A woman in China’s Zhejiang Province has been arrested after she entered an ATM vestibule and splashed urine over the machines following the bank’s refusal to process her money transfer, Chinese media has reported.
Japan has always had the market cornered on weird vending machines, so it’s going to take a lot to impress the people in a country where you can buy anything from fresh eggs to crepes from a metal box. But this new cupcake vending machine has been turning heads, not for how bizarre it is (by Japan’s standards), but how cute it is.
Sprinkles, the popular cupcake chain in the US, has just opened a “Cupcake ATM” at its New York store, the first of its kind in the area. It opened just 24 hours ago and the lines have been unbelievably long. Let’s take a closer look at the opening day.
Mar 9, 2014
What happens when you withdraw a ton of cash from an ATM in the middle of the city, only to walk away and realize later that you forgot to stick it in your wallet? Apparently nothing, if you happen to live in Nagasaki City. Earlier this week a Nagasaki native experienced the above situation, and was ecstatic to find the money untouched when he returned later. The killer part of everything? Wait until you hear his profession.
China is increasingly becoming a real-life Maximum Overdrive with machines and items such as mobile phones, toilets, bus windows, buses, cans of cola, and cigarettes have all lashed out at their fleshy masters.
And now, at around 2:00 a.m. in Fujian Province, the automated teller machine of a credit union exploded blowing out nearby windows but injuring none. It would appear the joke was on this machine as it didn’t know most people sleep at that time of day.
Of the many things that China is known for, one of them is most certainly bootlegging. Sometimes it works to our smalltime benefit by introducing us to almost familiar films and imitation iPhones, but only trouble can be bought when China’s system begins circulating bootleg bills.
Recently, counterfeit money in China has reached a point where not only are people being fooled by fake cash, money-checking machines are too, as Chinese ATMs appear to be distributing bogus bills to honest civilians.
Oct 17, 2012
Let’s play a little game, shall we?
You’re walking down the street one day when you stumble across a watch on the ground. On closer inspection, you realise it’s a rather swanky gold Rolex, and it looks genuine. You look around for the owner, but no-one is in sight, and there are no residences or open stores nearby.
What do you do?
Pocket the watch to sell later or make your own, or hand it in at your nearest police station? Be honest now…
How about if, instead of finding a watch on the street, you discovered a small stack of cash, sitting unattended beside an ATM? And it’s no paltry sum either- about US$2,000. Would you take it or leave it behind?
A middle school vice principle in Kōchi prefecture, Shikoku, decided on the former… Read More
A woman in Ningbo, China, is claiming that she received a counterfeit bill among the cash she withdrew from a Chinese bank’s ATM.
After withdrawing 500 Yuan (around 80 US dollars) from the machine, Ms. Oh visited a pharmacy where she attempted to pay for a handful of items with one of the five 100 Yuan notes.
Although she had checked that the amount was there in full when it came out of the machine, Oh had not noticed the fake bill amongst the four other genuine 100 Yuan notes, and handed it over at the pharmacy without thinking anything of it.
- Who knew frozen apples could taste so good!: Simple dessert recipe for the diet-conscious1
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours2
- “Common habits of Japan’s low earners”: What this survey tells us, and what it doesn’t3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute5
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?6
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage7
- “We don’t want to be girls. We just want to be cute!” Osaka Girls’ Club looks to the future of ‘josou’ crossdressing8
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer9
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make2
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world3
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art4
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer5
- Japanese sleep experts say we’ve been using our blankets wrong, help us hate winter a little less6
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters7
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence8
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues9
- Cat got your tongue? 10 unusual Japanese phrases that use the word ‘cat’10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage
- “We don’t want to be girls. We just want to be cute!” Osaka Girls’ Club looks to the future of ‘josou’ crossdressing
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence
- Nearly five percent of Japanese are addicted to gambling- even though it’s still “illegal”
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world
- Beautiful faces and floors – Five great ways to reuse the water from rinsing rice
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】
- Endangered critters in China get health check, diagnosed with acute cuteness 【Photos】
- Check out these cool ways to enjoy hot springs in Oita, including eating and breathing them
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection
- Deal of the day – Give this hamster’s Vine video six seconds, and he’ll give you a huge smile