One of the best things about Comiket, or any kind of convention really, is just wandering around checking out what everyone else is wearing. In Japan especially, you can expect to see a high level of polish and detail when it comes to the outfits dedicated cosplayers wear for the benefit of everyone else’s aesthetic appreciation. But, as in life, it seems like those cosplayers who are naturally blessed with beauty tend to be the ones drawing everyone’s eye. Just ask this incredibly cute young lady, who was one of the unofficial stars of Comiket 87.
Nov 5, 2014
Sisters Elle and Jess Yamada from Indonesia do everything together, and that includes making a name for themselves on the fashion blogosphere. The lovely ladies are in their early twenties and have a combined total of nearly 250,000 Instagram followers, write for their popular blog on their website, and run a clothing line called Gowigasa. They’re also apparently really awesome at hulahooping, and won their high school’s hula hoop competition.
But we know what you really want is to get a good look at these two beauties, so read on to find a selection of photos after the cut.
What did you see when you looked at the above picture? There’s two potential options and only one of them reflects reality, although both give an insight into how dirty or clean minded you are.
Jun 7, 2014
There are so many 2-D girls out there with different hairstyles and colours, body shapes, and personalities, although they do all share the same big googly eyes. And apparently the sexiest of them all share something else in common too. Did your waifu make this list of the top 10 sexiest female anime characters?
Apr 16, 2014
Japan has never ceased to fascinate us with their truckloads of girl idol groups, gravure idols and, well, just cute girls in general. The Japanese population seem to be rather satiated with their ever-increasing troops of idols too. However, there has been some hype on some Japanese websites recently, with netizens uploading photos of a Chinese girl whom they think is “too cute”.
And the good news is, no “traps” are involved this time!
Feb 10, 2014
Skinny is out, fit is in! Gone are the days of envying models for their stick thin figures, girls these days are seeking to look slender and beautiful in a healthy way.
Last month, a marathon-running beauty was making waves on China’s forums and social websites. This month, however, it’s a super-fit gym babe who is catching the attention of Chinese netizens! Regular workouts like jogging on the treadmill and doing crunches are nothing to her; this girl is working her muscles with a thorough fitness training that could even put male gym lovers to shame.
Jan 18, 2014
Widespread use of the internet and social networking sites these days makes gaining fame and reputation online fairly easy, especially if you’re young, hot and people want to see your photos. Sometimes, such internet fame comes when you least expect it, such as, when you’re running a marathon.
An athletic babe shot to fame when pictures of her taking part in a marathon went viral across Chinese websites, bringing her over 10,000 new followers on Weibo (China’s homegrown version of Twitter) overnight!
Does anyone know who this beautiful girl is? Information on her identity and whereabouts could get you a $31,000 reward!
May 28, 2012
We all know that sexy looking women are great, but there are, of course, also many attractive women who capture our hearts with their pure, innocent look.
We previously posted a story on our Japanese site about a girl in braids who is so adorable that she just made our hearts ache. Well, once again we’ve been mesmerized by pictures of another beautiful, innocent-looking girl, which we wanted to share with you. What’s unusual in this case is that a man who has fallen in love with the pictures is supposedly offering a 2.5 million yen ($31,000) reward for information that will help him find her! Read More
For many of us the word ‘homeless’ brings to mind a very particular stereotype. Perhaps an old man with dirty skin and disheveled hair, wearing several layers of grungy clothing, standing on the street corner, begging for change. However, despite common preconceptions, it’s important to remember that people from all walks of life are pushed into homelessness. Read More
- No more photo retouches! New makeup for cosplayers claims to create photo-perfect skin1
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”2
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time3
- How many do you know? 12 delicious foods in Japanese supermarkets and convenience stores4
- Cross-dressing Cosplay Idol Group a Huge Hit in China5
- Evangelion couple rings let you tell your sweetheart you love him or her like Shinji loves Kaworu6
- The City of Angels is now the City of Samurai with Los Angeles museum’s awesome armor exhibition7
- Japanese granny attempts to trash treasure trove of old photographs, is thwarted by grandkids8
- Attack on Titan’s Universal Studios Japan attraction opens9
- Tokyo University campus has its own sushi restaurant where great dining meets higher education10
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”1
- Edo era Samurai were pretty gay2
- Netizens hatch adorable baby birds from supermarket eggs, provide evidence3
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time4
- Attack on Titan’s Universal Studios Japan attraction opens5
- New plus-sized idol group hopes to broaden the image of beauty in Japan 【Video】6
- Secret backmasked message found hidden in Dragon Ball Z ending song7
- Disney Store is all grown up with new branch designed for adult women opening in Tokyo8
- With adult responsibilities looming, Japanese teen lets loose with epic Frozen chalkboard art9
- Is “Ago-kui” the next “Kabe-don”?10
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing1
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”2
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】3
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones4
- Edo era Samurai were pretty gay5
- Ugly-cute makeup genius feeds off negative troll comments on Twitter6
- “Malaysian girl holding things” is our new favourite Instagram account 【Photos】7
- Teacher draws over students’ doodles to make red pen masterpieces8
- Photos of people lining up outside of the Sapporo Apple Store make us feel positively frozen9
- Netizens hatch adorable baby birds from supermarket eggs, provide evidence10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood3
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin4
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours5
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】6
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school7
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing8
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”9
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises10
- Evangelion couple rings let you tell your sweetheart you love him or her like Shinji loves Kaworu
- The City of Angels is now the City of Samurai with Los Angeles museum’s awesome armor exhibition
- Japanese granny attempts to trash treasure trove of old photographs, is thwarted by grandkids
- Attack on Titan’s Universal Studios Japan attraction opens
- Tokyo University campus has its own sushi restaurant where great dining meets higher education
- We try beer with whipped cream on top…because we’re fancy
- Japanese village converted into gorgeous open-air museum makes an easy day-trip escape from Tokyo
- Six Japanese business terms you already know, even if you didn’t realize it
- Here’s how a 2000-year-old Chinese art can make you more productive
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- Gear up for Valentine’s Day with this lipstick…chocolate!
- Japanese food blogger makes fried chicken poodles: “They’re too cute to eat!”
- Huge six-meter (19.7-foot) anime hug pillow will prove you’re a great big otaku 【Video】