The recent announcement of Paul McCartney’s illness and subsequent cancelation of concerts in Japan has disappointed many of his fans. But hey, the guy is 71 years old and still rocking out so we all shouldn’t be too hard on him. The sudden cancellation did, however, make some netizens realize just how often this sort of thing happens when it comes to Paul’s concerts (he has a whopping 51% cancellation rate in Japan to be exact). It also reminded many Japanese concert-goers of other foreign artists who have decided to not perform at the last minute…and there’s been a lot of them recently.
You may recall that we ran an article about two months ago featuring American-born J-POP singer Nicholas Edwards, who studied Japanese and moved from Oregon to Japan in pursuit of his dream to become a singer here. Now, three years after his move, his singing career certainly seems to be moving in the right direction.
This year, he released his debut single from a major Japanese music label in July, followed by a double mini album in October, and as mentioned in our previous article, he also performed at his very first concert this past Sunday at The Garden Hall in Ebisu. And yes, we were able to get tickets and see and hear Edwards live! So, to follow up on our article from October, here’s our report on Edward’s debut concert, “Silent Night 2013“.
- Rachel Tackett
Jul 18, 2013
Just because playing video games is the preferred hobby of many nerds and otaku-types (like us!) doesn’t mean they lack class. Game music in particular has improved in leaps and bounds over the years, almost as much as the graphics themselves. These days, many big-budget games contain fully orchestrated scores by famous movie composers, and even those that don’t can be arranged to fit a symphony.
This weekend at San Diego Comic Con, a performance of symphonic video game music called Video Games Live will be taking place. And, for the first time ever, this highly anticipated show will be broadcast around the world, thanks to the live streaming web services at Twitch.
- Karen Bremer Masuda
Nov 20, 2012
Imagine being at a concert where everyone’s pen flashed and changed color in synchronization with the music or performance. Sony Engineering Corporation and Sony Music Communications Inc worked together to create just such a pen, called FreFlow.
FreFlow has been tested at two concerts in the last few months by distributing the pens to attendees at the entrance then collecting them after the concert.
It looks like a conventional pen light but is able to change color and flash through remote control wireless transmission. It can produce any color by mixing the three primary colors, red, green and blue. Read More
- Titans attack Lawson convenience stores, bring tons of anime goodies with them1
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】2
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?3
- Are you a solo dining expert? Rank yourself with this Korean “lone diner guide”!4
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】5
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan6
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】7
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture8
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!9
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】10
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker6
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar9
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan
- Hairy armpit selfies have invaded China’s biggest social networking platform【Photos】
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- Man in China steps into “royal rumble” to save the day, maybe goes a bit too far【Video】
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- Chiro the corgi talks, shakes hands, wiggles her bootie, and wins our hearts
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Dog butts — Japanese netizens are going crazy for them!【Pics】
- Japanese scientist predicts another major earthquake in Japan by 2017
- Darth Vader to Japanese dictionary released, selling like Tusken bread
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight
- Sumida River Fireworks Festival aftermath: Not everyone in Japan has perfect manners after all