Ah, whack-a-mole, that fun childhood arcade game where the only goal is to smash all the moles back down into their holes. No one ever felt sorry for the little plastic rodents, but what if they were actual kitties? Take a look at this video featuring kittens in their own version of the classic game. (Don’t worry, no kitties were whacked in the making of this video!)
From Hello Kitty to the ubiquitous cat cafes, it’s no secret to our readers that Japan loves cats. Despite their tendency to view us humans as their own personal servants, we can’t seem to get enough of their fluffy cuteness and sometimes ridiculous antics. Whenever you need to smile, a silly cat video will usually do the trick.
So why not repay your cat by ensuring its healthy lifestyle? For starters, you can reevaluate your cat’s diet by checking out this list we’ve compiled of five at-a-glance foods that you should never feed to your pet. Maybe your kitty will thank you for your concern with even more purring and nuzzles (and no dead mice!).
- KK Miller
Apr 8, 2014
We all know Maru. We love him, watch his videos on YouTube and then wonder how we can make our own animals as amazing as he is. This time around, Maru and his companion Hana find themselves with a new box. The newest challenger is long and rectangular with a perfect circle cut out of one end. What will happen next?!?!?! Drum roll please!!!!
Cute, loveable, selfish, or cold-hearted, whatever you think of cats, they’re nothing but entertaining, and this little fella is no exception. Taken from what must have been hours of footage captured by its owners, these videos show one particular cat’s penchant for newspapers, plastic, bags and even plants – anything that springs back when he hits it – as he sits and paws, and paws, and paws away, never seeming to get tired.
Gua-Gua the cat loves it some cardboard. So its owner, Weibo user toshiya86 had a special treat in store for his birthday. She designed a series of cardboard cutouts that it could stick its head through transforming Gua-Gua into some of anime’s greatest characters. Even if you’re not into anime you can definitely still appreciate these cute pictures.
Cats are always sticking their noses…and heads and butts and, well, their whole bodies where they just don’t belong. Working on an important business report? Cat on the keyboard! Trying to cook? Cat face in your mixing bowl! Strange noises in your closet freaking you out at night? Cat doing…something in there. We still have no idea what.
While we all love a cute kitty, it’s impossible to avoid the fact that they simply have an innate desire to get in the way or into just about everything. One Japanese Twitter user learned this the funny way when his cat just…disappeared!
It’s a common sight to see hot dog stands in America. In Singapore, ice cream stands are a lifesaver in the sweltering hot weather. In Japan, however, you’re more likely to find a yaki-imo (roasted sweet potato) stand on the streets, especially during winter. If you’re lucky enough, you might even meet the legendary cat that sells stone roasted sweet potatoes in Kurayoshi City, Tottori Prefecture!
I’m not even a cat person, but all of the lovable feline photos and videos on the internet are making a pretty convincing case for cat superiority, at least when it comes to cuteness. But sometimes those little fluff balls are so busy being adorable that they don’t see the big picture. Like this little cutie who doesn’t even realize he’s in water…
You may have seen plenty of cat pictures here on RocketNews24, and you may have seen a truckload of dog pictures as well, but we rarely see these two animals within the same frame. We’re pretty sure some of you have a preference for one over the other, but today, a pair of paw pals are granting us the best of both worlds!
Meet Kikuchiyo the Shiba Inu and her feline friend, Torajiro!
- Philip Kendall
Mar 5, 2014
All this time, we thought cats knew exactly what they were doing; that they were the calm little centres of the world and were not swayed by puerile whims or emotions. But as this video – which sees one cat sitting atop what appears to be an air purifier, batting and grabbing at nothing for over a full minute – shows, they’re just as clueless as the rest of us.
- Fran Wrigley
Feb 26, 2014
With an estimated 50 percent of unsolicited mail being thrown away without even being opened, one advertising agency has come up with an original idea: send the mail to cats, instead of their owners!
As you might expect, the product being advertised is cat-related! When Canadian company Bulk Cat Litter Warehouse approached ad agency Rethink Communications for a direct flyer, they came up with this clever mailout that your kitty will adore!
Annual Cat Day may be over, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop celebrating all things feline, does it? That’s right, as fond as we are of cats, we don’t really need a reason to express our affection for our feline friends, and in that spirit, some of the lovely reporters at our sister site Pouch decided to get together and come up with a list of the best cat-themed alcoholic drinks around. Cats and alcohol, now that sounds like a dangerously attractive combination!
To get their hands on some of the fun and tasty cat-themed drinks out there, our reporters used the services of major Japanese online liquor distributor Kakuyasu. Let’s see what their top five pics were.
