And now, due to popular demand, we have the taste test you’ve all been waiting for: the King’s Dog from Burger King. Ever since news of the hot dog offering from the fast food burger chain was released, we’d been anticipating its arrival. Boasting an extra-large sausage 2.5 times the thickness of a regular Burger King hot dog, we bought one of each to really see how the King’s Dog weighs up.
Hot on the heels of McDonald’s Japan’s announcement of its spring-themed Sakura Teriyaki Burger, Burger King Japan has just revealed a new product of its own, and it looks to be quite the mouthful. This, ladies and gentlemen of the cholesterol-loving world, is the King’s Dog (and yes, that’s “dog” without an “n”, boys at the back), which packs in roughly five times the meaty goodness of a regular Burger King hot dog.
- Casey Baseel
Jan 29, 2014
Even as someone who can always appreciate a tasty hamburger, there’s a quandary I face whenever I go out to satisfy my beef-based sandwich needs. Your standard burger gives you plenty of protein from the meat, some nice carbs from the bread, and even a scattering of veggies between the buns, but it’s hard to get your fruit fix at a burger emporium.
Or, more accurately, it was, until Burger King Japan started offering two hamburgers with slices of grilled apple. We traveled to one of Burger King’s branches in Yokohama to try both on the day of their release, but they weren’t the only discoveries waiting for us. So come along with us as we present the ABCs (apples, booze, and couches) that make Burger King different in Japan.
【Thursday Throwback】We order a Whopper with 1,050 bacon strips, Struggle to level comically huge burger
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Nov 22, 2013
Thursday Throwback is your peek into the archives of RocketNews24. We’d hate for you to miss any of the quality quirky news from Asia and Japan just because you recently stumbled on our site. And if you’re a devout RN24 reader, thank you for your continued readership! Enjoy this blast from the past!
(Originally posted on April 19, 2012 by Steven)
Well that didn’t take long. Just yesterday we shared the story of how our own Mr. Sato capitalized on Burger King Japan’s current 15 bacon strips for 100 yen (US $1.20) promotion by ordering a Whopper with 105 bacon strips. While Mr. Sato managed to finish the burger, he didn’t seem to be in the best shape afterwards, falling into a meat-induced coma and then suddenly breaking out of it only to run out of the room with his hand covering his mouth.
Surely we thought Mr. Sato had finally learned his lesson that consuming stacks of bacon is a task better left to professionals. So imagine our surprise when he came in the office holding a plastic bag sagging under the weight of a 1,050 bacon strip Whopper.
Burger King is bringing on the bizarre burgers once again with their new “Kuro Ninja,” a burger with a black bun and long, thick strip of bacon protruding out of one side. We’re not sure if ninjas ever stuck their tongues out at their enemies, but if they did and they were somehow magically transformed into a burger, this is what they’d look like.
Wish you could just stuff your face with burgers until you explode? So do we. That’s why you’ll find our staff down at Burger King on August 30 enjoying the all-you-can-eat Burger King feast that will be going on for one day only.
- Preston Phro
Aug 4, 2013
You’d think people would have gotten the hint after the ice cream freezer diver got himself fired and his local Lawson convenience store shut down. But some people just need to learn their lessons the hard way.
After all, it wouldn’t be a wasted youth if you didn’t waste it, right? And, you have to admit, experience is the best teacher! (Don’t tell Ms. Yamaguchi we said that!)
So, just what is this Burger King employee taking a dive into?
- Master Blaster
Jul 19, 2013
We’re still searching for that perfect way to survive summer, whether it be by eating cow tongue ice cream or tossing water onto the street. However, Burger King claims they have the answer we’ve all been looking for: grilled meat, fried garlic, and lots of both.
Starting on 26 July they will be releasing two sandwiches as part of their Summer Stamina series dubbed the Garlic Meat Monster and Garlic Double Cheese.
Burger King is celebrating its sixth year in Japan with a month of half price specials! From now to July 7, Burger King stores across Japan will be taking part in the campaign, with four of their popular products receiving a 50 percent price cut.
Word has been swirling in the weeks leading up to the release of Burger King’s “anime viewing hamburger” which, as its name suggests, is a burger designed to be enjoyed while watching anime. Watching anime certainly would be an ideal snacking time, so the concept seems solid, but how is it really?
Our fast food specialist Kuzo went to investigate. Here is his report.
- Philip Kendall
Mar 8, 2013
We’ve never been ones to shy away from fast food challenges, and today is no exception. Today may well be Friday to the rest of you, but for the RocketNews24 team, and especially our champion eating machine Mr. Sato, today was and will forever remain the day that we took on the challenge of the 100 slice onion tower.
Well Japan, you had a good run.
For decades your people have boasted the longest life expectancy in the world, but it looks like American fast food chain Burger King won’t rest until you start dropping a few ranks with some good ‘ol American heart attacks. We saw it first with the “15 strips of bacon for a buck” deal earlier this year—and you know how that ended.
Now Burger King is pulling out the stops with their boldest health-destroying promotion yet: an all-you-can-ear hamburger buffet.
- Master Blaster
Sep 22, 2012
Burger King is currently celebrating their 5th year in Japan. But in an already saturated fast food market the famous American chain is a little late to the game.
So, in an effort to truly stand out from the crowd, Burger King Japan has designed fast food’s first black hamburger. Dubbed the Kuro Burger (lit. Black Burger), it will go on sale for a limited time starting 28 September.
A few months have passed since our resident reporter Mr. Sato consumed a Whopper loaded with 1050 strips of bacon. Now the smell of bacon grease has finally faded from the office and Mr. Sato seems to have learned his lesson after spending countless hours curled up in the fetal position, praying his arteries would hold out another day.
At least, that’s what we thought until he walked into the office the other day carrying a Whopper with 1000 slices of cheese in his hands.
Well that didn’t take long.
Just yesterday we shared the story of how our own Mr. Sato capitalized on Burger King Japan’s current 15 bacon strips for 100 yen (US $1.20) promotion by ordering a Whopper with 105 bacon strips.
While Mr. Sato managed to finish the burger, he didn’t seem to be in the best shape afterwards, falling into a meat-induced coma and then suddenly breaking out of it only to run out of the room with his hand covering his mouth.
Surely, we thought, Mr. Sato has finally learned his lesson; that consuming stacks of bacon is a task better left to professionals.
So imagine our surprise when he came in the office holding a plastic bag sagging under the weight of a 1050 bacon strip Whopper.
Apr 18, 2012
Burger King Japan recently launched a promotion giving customers the option to add 15 pieces of bacon to their Whopper for a measly 100 yen (US $1.20).
That’s 500% more bacon for your buck (it’s usually 60 yen for 3 strips). It’s almost as if Burger King is operating under some CIA plot to undermine Japanese longevity by poisoning us with copious amount of cheap junk food.
Well we accept your challenge, America! In fact, we even raised the stakes to make things interesting, sending resident reporter/guinea pig Mr. Sato to eat a Whopper loaded with not 15 but 105 strips of bacon.
A few years back, Burger King joined the ranks of those fast food chains trying to present a “healthier” image of themselves by offering Apple Fries, apples slices cut to look like french fries in their kids meals.
Now, Burger King has gone back to the orchard to pick a fresh new idea for its Japanese customers: the BK RiNGO.
Feb 21, 2012
Well, you’re right.
It’s our policy here at RocketNews24 to leave no hamburger un-tasted, no chain un-visited and, where there is the opportunity, enlighten the masses to unorthodox and innovative ways to enjoy their favorite fast food meal.
Most recently, when we learned that Burger King lets you stack on as many hamburger patties as you have the stomach to support, we decided to test the claim by ordering a Double Whopper with 10 extra patties.
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life4
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”5
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place6
- Tear-jerker: Brain tumor patient’s “final wish” is to find her husband a new girlfriend7
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together8
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan9
- Classic Japanese painting “Picture Scroll of a Fart Battle” is exactly what it sounds like10
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it4
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated5
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong6
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends7
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love8
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together9
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for4
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly5
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival6
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour7
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】8
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong9
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place
- Tear-jerker: Brain tumor patient’s “final wish” is to find her husband a new girlfriend
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan
- Classic Japanese painting “Picture Scroll of a Fart Battle” is exactly what it sounds like
- Two months is a lifetime: Cancer-stricken 22-year-old gets married in the hospital
- Tokyo custom hamburger steak restaurant is all about choices, and all of them are delicious
- Those freaky Hello Kitty contact lenses are back, and this time she brought friends!
- The Whimsy Bomb! College Humor splices Studio Ghibli movies with other popular anime series
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends
- REVIEW: Sony’s new tablet is thinner and lighter than the iPad Air, and Android fans will love it