A 65-year-old woman died of injuries she received after her 66-year-old husband backed his car into her while parking in Hanno, Saitama Prefecture.
Noticed anything odd about this bus? Yep, it’s ‘topless’, though it definitely shouldn’t be.
It was reported that this unfortunate tour bus in Tian Jin, China had its roof shaved off on January 26 when it drove right into a height-limit gate without stopping, turning it into a horror movie version of an open-top London tour bus.
Hayashi 'Fang' Hougi
Jan 28, 2015
If you’re one of those people who is plagued by bad luck, then you’ll know that disaster can strike anytime, anywhere. One man from Changsha in China’s Hunan Province learned this the hard way recently when an arrow flew out of nowhere and lodged itself in his knee while he was minding his own business hanging out laundry.
Warning: this report contains an image which some readers may find squirm-inducing!
A bizarre death occurred in the Kabukicho area of Shinjuku, Tokyo recently as a 22-year-old woman died after falling nine stories during a visit to the restroom. Although suicide hasn’t been entirely ruled out, this appears to be a case of highly unusual building practices as a door opening onto a sheer drop was also present in the room.
There is perhaps no greater feeling of anger and frustration than getting cut off on an expressway. To have your pleasant cruising speed shattered by some jerk-off who can’t tilt their head an extra inch or position their mirrors properly is usually an unforgivable act in the driving world.
However, this one truck driver in particular has earned the acclaim of everyone who watched the harrowing video of it cutting off a car as they both drove along at high speeds on a rainy highway. After watching the video we’re pretty sure you’ll understand why.
Nov 20, 2014
The Tokyo metropolitan subway system is notorious for being incredibly crowded at rush hour, with commuters packed into narrow train carriages like sardines in a can. You’re probably familiar with images of white-gloved train conductors literally pushing people onto trains in an attempt to squeeze just one more body on before departure.
It can be very scary being squished into a mass of people like that, and this particularly holds true in case of sudden incidents such as the one that occurred this week when the window of a train literally broke due to the pressure of all of those heaving bodies. Join us after the jump for images of crushed glass and scenes of utter chaos! Okay, it’s actually only a few cracks, but still…
Nov 1, 2014
It’s hard to imagine the thought process of people contemplating suicide, which makes it equally hard to convince someone not to once they become determined to do so.
Obviously there are many reasons why committing suicide would be the wrong choice in any situation, but here’s a coldly practical one: The odds are against you succeeding. According to the Center for Disease Control, for every one successful suicide attempt, there are twenty-five that fail. While that might seem like an encouraging statistic, there are still the after-effects to those who live on. For example, an incident that unfolded in China involving a couple looking to end it all serves as a reminder that things can get much, much worse.
Hayashi 'Fang' Hougi
Oct 20, 2014
A truck crashes into a smaller car on a highway, compressing it like a cola can. The heap of metal then continues to plough though a line of cars, scattering them like billiard balls. Mere seconds later, intense orange flames engulf the entire segment of the highway and thick, black smoke fills the air.
This sounds like a scene right out of a Hollywood action movie, but unfortunately this is real life. If you can stomach the intense footage, check out the following video from Japan’s ANN News channel, which shows an everyday highway scene turn into a mess of metal and flames in the blink of an eye.
Sep 7, 2014
One of the great things about living in this modern society, apart from all the creature comforts like smartphones and underpants for said smartphone, is that we no longer have to live in fear of being struck down by cannonballs hurtling through the air around us.
At least for the most part we don’t. But every once in a blue moon someone might just find a 40kg (88lbs) lump of iron blasting through the wall of their home and landing right next to where they are sleeping. This time that unlucky person was one Keiya Yamamoto of Kawasaki City.
Some people have the worst luck. Like this guy who was just innocently walking down the street when a knife suddenly fell from above and lodged itself right in his skull.
Warning: This post contains images depicting injury and blood.
Jul 28, 2014
How far would you go to save your cell phone?
In something out of a bizarre nightmare that the parent of a three-year-old learning to potty train might have, a Chinese woman who dropped her phone into a cesspool lost not only an electronic gadget, but her husband and mother-in-law as well. More details on this tragedy after the jump.
Scott R Dixon
Jul 14, 2014
After a tragedy like the April 16 sinking of the South Korean ferry Sewol, many are left wondering how to appropriately commemorate the lives lost without forgetting the awful truth of the actual incident. Last week a South Korean newspaper revealed that a two-hour documentary about the accident is being planned to be released next year to coincide with the one-year anniversary. The film’s backers are relying solely on donations and are seeking just 400 million won (US$392,000) to finance the low-budget project. And with the entire country paying extremely close attention to every tragic detail to come out of the investigations surrounding the accident, this film is destined to be an instant hit in Korean movie theaters.
Scott R Dixon
Jun 23, 2014
While bikes are an easy, economical and environmentally friendly way to get from A to B, a 19-year-old Chinese man recently learned that there’s no such thing as a safe way to get around town.
Click below to read the story of how this unfortunate young man, after losing control of his bike and smashing into a tree, spent seven hours with his testicles separated from his body. You might want to cross your legs for this one, guys.
Jun 15, 2014
Men slipping and landing with their penises stuck in something is a health hazard world governments have ignored for too long!
A building at a factory in Hunan Province, China that produces gunpowder for use in fireworks was obliterated following an explosion that rocked a neighboring community on the morning of May 28. The plant’s management issued a statement saying, “It was completely destroyed so we don’t know the cause. However, it was a normal explosion.” It’s hard to argue with the managers in a gunpowder factory – certainly that would be the most normal place to have an explosion.
It’s one of those tragic accidents that seems to replay itself far too often. Not a week goes by that I don’t open up the newspaper and hear yet again about how a crocodile has been injured by a woman not wearing her seatbelt.
Whelp, here we go again… On 20 May in Murmansk, Russia a two-meter-long crocodile named Fedya was treated for injures after a 120kg (265lbs) woman fell on it. This incident started off like they always do, with a minibus full of circus performers driving through the Arctic.
For those of you who thought phys-ed class never taught skills valuable in the real world, we bring you the story and footage of one Mr. Li of Zhongshan City, Guangdong.
Upon seeing an infant at a second-story window, the man dashed below and readied himself to make the most important catch of his life.
May 22, 2014
It’s a scenario that has played out in so many cartoons: You’re walking along the street, minding your own business when suddenly – ZOINK! – you’ve fallen into an uncovered manhole.
When it happens in the real life, though, like it did to this poor woman who documented the experience via Twitter, it’s a far more grisly scene.
As you might expect from a story involving personal injury and a trip to the sewers, this post contains images that some readers may prefer not to look at while enjoying their lunch.
Who is the scariest driver out there? The people who drive 50 over the speed limit? The one who swerves through all the lanes? The slow guy who can’t go any more than 20 under the limit causing you to swear up a storm? Or how about those people who drive the giant trucks, who can’t see anything around them? Yeah, those are pretty scary, and a new video from China shows what happens when those big trucks don’t pay attention!
Officials neither confirm nor deny rumor that Japanese support was denied for South Korean ferry disaster
Apr 20, 2014
During a meeting in a gymnasium on Jindo Island in South Korea between Coast Guard officials and families of those on board the recently capsized ferry, one family member brought up a circulating rumor that the South Korean government had refused search and rescue support from neighboring Japan.
- Miso soup anime ads are so touching they’ll warm your heart as the soup warms your tummy1
- Japanese tourist gets lost in Windsor Castle, wanders into Queen’s private rooms2
- Shipwreck of massive Japanese battleship discovered after more than 70 years 【Video】3
- Tokyo boss arrested for allegedly assaulting employee with a stun gun for being late4
- Resort in the Philippines decides to stop ripping off Gundam, rip off another robot instead5
- The 11 Cat Islands of Japan 【Photos】6
- Goku vs. Frieza! Dragon Ball Z’s heroes and villains star in epic dance-off/soda commercials7
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby8
- Nissan unveils “smart BBQ” car that comes with a drone, karaoke machine, mist shower…and a grill9
- Suntory encourages responsible drinking with bizarre guide to declining party invitations10
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby1
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens2
- ISIS-inspired gang kills middle school boy: “We’ll cut off your head while you’re still alive!”3
- The 11 Cat Islands of Japan 【Photos】4
- Fan film ‘Dragon Ball Z: Light of Hope’ – two years in the making, but well worth the wait【Video】5
- Japanese netizens rediscover “Full Armor Game Boy,” question how the ’90s defined portability6
- “Hell on Earth” as Tokyo subway station floods with sewage7
- Creepy news: Estimate a complete stranger’s breast size with this new plastic folder!8
- Revenge bento show us it’s a dish best served cold (and boxed) with insults and hidden chilies9
- Online seller pulls cruel trick, sells pencil lead photographed alongside Nintendo 3DS XL10
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】3
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens4
- English hot spring manners poster is so thorough, even Japanese people are learning from it5
- Meet Asuna, the hyperreal android that will leave your jaw hanging 【Video】6
- Keanu Reeves tries to be a tourist in Akihabara, gets mobbed by fans instead7
- Man beats up woman for not looking like “goddess” he spent thousands of dollars to meet8
- Someone finally built the massive, room-filling Dragon Ball Z diorama the world deserved9
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts10
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing6
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings7
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】8
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones9
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】10
- The 11 Cat Islands of Japan 【Photos】
- Goku vs. Frieza! Dragon Ball Z’s heroes and villains star in epic dance-off/soda commercials
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby
- Nissan unveils “smart BBQ” car that comes with a drone, karaoke machine, mist shower…and a grill
- Suntory encourages responsible drinking with bizarre guide to declining party invitations
- McDonald’s Japan introduces Hawaiian-inspired menu, netizens can’t get over the pancakes
- Six outdoor Japanese hot springs you can visit right now (with Google Street View)
- Godzilla appears in the Tokyo skyline atop new Shinjuku skyscraper! 【Photos】
- Online seller pulls cruel trick, sells pencil lead photographed alongside Nintendo 3DS XL
- Tokyo ramen shops trying serving “boob ramen,” ends up looking like “phallic ramen” instead
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens
- Staggering servings of salmon roe are waiting for you at these four Tokyo restaurants