Perhaps animals can’t talk like humans, but any animal lover would agree that their body language is as expressive as human speech. If you don’t have a pet, don’t judge us pet owners with that weird stare when we talk to our furkids. They speak to us, we swear! Just look at these cats here as shared by Chinese site Zhaizhai News–they’re asking for food! We just know it!
Japan has a number of sleeping arrangements that can be jarring if you didn’t grow up here. Sleeping in a futon on the floor, often in a space that doubles as your living room and/or kitchen, can take some getting used to. A surprisingly large number of pillows sometimes come filled with, by Western standards, unusual things such as buckwheat husks.
But you know what? Maybe we’re being too picky. As Shiro the Cat shows us, all you really need for a good night’s sleep is a cooking pot, and, if you’re looking to get really luxurious, a sweet potato.
Okay, we have another treat for our cat-loving readers! How would you like to take a cute kitty around with you everywhere you go? Well, it may not always be possible to carry around a real cat, but a certain line of embroidered shirts that has already gained a huge amount of attention on the Japanese Internet may be the next best thing.
Take a look at these absolutely adorable creations, and we’re sure you’ll understand why the shirts have created such a buzz. You’ll hardly be able to take your eyes off the cats on these shirts, so intricate and lifelike it’s almost hard to believe they’re works of embroidery, and done all by hand too!
As you can undoubtedly tell from the number of cat-related articles on our site, we’re quite fond of furry little felines here at RocketNews24. Now, while we firmly believe that “all cats are created equal and that they are endowed by their creator with certain undeniable charms”, we have to admit that a series of photos of uniquely marked cats found by a fellow reporter at our sister site Pouch was particularly delightful — so delightful, in fact, that we felt we had to introduce them here for all the cat lovers among our readers. So come in for a closer look, and get ready for a load of feline cute!
If you have a cat, you probably also have a lint roller or ten lying around. In order to avoid appearing in public with a thick veneer of crazy cat lady, you’ve got to apply that sticky tape to the furniture, the rugs, your sheets and blankets, your clothes and sometimes even your own body, but have you ever thought of just taking that roller straight to the source?
Apparently, lint rolling cats is trending in Japan at the moment, and the really surprising thing is that the cats seem to enjoy it!
Meet Roger. That’s not this cat’s real name, but we don’t know his real name. Still, you know, he just looks like a Roger, doesn’t he?
Anyway, Roger is thirsty. He’d like some water. And, hey! There’s some delicious, chilled water running right in front of him! Let’s how he does taking a sip…
Cats are always looking for a warm place to nap and they really don’t give a crap if it’s inconvenient for you or anyone else. That’s one of the things that’s awesome about them. A Twitter user recently captured one of these felines napping bold as brass in a shop window, giving not a thought to how much fur was getting in your lunch.
At the risk of becoming an online shrine to all things feline following our reporting of everything from cat sushi, Attack on Titan: cat edition and multiple posts about Japan’s own feline star, Maru, when we discovered this series of 12 photos showing the growth of a kitten as it goes from barely being able to see over the edge of the scales to struggling to fit in, we couldn’t help but share.
Strap yourselves in for some serious cute, boys and girls.
Around our house, making a mess at the table might have gotten you a harsh word at most. This feline Miss Manners is a bit stricter about table manners, though. Her dining companion drops a bit of food and is promptly punched in the face!
Cats, dogs, they’re both all kinds of cute. But when you have one of each and they live and get along together, the results can be even more adorable. One Japanese netizen recently shared a video of their pet shiba inu standing before their newest arrival, a tiny kitten called Milky, performing her “onegai” begging pose. Quite what she was begging for we have no idea, but the scene is nothing short of hilarious.
Check out the full video after the jump!
Do you like cats? Okay, that’s a silly question. This is the Internet, and everybody likes cats on the Internet! There’s probably even an Internet law about it, though we have no idea what number it is (Number Meow, perhaps?). Well, how about learning Japanese? Oh, right, this is RocketNews24! Of course you like learning Japanese!
Well, how would you like to learn a little Japanese and see some great cat pictures at the same time??
That’s what we thought! Well, you’re in luck since we have compiled some Japanese search terms to use to find cute or hilarious cat pictures and over 40 samples of the brilliant photos, just a Japanese Google search away!
