Cats have been trying to shove themselves into boxes two sizes too small even before YouTube and filming your pet’s every waking moment became a thing. Maru, Japan’s most popular and arguably cutest cat, has made a name for himself by adopting the “If it fits, I sits” philosophy. His latest video, titled “-Plastic box and Maru.-” offers us a clear view of exactly how this sleepy Scottish Fold crams himself into the tiniest of spaces.
Oct 7, 2014
If you’re one of the millions of ‘hoomins’ around the world who repeatedly fall prey to their cat’s ridiculous yet adorable antics and spend hours of your life reading kitty news or watching cat videos on YouTube, you’re probably the type who is willing to forgive your feline friend if it has a grumpy day every now and then. But what should you do when you receive an unfortunate scratch/wound/battle scar from the object of your devotion? We say you should advertise it to the world with one of these brand-new band-aids designed specifically for cat scratches!
This Monday is being made all the harder for Japanese folk with the buffeting of Typhoon Phanfone, so here’s a little something to warm you up, wherever you are.
Oct 6, 2014
Banye is an 11-year-old British Shorthair from China. Eleven is getting up there for a cat, and in those years he’s been asked “Oh my god! What is it?!” far too many times.
You see, Banye has an affliction that affects an estimated one in every 70,000 cats. It’s called emoticontism and the disorder presents itself as an arrangement of dark fur typically just below the mouth. As a result the feline must go through life constantly looking surprised much like variations of this emoticon (゜д゜).
As adorable as cats are, they’re aren’t exactly known for their patience in suffering the presence of fools–especially when said fools try stealing even a tiny bit of their napping space. Even if it’s a cat’s housemate and best friend, sharing is simply out of the question! And that’s when the claws and teeth come out.
And that’s exactly how this video of the greatest kitty rumble you’ve ever seen starts–though the ending is more Disney than Expendables 3.
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Sep 27, 2014
This photo of a beautiful blue-eyed cat makes us realize that good things don’t always come in fancy packages…and sometimes the package is actually the best gift. But isn’t that always the case when it comes to cats? No matter how many fancy toys and luxury cat trees you buy them, they always seem to prefer the things they already have…including the sofa, curtains, and chairs.
Sep 24, 2014
Meet μ [the Greek letter mu], a four-year-old Scottish Fold female cat who enjoys all the typical feline hobbies of catnapping, meowing for treats, coughing up hairballs, and sitting down on your laptop while you’re trying to work. But μ has another hobby which is a bit more, shall we say, atypical in nature. Like many human children (and adults!), μ likes nothing better than to cuddle up with her favorite pink stuffed animal when she falls asleep!
When it comes to science fiction technology made real, 3-D printing is one of the most exciting. While we might all say we wish we had jet packs, the fact is that 3-D printing had 96.6 percent fewer leg burn injuries in a direct comparison that we just made up and is totally not real. But putting fake statistics aside, 3-D printing not only enables for cheap, efficient manufacturing, it also allows us to make figures out of nearly anything we want with little more than photos and some software.
And to prove it, Ima Topic and DMM.make, the web-based 3-D printing division of web-retailer/video-on-demand company DMM, are offering what can only be described as a horribly awesome campaign: A chance to win a figure of Setsu, the gorgeous, blue-eyed house cat who looks like roadkill when she sleeps. This is one contest you will almost certainly regret winning!
It’s no secret that cats love tight spaces. From Maru squeezing into boxes to cats hanging out in vents, the only thing our feline friends love more than a saucer of milk is squeezing into just about anything. We don’t know exactly why, but we sure love to watch them go!
Of course, squeezing into tight spaces sometimes means getting stuck, as this adorable cat learned the hard way…
Mako, also known as “the cat with the strange face,” may not be as globally recognized as Maru, but we have a feeling she’s going to start gaining a few fans after the release of her very own book of pictures and set of stationary. Mako is the star of a Japanese photoblog, but the site also includes her three brothers and sisters, all of whom are also featured on a few of these adorable products. Let’s take a closer look!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Sep 2, 2014
Sometimes a single glance says it all, and in this particular case, the startled face of this cute cat screams, “Hurry, mom!!! Something’s not right!” But what exactly has this little kitty all in a tizzy?
