Ever feel like you could spend the rest of your life in a soft bed tucked under a fluffy blanket? Well, maybe your pet sometimes feels the same way. And if that’s the case, then this may be an item you’ll want to get for your four-legged friends. It’s the “antibacterial and deodorized fluffy bed and blanket” (kokin boshu funnwari blanket-tsuki bed), and it looks so divinely comfortable, you may end up wishing you had one yourself!
Sep 16, 2014
We all have our funny little habits and daily rituals. Some of us don’t feel settled at night unless we’ve put all the dishes away or spoken to our loved ones on the phone. Others can’t head to bed unless they’ve first checked that the front door is locked or whipped the shower curtain open to ensure there isn’t a monster, murderer, or acid-spitting xenomorph in there waiting climb out of the tub after they’ve fallen asleep.
But did you know that some people in Japan are now getting into the habit of putting their wallets to bed before themselves?
Catch a movie in bed…at the theater! Four awesome theaters from around the world with beds for seats
Jan 18, 2014
We love movies. That’s not really a surprise or a secret, but it certainly is true! Whether it’s some kung-fu cop action or the latest from Ghibli, we would be hard-pressed to decline a trip to the theater. But even we have to admit that not all theater seating was created equally. Sure most of it isn’t bad, but sometimes we just wish we could bring the projector and screen home so we could lie in bed in our jammies with a bowl of popcorn and really relax. Too bad we can’t bring our beds to the theater…
Or can we??
It’s too late for this Christmas, but if you want to pamper your pet next December, this might make the perfect gift!
Made from soft inewara rice-straw, these neko chigura (lit. cat cradle) are made by a 30-strong team of weavers in the town of Sekikawa, Niigata prefecture on the northwest coast of Honshu, Japan. The weavers are known simply as the neko chigura kai (cat cradle committee) with each cradle taking around a week to put together.
Demand for the cat beds have exceeded even the creators’ wildest dreams, however, when thousands of orders flew in during recent weeks, creating a 12-month backlog.
China seems to be a hotbed of independent development of new inventions recently. Inventing’s a tough business though. For example, “China’s Noah’s Ark” has dubious financial prospects.
However, in central Chongqing, China, the Wang family has been enjoying their much more promising invention: a floating bed that can be stored in the ceiling!
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway1
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu2
- Sharp’s awesome new display tech licensed to Nintendo… who may not even use it for games3
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea4
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January5
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】6
- 10 slightly strange Christmas trees from Japan7
- Toilet slides and turd hats: welcome to Tokyo’s crappiest exhibition8
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!9
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu3
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG4
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20155
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women6
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】7
- Japan’s cutest rodent commuters take the high-road【Video】8
- Our hero Ladybeard shows us and the world how to properly wear the much-talked about boob shirt9
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】
- 10 slightly strange Christmas trees from Japan
- Toilet slides and turd hats: welcome to Tokyo’s crappiest exhibition
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Sick of BABYMETAL? How about some sumo metal!
- Flipping the kanji for “husband” upside-down reveals slightly worrying double meaning
- Pokémon fans’ heads exploding over guy’s classic Game Boy makeover video
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV
- Self-healing glasses on sale next year
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】