It’s said that playing online games together fosters teamwork and friendship. That’s often true, and playing games socially is infinitely more fun than playing alone, but one friendship turned sour in China recently when a game of League of Legends went severely awry, ending with one youth taking up a knife and slashing his friend for questioning his competency at the game. Click below for more details on this tragic urban tale.
Not unlike the “911 attack cat” that’s been making waves across the States, it looks like a peacock at the Singapore Zoo has also gone into an unstoppable rage! Only this time, the battlefield happens to be a road, and the peacock in question has challenged a car to a duel. Maybe its wrath was triggered after seeing its own reflection in the car’s shiny exterior, or by the driver’s attempt to get it out of the way by beeping the horn…but regardless of what provoked it, this is one angry bird. Who do you think emerged victorious after the fight?
AKB48 general manager Shinobu Kayano wrote on her official blog early Tuesday that the idol group’s members Anna Iriyama (18) and Rina Kawaei (19) were released from the hospital. Kayano confirmed that the injured male part-time staff member is also at home recuperating from his injuries and that she is grateful for his bravery while protecting Iriyama and Kawaei from their attacker.
Netizens have been talking about a giant cat attack on helpless residents of one small town in Japan. The exact number of cats has yet to be confirmed, but eye-witnesses report seeing at least four felines stalking the premises. The photo above has been retweeted over 9,000 times in 15 hours and is accompanied by three additional chilling photos of the attempted takeover.
What could possibly go wrong here? Here is an cat, innocently reaching for a cotton bud, probably to attend to his personal hygiene. Sure, he looks a little evil, a tad malicious. But who wouldn’t, faced with a stubborn ear wax infestation?
The drama which ensued in the moments after this cat moved toward the cotton bud was captured in a terrifying series of photos posted on Japan’s Hamster Sokuhou which cracked up some Japanese netizens. We think the evidence really speaks for itself.
Jan 6, 2013
**WARNING: Scenes in this video might be disturbing to some**
On 3 January, in Shenzhen, China a 21 year-old man purchased a large kitchen knife in a busy shopping district and proceeded to slash it at anyone within arm’s reach.
The attack was caught by security cameras in the area and released to the media. The upsetting video shows the knife wielding man repeatedly slash at one woman and proceed to walk along the lane swinging at anyone with little regard to whether he hit them or not.
Jun 21, 2012
Have you ever watched a movie where a group of unbelievably attractive looking hackers broke into some government organization by constantly typing on their keyboard like they were typing an essay? Yet according to the display they were opening and closing executable files.
Sadly when alleged cyber-attacks occured during the South Ossetia War there were probably no fancy CGI effects showing neon blue wires interacting with each other while Scarlet Johansson with a poor Slavic accent convinces a Putin-looking Sean Penn to move all the nuclear data to a back-up server – constantly typing all the while.
No, the reality is probably just a bunch of sweaty Russians crowded around a blinking DOS prompt. That is, until now, as Japan’s National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT) have developed a new cyber-attack alert system called Daedalus. And let me tell you, cyber warfare has never been sexier!
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so1
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?2
- Visit Japan without ever leaving home with these eight beautiful videos3
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile4
- Online survey reveals the types of guys elementary school girls DON’T want to date5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Japan’s prince of tennis gets his own Prince of Tennis manga portrait7
- Women at World Wushu Championships attack each other at the speed of light8
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】9
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer2
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world5
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick6
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence7
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?8
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan9
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours
- Japan’s prince of tennis gets his own Prince of Tennis manga portrait
- Women at World Wushu Championships attack each other at the speed of light
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Anime-loving mum takes kyara-ben to a new level with these well-drawn anime bentos
- Bonsai treehouses look like something out of Howl’s Moving Castle 【Photos】
- Finally! Attack on Titan director says TV anime’s second season will start production in 2016
- Zao Fox Village: Where all your cutes are belong to us
- Rare ghost-white tuna caught off Bali — we go to see it on display in Shibuya!
- Enjoy a relaxing bowl of tea with these beautiful goldfish-shaped teabags from Taiwan