RocketNews24’s Meg pits the two cookies against each other, and also tosses made-in-China-for-China Oreos into the fray.
Aug 24, 2016
Yes, they serve milk.
No, not Oreo cheesecakes, but cheesecake Oreos!
If you like watermelon, you’ll definitely want to sink your teeth into these unique treats…and you won’t even have to worry about getting your fingers wet with juice!
May 24, 2016
You mean we’re supposed to eat these?!
The full-sized Oreo sandwich cookie now comes filled with a delicious green tea matcha cream centre.
Mar 17, 2016
Watch the step-by-step process of how to cook these cute, completely edible cup accessories yourself.
Mar 14, 2016
Two of the world’s great foods combine in these eye-catching sweets.
Check out these home-made gaming-themed treats and get some inspiration for your own baked goods!
Nov 27, 2015
Despite the popularity of goodies like Kit Kats and Oreos around the world, most countries sell only the original flavors of such snacks with perhaps one or two flavor variations on the side. This area, however, is where Japan goes totally nuts with novel and often downright bizarre marketing campaigns to introduce the latest flavors of ordinary snacks—just ask anyone who’s ever had the courage to try wasabi Kit Kats or strawberry chocolate-covered shrimp chips!
Case in point, confectionery and baked goods company Yamazaki Nabisco has unveiled its newest flavor of the popular Oreo cookie: rum raisin.
Jul 14, 2015
With less than a month to go before the release of the live-action Attack on Titan film in Japan, related merchandise and tie-in collaborations have brought us everything from point cards to hot dogs in recent days.
Whether you’re anxiously awaiting the movie’s opening date here in Japan or further abroad, there’s one way everyone can join in the celebrations: with a giant Oreo cookie. Check out the delicious recipe after the jump, complete with all the mouth-watering step-by-step details. A snack this sweet and giant-sized is sure to stop any Colossal Titan in its tracks!
May 22, 2015
One thing we definitely have plenty of in Japan is sweets, be it cookies, chocolates, ice cream or cakes. From sakura flavored treats to mochi-infused ice cream, you don’t have to look too hard to find a dessert that captures your fancy, whatever your mood happens to be. Interestingly, one trend we seem to be seeing in recent years is the increasing popularity of Japanese confections in the Middle East, the U.A.E. in particular.
Now, it’s quite common these days to see a popular snack or dessert from one country become a huge hit in another part of the world, but one Japanese treat that apparently has been acquiring a growing number of fans in the U.A.E. is not the latest dessert fad to hit Tokyo, nor is it created from a unique and unexpected combination of Japanese ingredients. It’s a conventional, albeit tasty, Western-style cookie, and what’s more, these cookies have been around here in Japan for over four decades!
Naturally, we bought a box and tried them to see what makes them so special!
Apr 14, 2015
Recently we’ve been going crazy over kitty kitchen cookware, like the adorable kitty knife we featured a little while back. But our quest for kittycat-themed culinary goods is still ongoing, and this amazing kitty rolling-pin by Etsy seller Mood For Wood has got us seriously craving some freshly baked cookies, pronto!
Dec 3, 2014
For the most part, cookies in Japan are crunchy little things. One very notable exception, though, is confectioner Fujiya’s Country Ma’am line, which are soft, chewy, and also absolutely delicious.
What makes Country Ma’am cookies so good is how moist they are, and now confectioner Fujiya is taking that one step further by turning them into a drink! We got our hands on a few cans of this miraculous beverage, and while it’s still early in our relationship, we think we may be in love.
Nov 9, 2014
When making a good commercial, the advertiser must attract the viewer’s attention and leave a lasting impression. At times this could be by highlighting the truly amazing feature of a product or with a truly memorable character like the Noid. You all remember him, right…right?
Now, the “3+2” line of sandwich cookies by Chinese brand Master Kong may have struck gold with a truly engaging character to promote it. We’ll call him the Boy Who Constantly Stumbles Into Prison Sex Situations. If that doesn’t make you hungry, then I don’t know what will.
Oct 30, 2014
Art lovers and foodies rejoice! Japan now has cupcakes so beautiful that they should probably be considered works of art, but are in fact delicious hand-made goodies meant for eating.
But could they be SO beautiful, so detailed, so mesmerizingly dainty in Japanese styles and patterns, that it would be a waste or even blasphemous to ruin them through our crude form of consumption, lost forever via our vast digestive tract? I probably wouldn’t go that far, but they are fantastically elegant and a slight hesitation to appreciate the detail before digging in would probably be in order, if not inevitable.
Some people say if something tastes good, it has to be bad for you. We understand that they’re usually talking about sugary, salty, or fatty foods, and nutritionally speaking, they’ve kind of got a point.
But while we definitely wouldn’t classify any of them as low-calorie, diet-friendly snacks, we still can’t bring ourselves to use the word “bad” in describing these adorable cat cakes and lattes.
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Aug 27, 2014
Think you can identify all the prefectures of Japan? Yeah, neither can we. But that’s okay because now with the help of this impressively accurate cookie cutter set, you can study and eat a map of Japan at the same time. Mmmm, knowledge.
Pretty much everyone loves Oreos, and therein lies the problem. Even if you just picked up a pack on your last visit to the grocery store, odds are you, or someone else, has already gone through whatever stock you had in the house.
Case in point: right now we’re completely out of Oreos, and we’re not about to go out to buy more in the downpour that’s drenching Tokyo right now. While some people with less vision (or healthier eating habits) might patiently endure the hardship of no cookies, we decided instead to make our own Oreos from scratch with an incredibly simple recipe.
- Woman kills self jumping onto train tracks, delay causes conductor to jump off tracks at other station1
- Cute cat fights yearning desire to eat food on table with adorable results【Video】2
- This Studio Ghibli-style “Legend of Zelda” video hits all the right notes 【Video】3
- The top 10 most beautiful places to see the autumn leaves in Japan, as chosen by travelers4
- Japanese dessert lovers go crazy for crème brûlée crêpes at new Harajuku crêperie5
- Huge range of Japanese Kit Kat flavours available at new pop-up museum in Tokyo for limited time6
- New Yorkers go crazy for taiyaki fish ice creams7
- Japanese collector buys one of the most expensive and exclusive life-sized figurines ever made8
- Japanese gamer shares images of most realistic Pokémon Go gym battle ever9
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】10
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】1
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】2
- Increasing number of women leave rice behind at revolving sushi train restaurants in Japan3
- Woman kills self jumping onto train tracks, delay causes conductor to jump off tracks at other station4
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】5
- Makoto Shinkai’s Your Name is about to do something no non-Ghibli anime has ever done6
- Japanese collector buys one of the most expensive and exclusive life-sized figurines ever made7
- Cute cat fights yearning desire to eat food on table with adorable results【Video】8
- 8 Reasons Japan is so clean: the wa of cleanliness9
- New Yorkers go crazy for taiyaki fish ice creams10
- Japanese photographer stumbles into “forbidden forest,” finds village of creepy statues【Pics】1
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】2
- Ash is going to look very different in the new Pokémon anime arc【Video】3
- Survey reveals why Japanese players quit Pokémon GO, and it’s likely not for the reason you think4
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down5
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】6
- Worst Kung Fu fight ever breaks out on street in China7
- Nintendo’s been hiding a secret about Pokémon’s Snorlax for 20 years 【Video】8
- Pokémon Go in Japan: 7 top sightseeing spots where you can catch Pokémon in Tokyo9
- Japan’s kimono-style bra and panties bring traditional motif to modern lingerie design【Photos】10
- Pokémon Go in Japan: 7 top sightseeing spots where you can catch Pokémon in Tokyo1
- Japanese photographer stumbles into “forbidden forest,” finds village of creepy statues【Pics】2
- Anybody want to live rent-free in a house in a Japanese beach town for two years?3
- How to hatch your Pokémon GO eggs without taking a single step4
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】5
- Ash is going to look very different in the new Pokémon anime arc【Video】6
- One of Japan’s most famous manga artists marries professional cosplayer 31 years younger than him7
- Japanese cat who can’t sleep unless it chats with owner melts hearts across the Internet8
- Survey reveals why Japanese players quit Pokémon GO, and it’s likely not for the reason you think9
- Poké-feels: Sibling visits grave of younger brother who loved Pikachu, gets tear-jerking surprise10
- Huge range of Japanese Kit Kat flavours available at new pop-up museum in Tokyo for limited time
- New Yorkers go crazy for taiyaki fish ice creams
- Japanese collector buys one of the most expensive and exclusive life-sized figurines ever made
- Japanese gamer shares images of most realistic Pokémon Go gym battle ever
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】
- We talk to Matt Damon in Tokyo about films, Tommy Lee Jones and how to be cool like Jason Bourne
- Increasing number of women leave rice behind at revolving sushi train restaurants in Japan
- Japanese Twitter user claims to have achieved “Perfect” sound on iTunes, we investigate
- J-pop megastar Utada Hikaru previews new song, hikes Japanese Alps in beautiful videos【Video】
- Pokémon Go in Japan: 7 top sightseeing spots where you can catch Pokémon in Tokyo
- “Recycling in Japan” or “Reasons to get it right and avoid eternal shame”
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】
- Kenji Kamiyama Teases Ghost in the Shell News