A popular udon noodle shop in Japan, “Hanamaru Udon,” is offering a 50 yen discount for each “live child” that customers bring to their stores starting on October 7. With talks of Tokyo hiking the consumption tax, parents can rest easier knowing their kids can be exchanged for delicious udon.
Domino’s Japan enjoys coming up with promotions that sets them apart from other pizza joints. Whether offering luxury pizzas or giving discounts to bearded twins wearing Bon Jovi T-shirts and/or carrying a parakeet, the chain tends to grab people’s attention.
Limber up your index fingers because Domino’s Japan has started the “Shortest Sale in the World” from 1-3 February. While three days doesn’t seems so short, the actual sale occurs for only 0.1 seconds at a time.
Nov 18, 2012
Last week, Dominos Japan launched the “Amazing Coupon Festival”, a bizarre discount campaign offering 25%-off coupons to anyone who fulfills one or more of nine seemingly random conditions.
So what do you need to have to get the discount? Let’s just say it’s a good time to be a bearded second-year high school student with a parakeet.
Pretty much every major business in Japan had an awful financial year in 2011. Earthquakes, tsunamis, a nuclear disaster and the world economy being in dire straits will do that to a company. But at the end of the financial year, one business did something that no others could- posted a record profit. That company was hamburger chain McDonald’s.
Maybe it’s their genuinely impressive customer service. Maybe it’s the fact that they offer their food at such low prices. Maybe it’s the fact there is seemingly always some kind of a freebie up for grabs or discount offer to be taken advantage of. With coupons available all over the internet for McDonald’s restaurants in Japan, the sight of customers flashing smart-phone screens at staff or holding their mobile phones over electronic readers is extremely common. This coming weekend, however, no amount of trawling coupon websites will pay off quite as much as a trip to the store itself. Read More
- Local thugs forced to fight pro Muay Thai fighters as punishment during Thai New Year festival1
- Stunning 22-year-old HD footage brings Tokyo of the ‘90s back to life2
- Tear-jerker: Brain tumor patient’s “final wish” is to find her husband a new girlfriend3
- Japanese people surprised to find that “popular Japanese store” Meiso doesn’t exist in Japan4
- REVIEW: Sony’s new tablet is thinner and lighter than the iPad Air, and Android fans will love it5
- Tokyo custom hamburger steak restaurant is all about choices, and all of them are delicious6
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together7
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit8
- Classic Japanese painting “Picture Scroll of a Fart Battle” is exactly what it sounds like9
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong5
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends6
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act7
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love8
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend9
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for4
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly5
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour6
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】7
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong8
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea9
- Take your love of touching imitation breasts out on the go with Puni Puni Case For iPhone10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Tokyo custom hamburger steak restaurant is all about choices, and all of them are delicious
- The baffling reason three men spent 30 minutes in an Akihabara restroom together
- We hope you’re not thirsty — Tokyo shuts down its vending machines for U.S. president’s visit
- Classic Japanese painting “Picture Scroll of a Fart Battle” is exactly what it sounds like
- If real animals were Pokémon, the world would be a much weirder place
- With the stuffed characters of the Moomin Café, you’ll never dine alone!
- Enjoy the ambiance of Okinawa’s aptly named Cave Cafe (plus “chest hair of the ancients”!)
- Japanese pig farmer shows the world how pigs should be treated
- Two months is a lifetime: Cancer-stricken 22-year-old gets married in the hospital
- The Five Japanese Streets That People of Japan Most Want to Visit
- Those freaky Hello Kitty contact lenses are back, and this time she brought friends!
- Kim Jong-un’s haircut takes over the world
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea