Do you like cute kitties? Do you like chopping things up? Of course you do! And now you can combine both of those passions (in a nice way!) at the same time with this adorable laser-cut stainless steel kitty knife. It’s just purrfect for all your culinary needs, especially if you’re of the opinion that even the most mundane of tasks can be rendered instantly more enjoyable with the inclusion of a little touch of cuteness.
Scott R Dixon
Mar 9, 2015
Despite prices going up again, Tokyo Disneyland still is one of the happiest places on earth where you can meet all of your favorite characters, ride those amazing rides and of course, experience that legendary Disney hospitality. Last week, a Japanese twitter user even spotted one of the cast members (as park employees are called) extending the Disney treatment to a cat who had apparently lost its way.
Japanese netizens could barely hold in their glee at seeing this lost cat being treated so well. Click below to see what the cast member did to get netizens squealing with glee!
Mar 9, 2015
It’s Monday morning–the sky is overcast and a chilly rain is falling. You somehow manage to drag yourself out of bed, but now you just need that little motivational push to be able to tackle the new week head-on. So allow us to introduce you to this kitty, whose adorable antics playing with a car’s windshield wipers are sure to tickle your heart when everything else about Monday morning can’t!
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives as they provide us with companionship that can’t be compared. People will try to do pretty much everything with their pets: walk, talk, bathe, cook (not like that!), the list just goes on and on! If you’ve never seen a pet cooking then let us remind you of YouTube veteran Francis, who hosts the cooking show “Cooking with Dog”.
Perhaps this show has inspired this kitten to start up her own cooking venture. They might want to work out a few tiny details first, but for now let’s introduce Meow, the cooking kitten sensation!
Because the internet just can’t get enough of cats doing things – and neither can we – here is another cat video that has taken the Japanese internet by storm. In short, it’s a video of a pair of cats, one ‘doing things’ and the other ‘doing nothing’. Who knew it could be that adorable? This is indeed the Neko Power at its best!
On the Internet, there is little that people can agree on. From politics to the current state of anime, commenters can be relied on to pull out the metaphorical daggers over the sight of a dissenting opinion. That is with one magnificent exception: Cats! Cute and cuddly, it’s almost impossible to find something wrong with cats.
Okay, that’s not entirely true, but you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone kvetching about this indecisive kitty, except its slave…sorry, owner!
Jan 30, 2015
Jan 29, 2015
Even in the era of having the sum of human knowledge to date in your pocket, there’s something to be said about using a sweet novelty clock. If you’re in Japan, you have lots of options. There’s Zelda clocks, beautiful-women clocks, clocks that come for free in magazines. But that’s just scraping the surface, because apparently there’s such a thing as bread clocks too.
One Twitter user recently posted that he’d been having problems with his bread clock constantly telling the wrong time – until he found out the reason why. And no, it’s not because the clock is a piece of bread – the real reason is far more adorable than that.
Jan 28, 2015
If you’ve been spending an inordinate amount of time on the internet over the past few years (haha, who are we kidding, of course you have), then you’ll probably be familiar with the trend of balancing stuff on your pets. It’s practically an old meme now, but for some reason it seems to be having a revival on Twitter in Japan. Two doting pet owners tweeted some choice snaps of their fuzzy buddies practically buried under a mountain of… stuff, and it’s totally squee-worthy! Join us after the jump for some very unamused but amusing pets!
Plastic modelers revel in the realism; they build their models and then painstakingly paint and alter them to look like the real thing in miniature scale. It takes a keen eye to blend just the right kinds of paint to achieve that dinged up metal look of a vehicle that’s been through real combat. And the right accessories will transform plastic toys into a scene of army veterans hard at work.
Model kits like to include little extras like shelves, tools and other related things you would expect to find. But sometimes the kits include an extra that seems so out-of-place that you call up the company to figure out if they made some sort of mistake. You’ll never guess what was included in this plastic model kit for a German ammo-loading crew from Tamiya. The answer is going to be meowtastic.
Three things about cats that everyone knows: they are super cute, incredibly contrary, and love to play League of Legends.
Er… Nope, we didn’t know about that last one either! But as this video of a kitty in South Korea fighting with his owner for screen time shows us, there may be (adorable) downsides to cat ownership we’d never even considered. It turns out, some cats love touchscreen games as much as humans do!
Jan 13, 2015
What could be a better way to stave off boredom the cold than by dressing your kitty up with a regal lion-like mane?
