A popular udon noodle shop in Japan, “Hanamaru Udon,” is offering a 50 yen discount for each “live child” that customers bring to their stores starting on October 7. With talks of Tokyo hiking the consumption tax, parents can rest easier knowing their kids can be exchanged for delicious udon.
Domino’s Japan enjoys coming up with promotions that sets them apart from other pizza joints. Whether offering luxury pizzas or giving discounts to bearded twins wearing Bon Jovi T-shirts and/or carrying a parakeet, the chain tends to grab people’s attention.
Limber up your index fingers because Domino’s Japan has started the “Shortest Sale in the World” from 1-3 February. While three days doesn’t seems so short, the actual sale occurs for only 0.1 seconds at a time.
Nov 18, 2012
Last week, Dominos Japan launched the “Amazing Coupon Festival”, a bizarre discount campaign offering 25%-off coupons to anyone who fulfills one or more of nine seemingly random conditions.
So what do you need to have to get the discount? Let’s just say it’s a good time to be a bearded second-year high school student with a parakeet.
Pretty much every major business in Japan had an awful financial year in 2011. Earthquakes, tsunamis, a nuclear disaster and the world economy being in dire straits will do that to a company. But at the end of the financial year, one business did something that no others could- posted a record profit. That company was hamburger chain McDonald’s.
Maybe it’s their genuinely impressive customer service. Maybe it’s the fact that they offer their food at such low prices. Maybe it’s the fact there is seemingly always some kind of a freebie up for grabs or discount offer to be taken advantage of. With coupons available all over the internet for McDonald’s restaurants in Japan, the sight of customers flashing smart-phone screens at staff or holding their mobile phones over electronic readers is extremely common. This coming weekend, however, no amount of trawling coupon websites will pay off quite as much as a trip to the store itself. Read More
- Japanese women dish about being betrayed by their female friends1
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends2
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!3
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it4
- Visit Kiki’s Bakery at a unique fairytale village in Japan5
- Japanese driver fails to stop at a yellow light, turns herself in to the police6
- Five foods you should never feed to your cat7
- Japanese Twitter users and the tale of the broken battery8
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】5
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act6
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】7
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes8
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend9
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Japanese driver fails to stop at a yellow light, turns herself in to the police
- Five foods you should never feed to your cat
- Japanese Twitter users and the tale of the broken battery
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend
- Healthy ice cream? Well, these new Häagen-Dazs vegetable flavors at least sound healthy!
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some
- Japan continues to invent items it thinks you want!
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly