We’ve all had bosses we didn’t like for one reason or another. Maybe their breath smelled as if they’d never even heard of a toothbrush or maybe they were too demanding. Or, heck, we bet some of you have had bosses who were just plain jerks. But no matter how much you might hate your boss, you’ll probably feel a bit better towards him or her after reading about this 28-year-old who was viciously assaulted by his boss after arriving late to work.
Sep 10, 2014
Net users in Japan are in shock today after reading the news of how a blind high school girl in Saitama Prefecture was injured after being viciously kicked by an unknown assailant while making her way to school. This news comes just weeks after it was learned that a guide dog was stabbed three times by a passenger on a crowded train in the same prefecture.
More details have emerged of the abuse suffered by a private in the South Korean Army who died after intense physical bullying from fellow soldiers, and photos of his body reveal it to be black and blue with bruises. The incident has sparked outrage and concern for other young soldiers who may be suffering hazing or other problems during their intense mandatory two-year conscription.
Warning: This post contains graphic imagery and descriptions of violence.
On 4 June at around 11pm bridal store employee, Eisuke Himoto, allegedly approached a 30-year-old woman on her way home from her part-time job. According to police, he called out to her asking, “Why don’t we get a drink?” to which the woman tried to run away.
Most men at this point would consider attempted escape as a sign that a woman is not into them. Himoto, on the other hand, allegedly felt this had become the perfect opportunity to begin hugging and kissing the woman from behind.
Luckily, Himoto’s same utter lack of judgment would eventually lead to his speedy arrest shortly after.
May 25, 2014
At 4:55 p.m. today, the company behind many of Japan’s larger idol groups, AKS, released a statement regarding an attack on members of AKB48 and event staff during a handshake event in Iwate Prefecture this afternoon.
Members Rina Kawaei (19) and Anna Iriyama (18), as well as a male member of the venue staff, are said to have been injured, with a 24-year-old male taken into police custody.
Following an especially cold-blooded and brutal assault on a six-year-old boy, police in China’s Shanxi Province are currently searching for an unidentified woman. According to reports, the boy remembers being taken away to a field by a stranger before being drugged on 24 August. Sometime later, the boy turned up near his home with his face covered in blood. His family then discovered that both of the boy’s eyes had been removed.
Okazaki City, Aichi Prefecture was the site of a bizarre death of 23 year-old Takuya Nagaya at the hands his father, Katsumi Nagaya. The victim was repeatedly assaulted including bites before succumbing to injuries.
The father having been arrested on suspicion of assault had said “I did it to drive out the snake that had possessed him.”
Jan 11, 2013
In a story reported by Kotaku Japan, a young man in Pingxiang, China was attacked by villagers when he was mistaken for a social worker spying on them with his mobile phone.
The situation soon got out of hand, and after a brief skirmish the young man was left with a fractured skull. Almost a year later, he is still receiving medical treatment and regularly suffers seizures.
American Soldier Suspected of Trespassing and Assaulting Okinawan Middle School Student After Curfew
Nov 4, 2012
Since 16 October a curfew has been in place on all US soldiers stationed in Japan restricting them from leaving their bases from 11pm to 5am. This was in response to an incident where two soldiers allegedly raped a young Japanese woman in Okinawa.
However, on 2 November what appeared to have been a drunk American soldier trespassed into a room and struck a young boy. The police investigation is ongoing.
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- J-pop unit Perfume’s innovative projection mapping at US performance creates worldwide buzz2
- Sadly (thankfully?), this jiggle-inducing piece of video game kit isn’t real…yet3
- Pikachu puts on a suit, hopes hiring managers will choose him as a business formal plushie4
- Fan-made TIE Fighter short film: For people who love Star Wars, anime, or just plain awesomeness5
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”6
- Woman loses an eye from foul ball at Sapporo Dome, sues team for millions of yen7
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll8
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife9
- Adorable Ili pika photographed for the first time in 20 years10
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives1
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map2
- Which do you like? Twitter asks if you prefer girls naughty on the inside or outside3
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】4
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines5
- Buyer’s remorse? Not if you’ve got confidence like this girl6
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them7
- Public reacts in horror as poster in Shinjuku Station threatens even more exits8
- Bizarre video series gives pervy weirdos a glimpse of girls’ panties in very specific situations9
- Kabe-don? That’s old news. Now it’s all about the sode-kuru!10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20156
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens7
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives8
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin9
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines6
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing7
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】8
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】9
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones10
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”
- Woman loses an eye from foul ball at Sapporo Dome, sues team for millions of yen
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife
- Adorable Ili pika photographed for the first time in 20 years
- Must try harder: This crane game in Japan is laughably bad 【Video】
- Have you foresaken sleep and completed Bloodborne already? Now you can move on to PvP mode!
- We love wagyu! We spend an evening learning about (and eating) Japanese beef
- Bizarre video series gives pervy weirdos a glimpse of girls’ panties in very specific situations
- Five simple ways to take your curry rice to the next level
- Tokyo chain puts french fries on soba noodles, proves dreams really can come true
- Awesome new electric motorcycle looks like something out of “Akira”‘s Neo Tokyo