That’s exactly how Japanese Twitter users have been entertaining themselves this past week–only the “mane” is actually made from the fluffy material of a boot covering purchased at one of Japan’s favorite 100 yen stores, Daiso. Whether the cats themselves are amused or not is a different story…
Jan 5, 2015
Happy Monday, dear RocketNews24 readers! Here in Japan it’s been an especially gloomy Monday as it’s the first day back to work after the all too short New Year’s break. But there’s nothing like taking a sneaky peek at a few cute cat pictures on your phone during the morning meeting or lecture to get you feeling a little less blue, so here you go.
This snow-white kitty is cute enough as it is, but what does he do when his owner flips the switch on the heated rug beneath him?
Pets are expensive to feed and keep, which is why it’s important to make sure you’re financially able to support a little furry life for the next 10-15 years before making the decision to adopt an animal.
Sometimes, though, life throws you financial curve balls, and you may find yourself struggling to cover the cost of kitty’s food and litter. Today, we’d like to share with you the funny yet kinda sad tale of a kitty-owner whose struggle to make ends meet led to their furry little pal making a drastic suggestion of self-sacrifice (although, it’s a cat, so we’re pretty sure it was being sarcastic…)
The internet can never get enough of cats can it? One cat in Japan has gone viral among netizens after its owner shared its little daily routine on Twitter. Can you guess what it’s trying to do?
Winter has been homing in hard and fast this year, hasn’t it? Two weeks ago a massive snowstorm invaded America, and a cold wave has been sinking into Japan this week, already causing unexpected snowfall two months early in certain parts of the country. It feels almost as if Elsa is throwing a fit because Baymax has been getting more attention lately.
In such unpredictable freezing temperatures, it’s best to stay at home with the heater on so you’ll be warm and dry. All the better if you have a huggable, furry pet at home who wouldn’t mind cuddling up with you. Keep an eye on your pets when you’re using a heater though, or else they might end up like this unfortunate feline who got a pair of charred “wings” on its back!
They say a dog is man’s best friend. But if these pictures are anything to go by, Spider-Man’s best friend is a cat.
Not only does this 1/6 scale Spider-Man come with a puffer vest, he’s also the perfect size to take all kinds of adorable pictures. Join us after the jump for Spider-Man hanging out with pets; tucked up in a cat bed; and showing what an awesome dad he is.
We love a good rescue story, especially when it involves cute kitties! Find out who this rescuer is and why the kitten found himself stuck in a ditch after the jump!
Nov 26, 2014
Every cat owner has, at one time or another, experienced the soul-crushing disappointment that comes from giving your cat a thoughtful gift, only to have them throw it back in your face in favor of a paper ball or a plain old cardboard box. It’s almost as if cats the world over are in on some sort of conspiracy designed to make their owners feel inadequate. And that’s exactly what happened to “kitty blogger” Udama when they attempted to create a cosy, cat-sized kotatsu to delight their feline family members. As our pictures show, the experiment didn’t exactly go according to plan…
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- Must try harder: This crane game in Japan is laughably bad 【Video】2
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”3
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll4
- We love wagyu! We spend an evening learning about (and eating) Japanese beef5
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives6
- Five simple ways to take your curry rice to the next level7
- J-pop unit Perfume’s innovative projection mapping at US performance creates worldwide buzz8
- The latest pet fashion trend in Japan: The scrunchie collar【Photos】9
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife10
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines1
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives2
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map3
- Which do you like? Twitter asks if you prefer girls naughty on the inside or outside4
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】5
- Teen whose Frozen chalkboard art went viral gets an art commission before a high school diploma6
- Thai celebrity posts video ranting about Chinese tourists turning orderly line into free-for-all7
- Buyer’s remorse? Not if you’ve got confidence like this girl8
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them9
- Public reacts in horror as poster in Shinjuku Station threatens even more exits10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens6
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20157
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives8
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin9
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines6
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing7
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】8
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】9
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones10
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives
- Five simple ways to take your curry rice to the next level
- J-pop unit Perfume’s innovative projection mapping at US performance creates worldwide buzz
- The latest pet fashion trend in Japan: The scrunchie collar【Photos】
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife
- How do deep-fried frog burgers taste? We find out at Yokohama cafe 【Taste test】
- Tokyo chain puts french fries on soba noodles, proves dreams really can come true
- Awesome new electric motorcycle looks like something out of “Akira”‘s Neo Tokyo
- Japan government hard at work trying to prevent Shibuya Ward approving same-sex marriages
- Breaking: An increasing number of cats sitting weirdly
- A new yuru-kyara from Kyoto you have to see to believe
- How washing your itasha makes it look more dirty than clean
- Ever tried to catch pudding in your mouth after it’s dropped from a fourth-floor balcony? 【Video】