyo and Seoul never resort to war to solve these issues, some South Korean netizens recently took to the Internet to ponder who Uncle Sam would back in such a fight.
Instant noodles, otherwise known as instant ramen in some parts of the world, were invented by the Japanese and were once considered luxury gourmet over fifty years ago, back when fresh foods were more accessible than processed food. Today, the packaged instant delicacies have become an affordable snack enjoyed globally, particularly among those who are too busy, too lazy or those who have been deemed a fire hazard in the kitchen.
While the instant noodle makers have shown continuous effort in developing new flavors to keep the consumers’ tastebuds tingling, there are people out there who have gone beyond the bowl in creating their own unique serving. A sprinkle of extra seasoning, or topping it off with eggs or vegetables is rather common since the ramen itself isn’t quite as nutritious, but wait, ice cream?!
Oct 18, 2013
Who knew that hip hop dancing could be such serious business? An American hip-hop dance team – or crew as they’re called in dance circles – is so miffed that another dance crew allegedly stole part of their routine that they’re taking the fight to the rival team half a world away.
The apparent ripping off occurred when a Korean dance crew busted out a brief but complex choreographed dance move that is exactly the same as a move pioneered by the American dance crew I.Am.Me on the MTV show America’s Best Dance Crew (side note: the show is hosted by none other than A.C. Slater, a well-known expert on 80s-style dance numbers).
There seems to be a long-running debate over whether Jesus was white or African (as opposed, to, you know, Arabic, as most people born in the Middle East tend to be).
Apparently concerned that the squabble doesn’t have enough sides, a participant in a Chinese Internet forum has come forward with images suggesting yet another theory: Jesus was Korean.
- Rona Moon
Oct 13, 2013
Recently on stage at Korea at the 2013 NABBA/WFF Korea Championship… tanned, toned and oiled goddesses flowed across the stage, flexing their sinuous musculature to compete for the Bikini and Sports Model categories. One would be chosen as their queen, but who would it be?
These images combine superhuman abs and rockhard thighs with other areas of alluring softness. Like fine bronze sculptures, these women (and men!) have made their bodies their art.
- Master Blaster
Oct 10, 2013
“Forget the Grand Prix, the real race for the drivers is the flight from Korea to Tokyo tonight on various private jets.” A statement tweeted by F1 writer Adam Cooper on 6 October when the Korean Grand Prix was held.
Sure enough, only a few hours after the race had finished, Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso tweeted, “Already in Japan! One of the best GP’s of the year!” This is a move that the Japanese media had taken as a source of pride as well as yet another sign that trouble looms for the beleaguered Korean Grand Prix.
Whatever the country, when taking a ride on the subway the feeling that you have entered into a whole new dimension, completely cut off from the world above, can be difficult to suppress. But in the Korea’s capital city, the division between underground and overground became a little blurred than usual for one tourist as they discovered a fully stocked grocery store in a subway car.
America throws the best linguistic hissy fits when political relationships sour. Remember when Congress tried to change French fries to “freedom fries” because France didn’t want to come along on the Iraq invasion? Or how about when sauerkraut became so unpopular during World War I that makers suggested changing the name to the less Germanic “liberty cabbage”? Good times.
Well, it may be that the Yanks aren’t the only ones who want suitably patriotic cabbage. In Korea, it looks like Chinese cabbage, the vegetable used to make the most common variety of kimchi, is now being referred to as “kimchi cabbage” or just “cabbage”.
- Philip Kendall
Oct 1, 2013
University life may not be quite how it appears in the countless teen comedies that Hollywood coughed up during the early noughties, but it can still be a lot of fun. And if these photos taken during an event at Kangwon National University’s recent campus festival are anything to go by, some colleges aren’t afraid to cross a few lines when it comes to having a good time.
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- 17 mouthwatering photos from the legendary sushi restaurant where Obama just ate dinner4
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan5
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life6
- “Daaangerrrr!” Fukuoka town experiments with new road markings7
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”8
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place9
- ‘Power harrassment’ in Japan’s police force blamed for officer’s suicide10
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit4
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly5
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated6
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love7
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together8
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends9
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival2
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos3
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour7
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】8
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong9
- Take your love of touching imitation breasts out on the go with Puni Puni Case For iPhone10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life
- “Daaangerrrr!” Fukuoka town experiments with new road markings
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place
- ‘Power harrassment’ in Japan’s police force blamed for officer’s suicide
- Live-action Attack on Titan film casts lead role, sets filming location and start date
- Tear-jerker: Brain tumor patient’s “final wish” is to find her husband a new girlfriend
- “Miniature Calendar” reveals a magical world where tiny people live among our things【Photos】
- Tokyo Tower lights up beautifully in Star-Spangled Banner style for President Obama
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- The Whimsy Bomb! College Humor splices Studio Ghibli movies with other popular anime series
- The Rice Cube — tasty-looking appetizers made fun and easy!!
- Konsei Matsuri: The giant penis riding festival in Iwate
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong