These handmade cookies are the perfect snack for surfing the web.
Sep 14, 2016
RocketNews24’s Meg pits the two cookies against each other, and also tosses made-in-China-for-China Oreos into the fray.
Aug 24, 2016
Yes, they serve milk.
No, not Oreo cheesecakes, but cheesecake Oreos!
If you like watermelon, you’ll definitely want to sink your teeth into these unique treats…and you won’t even have to worry about getting your fingers wet with juice!
May 24, 2016
You mean we’re supposed to eat these?!
The full-sized Oreo sandwich cookie now comes filled with a delicious green tea matcha cream centre.
Mar 17, 2016
Watch the step-by-step process of how to cook these cute, completely edible cup accessories yourself.
Mar 14, 2016
Two of the world’s great foods combine in these eye-catching sweets.
Check out these home-made gaming-themed treats and get some inspiration for your own baked goods!
Nov 27, 2015
Despite the popularity of goodies like Kit Kats and Oreos around the world, most countries sell only the original flavors of such snacks with perhaps one or two flavor variations on the side. This area, however, is where Japan goes totally nuts with novel and often downright bizarre marketing campaigns to introduce the latest flavors of ordinary snacks—just ask anyone who’s ever had the courage to try wasabi Kit Kats or strawberry chocolate-covered shrimp chips!
Case in point, confectionery and baked goods company Yamazaki Nabisco has unveiled its newest flavor of the popular Oreo cookie: rum raisin.
Jul 14, 2015
With less than a month to go before the release of the live-action Attack on Titan film in Japan, related merchandise and tie-in collaborations have brought us everything from point cards to hot dogs in recent days.
Whether you’re anxiously awaiting the movie’s opening date here in Japan or further abroad, there’s one way everyone can join in the celebrations: with a giant Oreo cookie. Check out the delicious recipe after the jump, complete with all the mouth-watering step-by-step details. A snack this sweet and giant-sized is sure to stop any Colossal Titan in its tracks!
May 22, 2015
One thing we definitely have plenty of in Japan is sweets, be it cookies, chocolates, ice cream or cakes. From sakura flavored treats to mochi-infused ice cream, you don’t have to look too hard to find a dessert that captures your fancy, whatever your mood happens to be. Interestingly, one trend we seem to be seeing in recent years is the increasing popularity of Japanese confections in the Middle East, the U.A.E. in particular.
Now, it’s quite common these days to see a popular snack or dessert from one country become a huge hit in another part of the world, but one Japanese treat that apparently has been acquiring a growing number of fans in the U.A.E. is not the latest dessert fad to hit Tokyo, nor is it created from a unique and unexpected combination of Japanese ingredients. It’s a conventional, albeit tasty, Western-style cookie, and what’s more, these cookies have been around here in Japan for over four decades!
Naturally, we bought a box and tried them to see what makes them so special!
Apr 14, 2015
Recently we’ve been going crazy over kitty kitchen cookware, like the adorable kitty knife we featured a little while back. But our quest for kittycat-themed culinary goods is still ongoing, and this amazing kitty rolling-pin by Etsy seller Mood For Wood has got us seriously craving some freshly baked cookies, pronto!
Dec 3, 2014
For the most part, cookies in Japan are crunchy little things. One very notable exception, though, is confectioner Fujiya’s Country Ma’am line, which are soft, chewy, and also absolutely delicious.
What makes Country Ma’am cookies so good is how moist they are, and now confectioner Fujiya is taking that one step further by turning them into a drink! We got our hands on a few cans of this miraculous beverage, and while it’s still early in our relationship, we think we may be in love.
Nov 9, 2014
When making a good commercial, the advertiser must attract the viewer’s attention and leave a lasting impression. At times this could be by highlighting the truly amazing feature of a product or with a truly memorable character like the Noid. You all remember him, right…right?
Now, the “3+2” line of sandwich cookies by Chinese brand Master Kong may have struck gold with a truly engaging character to promote it. We’ll call him the Boy Who Constantly Stumbles Into Prison Sex Situations. If that doesn’t make you hungry, then I don’t know what will.
Oct 30, 2014
Art lovers and foodies rejoice! Japan now has cupcakes so beautiful that they should probably be considered works of art, but are in fact delicious hand-made goodies meant for eating.
