When was the last time you spent 100 yen (US$.98) on breakfast and felt satisfied? Sure, your dollar menu Sausage McMuffin tasted good, but after hitting your stomach like a greasy, calorie-laden brick, did it really keep you going until lunch? I thought not. Prepare to be jealous (and perhaps say “OC desu!“) of the following parade of filling breakfasts purchased at Japanese university dining halls, each for an unbelievable 100 yen.
- Krista Rogers
Jun 5, 2014
Gotta find ‘em all! should be the catchphrase for the campaign attached to the new The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya animated video. Even though it’s the first new Haruhi animation in four years, its creators aren’t just screening it for free–they’re making fans actually work to see it! That said, the campaign is actually more like a treasure hunt than anything else. Introducing “Haruhi Hunting,” in which the residents of Japan must work together to unlock the new promotional video.
Do YOU have what takes to find all 707 missing frames of the animation?
The snow in Japan may be starting to melt (unless you live in Hokkaido), but that doesn’t mean the snowmen have to go away. Thanks to Megmilk Snow Brand Company, you’ll be greeted by a chilly friend every morning with their limited edition snow mug campaign.
It’s the time of the year when shops and online retailers switch to full battle mode, rolling out Christmas promotions and year-end sales to attract customers, showering shoppers with free gifts and lucky dips that tease a chance of winning luxurious prizes such as cars and getaway vacations. This is all great, but a game otaku who spends most of his free time in a virtual world might not care much for a shiny new car…
Now, popular Taiwanese online game, Nu Shen Lian Meng (League of Angels), ups the ante with a chance to win a candlelit dinner date with three of the six lovely real-life “angels” pictured above! More photos of the campaign babes after the jump!
McDonald’s Japan has just announced their newest campaign: any carbonated beverage of any size for 100 yen (US$1).
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Mar 26, 2013
Sometimes the hustle and bustle of big city life in Tokyo makes you forget your manners. Women who don’t have enough time in the morning apply makeup on bumpy train rides, people doze off on the shoulder of their neighboring passenger, and the occasional man will clip his finger nails. With most people commuting by train and working very long hours, sometimes there’s no time to do things at home. And sometimes, you’re just so tired and stressed that you don’t care that you are behaving badly.
As a result, back in 2008, the Tokyo Metro system launched a three-year-long campaign aimed at reminding subway passengers to mind their manners while riding the trains. It featured the slogan “Please do it at home” or “Please do it again” alongside an illustration of the featured manner or rule. All posters are written in Japanese and English, some featuring hilariously outrageous and sometimes confusing activities that make you wonder, “Do people actually do that on a train?!”. For your viewing pleasure, may we present to you a compilation of these entertaining posters.
Like gyūdon beef bowls? Love Nintendo’s pink vacuum-mouthed mascot Kirby? Then you’d better head down to your nearest Sukiya restaurant quick and pick up one of these adorable little windup walking models!
Is there no end to the Golden Arches’ generosity?
Just as the restaurant’s french fry offer comes to an end– but not before some teenagers took full advantage– McDonald’s Japan has announced that it’s about to give away free hamburgers.
That’s right- even to degenerates like you and me!
Full details after the jump>>>
Hot on the heels of its free hamburger campaign, mind-bogglingly successful hamburger chain McDonald’s Japan has just announced a new offer that’s sure to be a big hit with all you early-morning sleepy-heads: free coffee for all.
Wishing to celebrate the fact that autumn/fall/aki has finally arrived in Japan and we’re now able to enjoy a cup of hot coffee without breaking into a sweat after the first sip, the fast food giant is offering customers a completely free cup of coffee every day next week.
- Basement Jaxx’s bizarre Japan-based music video freaks us out, makes us want to dance1
- “I know how it’s done!”: Japanese TV guest learns what not to say to a magician on live TV【Video】2
- No, a bridge didn’t collapse – Tokyo’s crazy Hakozaki highway junction really looks like this3
- Japanese adult video star’s dramatic plastic surgery sets internet abuzz4
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】5
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】6
- Japanese deodorant sheets for ladies smell so nice some guys don’t need the actual girl7
- Want a bit of One Piece magic? This real-looking Devil Fruit is sure to set the right mood!8
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】9
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!10
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis6
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?7
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker8
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!9
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】
- Japanese deodorant sheets for ladies smell so nice some guys don’t need the actual girl
- Want a bit of One Piece magic? This real-looking Devil Fruit is sure to set the right mood!
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Live-action Attack on Titan confirmed for 2 films
- Chinese man pulls off best Cthulhu impersonation ever with live snakes in his sinuses
- Chinese man leaps to his death during five-hour shopping trip with girlfriend
- Some flights are more cramped than others – 29 sumo wrestlers pack into one tiny plane
- We go octopus hunting, learn how to turn octopus heads inside-out
- Not so fun in the sun – Cases of heatstroke hit a year-high last week in Japan
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan
- That awkward moment when your phone rings on live TV… and then you make it worse 【Video】