It’s said that playing online games together fosters teamwork and friendship. That’s often true, and playing games socially is infinitely more fun than playing alone, but one friendship turned sour in China recently when a game of League of Legends went severely awry, ending with one youth taking up a knife and slashing his friend for questioning his competency at the game. Click below for more details on this tragic urban tale.
Not unlike the “911 attack cat” that’s been making waves across the States, it looks like a peacock at the Singapore Zoo has also gone into an unstoppable rage! Only this time, the battlefield happens to be a road, and the peacock in question has challenged a car to a duel. Maybe its wrath was triggered after seeing its own reflection in the car’s shiny exterior, or by the driver’s attempt to get it out of the way by beeping the horn…but regardless of what provoked it, this is one angry bird. Who do you think emerged victorious after the fight?
AKB48 general manager Shinobu Kayano wrote on her official blog early Tuesday that the idol group’s members Anna Iriyama (18) and Rina Kawaei (19) were released from the hospital. Kayano confirmed that the injured male part-time staff member is also at home recuperating from his injuries and that she is grateful for his bravery while protecting Iriyama and Kawaei from their attacker.
Netizens have been talking about a giant cat attack on helpless residents of one small town in Japan. The exact number of cats has yet to be confirmed, but eye-witnesses report seeing at least four felines stalking the premises. The photo above has been retweeted over 9,000 times in 15 hours and is accompanied by three additional chilling photos of the attempted takeover.
What could possibly go wrong here? Here is an cat, innocently reaching for a cotton bud, probably to attend to his personal hygiene. Sure, he looks a little evil, a tad malicious. But who wouldn’t, faced with a stubborn ear wax infestation?
The drama which ensued in the moments after this cat moved toward the cotton bud was captured in a terrifying series of photos posted on Japan’s Hamster Sokuhou which cracked up some Japanese netizens. We think the evidence really speaks for itself.
Jan 6, 2013
**WARNING: Scenes in this video might be disturbing to some**
On 3 January, in Shenzhen, China a 21 year-old man purchased a large kitchen knife in a busy shopping district and proceeded to slash it at anyone within arm’s reach.
The attack was caught by security cameras in the area and released to the media. The upsetting video shows the knife wielding man repeatedly slash at one woman and proceed to walk along the lane swinging at anyone with little regard to whether he hit them or not.
Jun 21, 2012
Have you ever watched a movie where a group of unbelievably attractive looking hackers broke into some government organization by constantly typing on their keyboard like they were typing an essay? Yet according to the display they were opening and closing executable files.
Sadly when alleged cyber-attacks occured during the South Ossetia War there were probably no fancy CGI effects showing neon blue wires interacting with each other while Scarlet Johansson with a poor Slavic accent convinces a Putin-looking Sean Penn to move all the nuclear data to a back-up server – constantly typing all the while.
No, the reality is probably just a bunch of sweaty Russians crowded around a blinking DOS prompt. That is, until now, as Japan’s National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT) have developed a new cyber-attack alert system called Daedalus. And let me tell you, cyber warfare has never been sexier!
- Disney’s Baymax appears in curry, hot pots, and more, thanks to cheesy food-based pun【Photos】1
- Japanese opera singer records an incredible cover of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”2
- Yoro shisetsu: Japan’s progressive joint care centers where kids and seniors interact3
- “Underwater Knee-High Girls” goes to Taiwan! Exhibition including new “Yuri” photos to be held4
- Make your instant coffee 10 times yummier with this one simple trick5
- Team aims to pierce moon with Evangelion’s Spear of Longinus6
- Could this teen’s simple but genius idea help put an end to cyber bullying?7
- In a country steeped in tradition, two prefectures are completely void of historical temples8
- Blast your own Kamehameha at the “Let’s fire a Kamehamaha Martial Arts Tournament” event!9
- Ariana Grande is learning hiragana and Japan can’t stop talking about it10
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”1
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time2
- The cat hairband, for when cat ears just aren’t enough3
- No more photo retouches! New makeup for cosplayers claims to create photo-perfect skin4
- Cross-dressing talent Matsuko Deluxe: AKB opening the Tokyo Olympics “would embarrass Japan”5
- Do clothes make the man or the man make the clothes? Japanese Twitter user tries to find out6
- Ninja-cats are hiding in homes around the world and we have 20 photos to prove it7
- Japanese opera singer records an incredible cover of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”8
- Cross-dressing Cosplay Idol Group a Huge Hit in China9
- Side-boob Shirt is the useless evolution of last year’s Boob Turtleneck10
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”1
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing2
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】3
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones4
- Edo era Samurai were pretty gay5
- Ugly-cute makeup genius feeds off negative troll comments on Twitter6
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time7
- Teacher draws over students’ doodles to make red pen masterpieces8
- Photos of people lining up outside of the Sapporo Apple Store make us feel positively frozen9
- Netizens hatch adorable baby birds from supermarket eggs, provide evidence10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】5
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”6
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school7
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing8
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises9
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit10
- Team aims to pierce moon with Evangelion’s Spear of Longinus
- Could this teen’s simple but genius idea help put an end to cyber bullying?
- In a country steeped in tradition, two prefectures are completely void of historical temples
- Blast your own Kamehameha at the “Let’s fire a Kamehamaha Martial Arts Tournament” event!
- Ariana Grande is learning hiragana and Japan can’t stop talking about it
- Japanese wasp-filled crackers: Their sting is far worse than a bite
- Tokyo Disneyland raising admission, because it’s the Happiest Place on Earth, not the cheapest
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time
- Around Japan in 47 rice balls: Mr. Sato buys each prefecture’s musubi all from one Tokyo shop
- The Silly Universe of Joshi Kosei: Japanese high school girls entertain the Internet (accidentally)
- Fushigi Yugi stage adaptation gets cast and schedule as Mysterious Play becomes a real one
- New garlic cola from Japan’s garlic capital is as surprising as its name proclaims