- Preston Phro
Feb 23, 2014
There’s a long-lived stereotype that cats love to eat fish–particularly the fish we like to keep in bowls in our homes. For a house kitty, a fish bowl is like having an ice cream truck in your living room–but never having the change to get a cone.
Of course, no one wants their pets–furry or scaly–to get eaten! But keeping a house full of cats entertained is a tall order…and whipping a laser pointer around the living room might turn it into a disaster zone. Fortunately, one cat gentleman has found a way to keep a room of cats both docile and engaged: Letting a mechanical toy fish swim circles in the bathtub!
But just how well do you think that’s going to work out for all the munchkin kitties gathered to watch?
- Philip Kendall
Feb 10, 2014
After bringing you photos of stunning sculptures at this year’s Sapporo Snow Festival, awesome amateur creations spotted in Tokyo, and possibly this winter’s most grotesque snow monster, we thought we’d seen more than enough of the white stuff for one year and were happy to see it melt away and Tokyo get back to normal. But then this epic creation appeared online and we just had to share it with you. Say hello to the bicycle-stealing badass that is the snownyan!
- Master Blaster
Feb 10, 2014
From now until 31 March you can get your hands on a Kuro Neko No Te (Black Cat Paw) pastry at a bakery in the Hotel New Hankyu Osaka. This is the second installation of the Neko No Te (Cat Paw) series of delectable pastries that started last year to celebrate the hotel’s 50th anniversary.
Were you starting to think, “RocketNews24 hasn’t been posting cat pictures recently”? We hear you! Here’s a cat that has been rated too cute for sanity. Are you ready to lose some marbles?
We’re pretty sure many of you would agree that a haircut can make or break your overall image. If you’ve been through disastrous haircut experiences that left you seething in hate and wanting to strangle your hairdresser, you’ll probably be able to empathize with these furry buddies who went through an epic FML moment.
But to be honest, some of them actually look pretty cool!
- Krista Rogers
Jan 29, 2014
Have you ever wondered what your pet would say to you if it could talk? What kinds of things would you want to ask it in return? One Japanese woman claims that she encountered a cat that could talk around the time when she first started working as a veterinarian. This cat shared many things with her that changed her whole outlook of the profession and view of animals. The vet recently decided to share her profound experience with the rest of the world on an online forum. Whether you believe her words or not, this introspective story is sure to touch your heart. Keep reading to decide for yourself.
Meet Leo-chan, an American shorthair cat living in Japan who is a master at being both annoying and adorable at the same time. Check out this video of her adorable poses as she begs for food.
Okay, who gave this cat coffee!?
Watch this short video to get your daily cat fix and start your week off on a (caffeine?) high – it’s sure to bring a smile to your face and dazzle your feeble human eyes.
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- Justin Bieber’s Yasukuni Shrine visit draws scorn from Asian fans2
- Japanese adult video star’s dramatic plastic surgery sets internet abuzz3
- 17 mouthwatering photos from the legendary sushi restaurant where Obama just ate dinner4
- All-in-one bed is perfect for you, you lazy bum (Also, why don’t you get a job?)5
- Does Avril Lavigne’s Tokyo music video really have anything to do with Japan?6
- Whack-a-Kitty: Now with real kittens【Video】7
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”8
- Microsoft’s cringeworthy new Surface ad makes Japan squirm in unison9
- CATable promises to get the cat off your laptop and into the desk10
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- 17 mouthwatering photos from the legendary sushi restaurant where Obama just ate dinner5
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love6
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan7
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together8
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly9
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival2
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos3
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour7
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit8
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong9
- Take your love of touching imitation breasts out on the go with Puni Puni Case For iPhone10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)8
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans9
- “Those are her GRANDCHILDREN?!” Youthful 42-year-old grandmother astounds Chinese netizens10
- Does Avril Lavigne’s Tokyo music video really have anything to do with Japan?
- Whack-a-Kitty: Now with real kittens【Video】
- What do Japanese people think of when they hear the word “otaku?”
- Microsoft’s cringeworthy new Surface ad makes Japan squirm in unison
- CATable promises to get the cat off your laptop and into the desk
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan
- With the stuffed characters of the Moomin Café, you’ll never dine alone!
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit
- First-of-its-kind towel is totally worth its 5,000 yen price, customers say
- Konsei Matsuri: The giant penis riding festival in Iwate
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life
- Greenpeace tells Obama to make ‘more responsible’ food choices after meal at restaurant that serves endangered sushi