Hello Kitty is one of the most iconic Japanese characters, aside from Pikachu. She screams cute, finds herself in a variety of interesting costumes, and has those adorable pointed cat ears. So with a name like “Hello Kitty” and a face that is decidedly that of a feline, it’s only natural to assume she’s a cat…but you could be wrong.
Ladies and gentlemen of the RocketNews nation, get ready to have your mind blown: someone at Sanrio has just revealed that Hello Kitty is actually a human girl.
While some people escape to the beach during the sweltering days of August, others jump in front of the TV to feast their eyes on all the glorious carnage that the Discovery Channel’s annual Shark Week has to offer. And now we can add a new form of entertainment to that summer bucket list–watching cats cosplaying as sharks.
Some of you may have already seen this video of a cat dressed in a shark costume riding a Roomba floating around the internet, but don’t let that stop you from giving it another watch!
Aww, look at that cute little kitty!
No, we’re not talking about the white one comfortably sleeping on its pink polka dot blankie. We’ve got our eyes on the all-black one that shares its tail.
Good morning RocketNews24 readers! It’s time for another Monday Kickstart featuring an adorably fluffy kitty named Foo, who understands not wanting to get up in the mornings, or at any time really.
From Romeo and Juliet to Kim and Kanye, history is full of legendary power couples that inspire countless tales of romance (or a tacky Italian wedding in the latter case). And last week a new power couple emerged on the Internet when the owner of an adorable husky posted two pictures to Twitter that showed the intense adoration the dog has for a certain cat toy.
The very unconventional couple stole the hearts of Japanese netizens with the short, but moving, saga of a dog yearning to be reunited with its toy after the stuffed cat was washed and the pure agony of waiting for it to dry.
Jul 21, 2014
We all love cats–this is the ironclad law of the Internet: Love the kitties or go home! While there might be some curmudgeons who aren’t fans of LOLcats or the numerous whiskered faces that populate the pages of the Internet, you can believe that we are big fans. Nevertheless, we have to admit that we’re not impervious to cat claws–and while rubbing a kitten’s belly is a nigh-spiritual experience, we have had our share of mishaps. If only there were a way to completely and utterly subdue and “open up” a cat…
Well, there is and you can learn how in this simple and cute YouTube video! All you need is a patient cat to practice on and a free afternoon.
Jul 8, 2014
On 29 June, Nagano police were inundated with demands for an investigation after live footage broadcast over Japan’s Niconico Video showed a caged cat being left to drown in a river.
Warning: some readers may find the content of this report upsetting.
Look out below! Maru and Hana‘s owner just uploaded yet another adorable kitty video to make the internet go “awww!” This time, the furry duo is seen from below thanks to a clever camera angle and a glass top table. Watch as the two feline friends eat kitty treats, have a mini brawl, and lick their paws like there’s no tomorrow.
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】1
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads2
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men3
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors4
- Shocking, snowy commercial is the saddest ad we’ve seen this fall5
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room6
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more7
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his chubby body in a box8
- Korean cosplayer’s gender-bending costumes confuse us for a moment, then leave us mesmerized9
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】3
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts4
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy5
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men6
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid9
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked5
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his chubby body in a box
- Korean cosplayer’s gender-bending costumes confuse us for a moment, then leave us mesmerized
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?
- When a goddess speaks, you listen…unless she’s telling you to kill someone
- New app helps you translate Japanese and Chinese offline using smartphone camera
- New cafe in Harajuku serves up Pom Pom Purin-shaped cuisine, attracts fans and pop idols alike
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked
- Korea doubles down with KFC’s bunless burger, Twitter photos confirm it’s kind of gross
- Learn Japanese from YouTube: Amp up your listening skills with this four-step guide