Ever feel like you could spend the rest of your life in a soft bed tucked under a fluffy blanket? Well, maybe your pet sometimes feels the same way. And if that’s the case, then this may be an item you’ll want to get for your four-legged friends. It’s the “antibacterial and deodorized fluffy bed and blanket” (kokin boshu funnwari blanket-tsuki bed), and it looks so divinely comfortable, you may end up wishing you had one yourself!
Sep 16, 2014
We all have our funny little habits and daily rituals. Some of us don’t feel settled at night unless we’ve put all the dishes away or spoken to our loved ones on the phone. Others can’t head to bed unless they’ve first checked that the front door is locked or whipped the shower curtain open to ensure there isn’t a monster, murderer, or acid-spitting xenomorph in there waiting climb out of the tub after they’ve fallen asleep.
But did you know that some people in Japan are now getting into the habit of putting their wallets to bed before themselves?
Catch a movie in bed…at the theater! Four awesome theaters from around the world with beds for seats
Jan 18, 2014
We love movies. That’s not really a surprise or a secret, but it certainly is true! Whether it’s some kung-fu cop action or the latest from Ghibli, we would be hard-pressed to decline a trip to the theater. But even we have to admit that not all theater seating was created equally. Sure most of it isn’t bad, but sometimes we just wish we could bring the projector and screen home so we could lie in bed in our jammies with a bowl of popcorn and really relax. Too bad we can’t bring our beds to the theater…
Or can we??
It’s too late for this Christmas, but if you want to pamper your pet next December, this might make the perfect gift!
Made from soft inewara rice-straw, these neko chigura (lit. cat cradle) are made by a 30-strong team of weavers in the town of Sekikawa, Niigata prefecture on the northwest coast of Honshu, Japan. The weavers are known simply as the neko chigura kai (cat cradle committee) with each cradle taking around a week to put together.
Demand for the cat beds have exceeded even the creators’ wildest dreams, however, when thousands of orders flew in during recent weeks, creating a 12-month backlog.
China seems to be a hotbed of independent development of new inventions recently. Inventing’s a tough business though. For example, “China’s Noah’s Ark” has dubious financial prospects.
However, in central Chongqing, China, the Wang family has been enjoying their much more promising invention: a floating bed that can be stored in the ceiling!
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!1
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so2
- The newer, cheaper Kakureya II: The perfect secret fort/box for studying, drinking, or napping3
- Visit Japan without ever leaving home with these eight beautiful videos4
- Anime-loving mum takes kyara-ben to a new level with these well-drawn anime bentos5
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?6
- Online survey reveals the types of guys elementary school girls DON’T want to date7
- This man’s first hand-drawn maze took seven years to complete, now he’s working on a second one8
- The animated meals in Ghibli’s movies have our mouths watering9
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer2
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world5
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick6
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence7
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?8
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan9
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- Over half of Japanese adults do this in the shower – How about you?
- Online survey reveals the types of guys elementary school girls DON’T want to date
- This man’s first hand-drawn maze took seven years to complete, now he’s working on a second one
- The animated meals in Ghibli’s movies have our mouths watering
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick
- NHK offices are too boring for broadcast after earthquake, “borrows” from tweets
- Bonsai treehouses look like something out of Howl’s Moving Castle 【Photos】
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises
- Japan is doing what people do best with fallen leaves: playing with them【Photos】
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US