We recently brought to you the news that fast food chain Lotteria will be offering their new Tsukemen Burger (dip-in-the-sauce noodles burger) later this month. Now, they’re following with another, shall we say … unique creation. This time, it’s a gum-flavored shake, and it comes in a bright green color!
Hate tomato juice? Maybe you’ll like sparkling tomato juice.
Kagome, a Japanese manufacturer of fruit and vegetable juices, has just announced the sale of Tomash, a carbonated tomato beverage. The drink is made from a combination of tomato juice mixed with lemon and ginger ale, and believe it or not, it’s back by popular demand.
The Coca-Cola Company recently launched a branding campaign in Spain, allowing consumers to personalize a Coca-Cola can or bottle with their name on it.
The global brand has achieved numerous marketing successes over the years, so it’s no surprise that the campaign received overwhelming response in just a couple of days. In fact, this award-winning “Share a Coke” campaign has been launched in several countries including Denmark, Australia, France and the UK, so some of you lucky people out there might already own one of those shiny red cans with your name on it. Nothing new, you might think, but there is a little twist behind the scenes this time.
Dec 29, 2012
Ttongsul, or “feces wine”, is a traditional Korean beverage made from soaking human feces and medicinal herbs in soju alcohol for three to four months until it ferments.
Regular readers of our site may know that we managed to acquire two bottles of ttongsul earlier this year. This may have been a bit too much. While ttongsul doesn’t necessarily taste bad, it’s still poo and you don’t really feel inclined to knock it back like your nightly glass of scotch.
So here we are with several liters of feces wine that no one in the office wants to drink, the problem being that everyone knows what the stuff is made from. What does RocketNews24 do? Find five cute Japanese girls who have never heard of ttongsul, have them drink it for us, and then tell them there’s human feces in it after, or course!
As reported last week, RocketNews24 recently brought back two bottles of Ttongsul, or “feces wine,” from South Korea.
After running the story on our Japanese site, we received a fair bit of criticism from our Korean readers, who insisted that Ttongsul no longer existed in the country and this is just something Japan contrived to smear “mud” on Korea’s good name.
Getting our hands on the beverage was certainly no easy task, and we can tell you for certain that you won’t find bottles of it being sold on the shelves of Korean supermarkets. We imagine most Koreans today have never laid eyes nor lips on the beverage, nor would they want to.
Yet, believe it or not, here we are with two bottles of feces wine and only one thing left to do: serve a glass to the cutest girl in our office.
Nov 9, 2012
Ttongsul, or “feces wine”, is a Korean drink made by pouring soju, a distilled grain alcohol, into a pit filled with chicken, dog, or human feces, and leaving the mixture in the pit for three to four months until it ferments. It is then extracted from the pit and drank straight, with the belief that it can cure illness and help in the aid of bone fractures.
It sounds like the stuff of urban legends, but Ttongsul is indeed a real beverage that, while by no means popular, can still be found if you know where to look.
How can we be sure? After nearly six months of extensive research, RocketNews24 was able to track down a private Ttongsul vendor in South Korea and procure a bottle of the elusive feces wine ourselves.
- Man questioned by police after building “girl” out of plastic bottles, taking her out on a date1
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”2
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break3
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide4
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman5
- Making a “fart cannon” is simple and cheap, says Japanese comedy site6
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!7
- J-Pop group Tokio suspected in the sudden construction of a super-long noodle slide8
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker9
- Chinese bus gets lined with artificial turf for World Cup, may never go back10
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- This man’s face left Chinese internet users in amazement, agony and confusion 【Photos】3
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.4
- Emotional anime short celebrates Tokyo Station’s 100th birthday【Video】5
- Internet reacts to Taiwanese yoga instructor’s wildly unnecessary opening pitch striptease6
- More than one way to skin a cat? Japanese YouTuber shows how to “open” a cat with belly rubs7
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman8
- Is Attack on Titan a documentary? Mikasa spotted in Russia!9
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- 16 photos that show why Singapore has the world’s best airline6
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Making a “fart cannon” is simple and cheap, says Japanese comedy site
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!
- J-Pop group Tokio suspected in the sudden construction of a super-long noodle slide
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Chinese bus gets lined with artificial turf for World Cup, may never go back
- Our take on Studio Ghibli’s newest anime, When Marnie Was There【Impressions】
- Touching Final Fantasy X cover on the violin takes you “To Zanarkand”【Video】
- Grandpa makes Totoro for grandkids after move
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex
- Crepe made with Kyoto sweets and green tea is the perfect treat after a day of temple hopping
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Fashion advice – Almost half of Japanese women say they don’t like guys wearing tank tops