Ever feel like you could spend the rest of your life in a soft bed tucked under a fluffy blanket? Well, maybe your pet sometimes feels the same way. And if that’s the case, then this may be an item you’ll want to get for your four-legged friends. It’s the “antibacterial and deodorized fluffy bed and blanket” (kokin boshu funnwari blanket-tsuki bed), and it looks so divinely comfortable, you may end up wishing you had one yourself!
Sep 16, 2014
We all have our funny little habits and daily rituals. Some of us don’t feel settled at night unless we’ve put all the dishes away or spoken to our loved ones on the phone. Others can’t head to bed unless they’ve first checked that the front door is locked or whipped the shower curtain open to ensure there isn’t a monster, murderer, or acid-spitting xenomorph in there waiting climb out of the tub after they’ve fallen asleep.
But did you know that some people in Japan are now getting into the habit of putting their wallets to bed before themselves?
Catch a movie in bed…at the theater! Four awesome theaters from around the world with beds for seats
Jan 18, 2014
We love movies. That’s not really a surprise or a secret, but it certainly is true! Whether it’s some kung-fu cop action or the latest from Ghibli, we would be hard-pressed to decline a trip to the theater. But even we have to admit that not all theater seating was created equally. Sure most of it isn’t bad, but sometimes we just wish we could bring the projector and screen home so we could lie in bed in our jammies with a bowl of popcorn and really relax. Too bad we can’t bring our beds to the theater…
Or can we??
It’s too late for this Christmas, but if you want to pamper your pet next December, this might make the perfect gift!
Made from soft inewara rice-straw, these neko chigura (lit. cat cradle) are made by a 30-strong team of weavers in the town of Sekikawa, Niigata prefecture on the northwest coast of Honshu, Japan. The weavers are known simply as the neko chigura kai (cat cradle committee) with each cradle taking around a week to put together.
Demand for the cat beds have exceeded even the creators’ wildest dreams, however, when thousands of orders flew in during recent weeks, creating a 12-month backlog.
China seems to be a hotbed of independent development of new inventions recently. Inventing’s a tough business though. For example, “China’s Noah’s Ark” has dubious financial prospects.
However, in central Chongqing, China, the Wang family has been enjoying their much more promising invention: a floating bed that can be stored in the ceiling!
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”1
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples2
- Pro drifter disguises herself as driving school student to prank first-day instructors 【Video】3
- Feeling the generational gap recently? The top 20 things that Japanese youth are distanced from4
- Man fed up with Love Live fans at subway station in China, pours water on them5
- Ladybeard makes music debut as lead member of pop idol trio Ladybaby (no, seriously!)6
- Attack on Titan cast invades Heroic Legend of Arslan in awesome anime crossover ad7
- Japan sees America’s Double Down, raises it a crazy deep-fried “sandwich” of its own8
- Win the chance to have your Japan wish granted by RocketNews24!!9
- High art or crime scene? More photos of passed-out salarymen 【Pics】10
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”3
- Vanishing Japan: Five things to see before they disappear completely4
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples5
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives6
- Past and present photos of Japanese fashion models make us wonder, where have all the gyaru gone?7
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”8
- Top 10 things Japanese people do that puzzle us (but we still want to hang out together)9
- What if Elsa was from some other country? 24 Hetalia variations of the Frozen queen10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20156
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives7
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin8
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam9
- Why Korean and Japanese people can’t speak English, in their own words【Video】10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map3
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby4
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】5
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”6
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines7
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing8
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】9
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】10
- Ladybeard makes music debut as lead member of pop idol trio Ladybaby (no, seriously!)
- Attack on Titan cast invades Heroic Legend of Arslan in awesome anime crossover ad
- Japan sees America’s Double Down, raises it a crazy deep-fried “sandwich” of its own
- Win the chance to have your Japan wish granted by RocketNews24!!
- High art or crime scene? More photos of passed-out salarymen 【Pics】
- Narita Airport attempts to woo international travellers with ‘Omotenashi’ welcome program
- Otaku ears-New line of earphones is designed specifically for listening to anime songs with
- Vanishing Japan: Five things to see before they disappear completely
- Japanese start-up invents faucet gadget to reduce water usage by up to 95 percent
- New Sailor Moon cafe in Tokyo has live public anime viewing and themed food and drinks
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】
- What do you eat when you catch a cold? We asked 11 of our Japanese reporters
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map