You may have resisted the appeal of our future feline overlords so far, but if their internet popularity is any indication, total world domination can’t be far off. If you don’t want to be first against the wall with the dogs and dog-lovers, you may want to invest in these super-cute cat tights. As the ad copy says, put them on and you’ll “transform into a devil-may-care cat!” You’ll be able to blend right in…
I have cats. I also live next to a big park, so we do get some “wildlife” that wonders into the house now and then. I can attest to the fact that pretty much any creepy crawly that crosses our threshold ends up as a snack to one or the other of my furry friends. Usually, it’s a swift and brutal affair, but every now and then, a bug finds a place they can’t reach and drives them batty with its inaccessibility, causing them to yowl and tear around the house breaking furniture.
If that’s the chaos that can happen with just two cats, image what Twitter user @mugitoro1215 had to deal with when his seven cats all went after the same spider…
This year’s breakout anime hit Attack on Titan snuck up on a lot of people. Sure, previews for the TV series made it look like a fun adventure, but is wasn’t until sometime after it premiered that the franchise became the international success it is today, despite the comic it’s based on having been around since 2009.
Why didn’t more people, from the very beginning, realize just how much entertainment Attack on Titan has to offer? Maybe the story’s antagonists, naked giants who look like anatomy textbook illustrations, were just too repugnantly grotesque. Maybe, being creator Hajime Isayama’s first serial, the artwork on its heroes was a little too rough around the edges. How much more immediately accessible would Attack on Titan have been if they had all been replaced with a more traditionally pleasing aesthetic, like a bunch of cute cats?
Thanks to this feline-infused recreation of the show’s opening animation, now we know.
Thankfully the following images, which popped up on Japanese textboard site 2Channel earlier this week, were all produced using image sites such as PicHacks in order to create a symmetrical image from an existing photo, and are not of real-world creatures genetically engineered by nefarious scientists. Some of them will, however, most definitely be coming after you in your dreams tonight.
So come with us now as we step into the world of creepy evolutions and nightmarish creatures. And they said facial symmetry is a mark of beauty…
We’re so jealous of cats. They get virtually all of the attention on the Internet, they’re allowed to lounge around convenience stores day and night like they own the place, drinking cat wine, and generally being doted on.
Finally, though, Japan’s obsession with cats and cat paraphernalia is making it possible for us to become the cat. Behold, the hooded cat blanket from online retailer Felissimo.
About eight miles off the coast of Ozu City in Japan’s Ehime Prefecture, there lies a tiny landmass, less than a mile wide, which is completely overrun by cats! This little island is home to only 15 human residents, all of retirement age, but houses more than 100 kitties! These frisky felines have been multiplying like mad over the past 10 years or so, but only in the past couple weeks has the island caught the attention of the Internet, immediately becoming a hit tourist attraction, in spite of not having any hotels, restaurants, or even vending machines! Keep reading to see what locals and visitors alike have to say about the island’s “catty” conditions.
Cats have been working on us humans for years now, using the internet to their advantage and doing whatever it takes to look adorable. And now it seems they’ve taken a significant step towards their ultimate goal of world domination: a Japanese company has manufactured wine especially for felines.
Feeling blue? Is Monday ruining the week for you? Try a bowlful of snuggly warm kitty, cozily comfortable and soooo cute, in a ridiculously small vessel. It’s good for what ails you.
These cats should feel right at home in an average Tokyo apartment!
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director4
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong5
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】6
- How much would the world miss Japan if it suddenly disappeared?7
- Nintendo to release album of 8-bit theme songs to celebrate 30 years of NES8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】1
- Gundam creator has harsh words for manga and anime hit “Attack on Titan”2
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected3
- Japan celebrates Knee-High Socks Day【Photos】4
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer5
- Seven things that surprise Japanese people working in foreign offices6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- The top 10 baby names in Japan 20138
- Cosplay Undressed: Japan’s Newest Cosplay Trend Shows How Heroes Take Off Their Clothes9
- Video shows “mutant” crawling on the side of a building in Russia10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】2
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong3
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs4
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!5
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right6
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!7
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】
- How much would the world miss Japan if it suddenly disappeared?
- Nintendo to release album of 8-bit theme songs to celebrate 30 years of NES
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】
- Japanese drivers get a ghostly reminder about winter road safety【Video】
- “Hamsters are friends, not food!” says Japanese snake Ao-chan
- 【Thursday Throwback】We Make Oreo Rice to Celebrate Oreo’s 100th Birthday, “Tastes Like Tiramisu in Risotto Form”
- Don’t own a television? Japan’s public broadcaster doesn’t care, but still wants your money
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs
- Gundam creator has harsh words for manga and anime hit “Attack on Titan”
- How to master the elements by setting ice on fire, then eating it 【Recipe】
- Turn cleaning into a Nintendo video game with Roomba covers!