But could they be SO beautiful, so detailed, so mesmerizingly dainty in Japanese styles and patterns, that it would be a waste or even blasphemous to ruin them through our crude form of consumption, lost forever via our vast digestive tract? I probably wouldn’t go that far, but they are fantastically elegant and a slight hesitation to appreciate the detail before digging in would probably be in order, if not inevitable.
Some people say if something tastes good, it has to be bad for you. We understand that they’re usually talking about sugary, salty, or fatty foods, and nutritionally speaking, they’ve kind of got a point.
But while we definitely wouldn’t classify any of them as low-calorie, diet-friendly snacks, we still can’t bring ourselves to use the word “bad” in describing these adorable cat cakes and lattes.
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Aug 27, 2014
Think you can identify all the prefectures of Japan? Yeah, neither can we. But that’s okay because now with the help of this impressively accurate cookie cutter set, you can study and eat a map of Japan at the same time. Mmmm, knowledge.
- English hot spring manners poster is so thorough, even Japanese people are learning from it1
- In Japan the gates to Hell are disguised as a laundromat, and four other freaky coin-laundry finds2
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 craziest Japanese certification exams 【Weird Top Five】3
- This Michigan Starbucks barista looks just like a Final Fantasy character4
- Japanese men showing an increasing fondness for women they call “penguin girls”5
- Making trains meow-r fun: Japanese station master cats (and bunny!) strut their fluff【Pics】6
- Love Live! fan visits Mari’s room inside Awashima Hotel, finds anime details exist in real life!7
- You will never guess why this Tokyo candy store never fully opens its shutters8
- Amazon releases new Kindle model specifically designed for manga readers9
- Japanese dairy sells “kiss-flavored” ice cream, makes us wonder if they’ve ever kissed anyone10
- Japanese men showing an increasing fondness for women they call “penguin girls”1
- This Michigan Starbucks barista looks just like a Final Fantasy character2
- You will never guess why this Tokyo candy store never fully opens its shutters3
- IT infrastructure becomes cute anime girls in Japan’s latest educational anthropomorphism project4
- Japanese idol singer reveals three simple phrases men need to use to be popular with women5
- What happens when a guy throws on a wig and a dress and goes to Japan’s #1 pick-up spot?6
- Four more things women are banned from doing in Japan【Women in Japan Series】7
- Internet falls in love with cat’s first-ever encounter with carpet8
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away9
- Japanese office workers startled to find they’re being monitored…by an adorable cat!10
- Modern samurai coats from Japan are back for winter with new colors, fabrics, and paired pants1
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests2
- Japan’s AI schoolgirl has fallen into a suicidal depression in latest blog post3
- Japanese men showing an increasing fondness for women they call “penguin girls”4
- Beautiful cherry blossom-shaped Japanese pencils have a special surprise when sharpened5
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away6
- Internet goes crazy for custom-made desk built by Japanese animator7
- Fix wet pages in notebooks with this simple lifehack from Japan!8
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】9
- Woman kills self jumping onto train tracks, delay causes conductor to jump off tracks at other station10
- Pokémon Go in Japan: 7 top sightseeing spots where you can catch Pokémon in Tokyo1
- Japanese photographer stumbles into “forbidden forest,” finds village of creepy statues【Pics】2
- Modern samurai coats from Japan are back for winter with new colors, fabrics, and paired pants3
- Anybody want to live rent-free in a house in a Japanese beach town for two years?4
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests5
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】6
- Japan’s AI schoolgirl has fallen into a suicidal depression in latest blog post7
- Japanese men showing an increasing fondness for women they call “penguin girls”8
- Ash is going to look very different in the new Pokémon anime arc【Video】9
- Beautiful cherry blossom-shaped Japanese pencils have a special surprise when sharpened10
- Making trains meow-r fun: Japanese station master cats (and bunny!) strut their fluff【Pics】
- Love Live! fan visits Mari’s room inside Awashima Hotel, finds anime details exist in real life!
- You will never guess why this Tokyo candy store never fully opens its shutters
- Amazon releases new Kindle model specifically designed for manga readers
- Japanese dairy sells “kiss-flavored” ice cream, makes us wonder if they’ve ever kissed anyone
- Web search reveals dark (and kinky) habits of beloved mythical Japanese spirit
- Survey asks Japanese women if they could date a man who earns less money than they do
- 7 Reasons New Years Is The Best Time To Experience Japan
- Japanese office workers startled to find they’re being monitored…by an adorable cat!
- The 10 most beautiful places to see the autumn leaves in Japan, as chosen by travelers