While some of us are still trying to get into the entertaining world of animation, others see it as deadly serious business. Just ask one young lad in Guiyang City who was so perturbed by the noise of construction outside his apartment during a cartoon session that he severed the safety line of the guy doing the work, leaving him to hang on for dear life eight floors above ground.
Police in Saitama Prefecture are looking for the person who stabbed a guide dog while it was with its 61-year-old visually-impaired owner in Saitama.
Every country or district has their share of obscure crimes tucked deep in dusty long-forgotten law books. Archaic prohibitions on tying your horse to a dog or refusing to salute your teachers can be found everywhere. The following 15 laws however, are not outdated and many of us have probably done them at some point in our lives without realizing that in some cases it could land us in a Japanese prison.
A man suspected of groping a woman on the JR Yamanote line escaped by jumping onto the tracks at JR Ebisu station in Tokyo on Thursday night. His actions delayed trains along the Yamanote line for about 30 minutes, TBS reported Friday.
Aug 22, 2014
For the most part, Japan is an extremely safe country. Still, that doesn’t mean the country is completely crime-free, with convenience stores being one of the most likely targets of individuals who’ve been driven to extreme measures by their desire for cash (or a light snack).
Occasionally these crimes are diffused by clerks who are quick-thinking, daring, or possibly deliberately obtuse. On the occasion that a robbery does go down, however, victims in Japan do have one last resort: chucking a giant paint ball at the criminal.
Aug 22, 2014
On the morning of 10 August, two goats working with the Goat Weeding Corps disappeared suddenly while on duty in Minokamo City, Gifu. The Goat Weeding Corps (GWC) is an elite team of 20 goats employed by the city to eat weeds in parks and woodlands. The managers of the GWC at Gifu University are treating this as a theft and have reported it to the police.
Aug 21, 2014
On 19 July the Noda City department of the Chiba Prefectural Police announced the arrest of 49-year-old elementary school teacher Masaki Yabusaki on charges of intimidation.
The suspect had allegedly sent around half a dozens emails to the Noda Board of Education with oddly-worded threatening remarks such as “I will blow up bad guys and their government buildings” if they didn’t rescind a decision to extend the school week to include Saturday classes introduced this year.
A woman in China’s Zhejiang Province has been arrested after she entered an ATM vestibule and splashed urine over the machines following the bank’s refusal to process her money transfer, Chinese media has reported.
Aug 19, 2014
A 41-year-old police sergeant from the Osaka Tondabayashi police station has been arrested after it was discovered that while riding in a train, he put his smartphone between a woman’s legs.
Aug 16, 2014
It’s never a good choice to try to drown your sorrows with alcohol when you feel like you’re down on luck. As the saying goes, it never rains but it pours and when you’re down and out, not to mention drunk, there’s a high possibility that shit is going to happen.
Let’s not even get into drunk driving; Taiwanese news site ETToday recently reported a bizarre case of a drunken man who broke into someone’s house, and eventually jumped out of a window from the fifth floor, landing him in the hospital. How exactly did all that come together? Details after the break!
Some people have the worst luck. Like this guy who was just innocently walking down the street when a knife suddenly fell from above and lodged itself right in his skull.
Warning: This post contains images depicting injury and blood.
Deplorable as they may be, you can at least follow the severely twisted logic behind the numerous train gropings and panty thefts in Japan. Men, in general, enjoy touching the female body and looking at sexy lingerie, and those transgressions are the result of despicable individuals whose enjoyment isn’t sufficiently lessened by a lack of important things like “consent” or “a girl actually inside the underwear.”
What’s a little harder to understand, though, is what ill-gotten benefit a man could procure by vomiting on unsuspecting women, as one suspect in Hokkaido is being accused of.
More details have emerged of the abuse suffered by a private in the South Korean Army who died after intense physical bullying from fellow soldiers, and photos of his body reveal it to be black and blue with bruises. The incident has sparked outrage and concern for other young soldiers who may be suffering hazing or other problems during their intense mandatory two-year conscription.
Warning: This post contains graphic imagery and descriptions of violence.
The man charged with lacing frozen food products with a pesticide last October has been sentenced to 42 months in prison by the the Maebashi District Court in Gunma Prefecture.
Toshiki Abe, 49, a former plant worker at the Oizumi plant of Maruha Nichiro Holdings subsidiary Aqlifoods Co, was convicted of lacing the food products.
Anime News Network
Aug 7, 2014
On 4 June at around 11pm bridal store employee, Eisuke Himoto, allegedly approached a 30-year-old woman on her way home from her part-time job. According to police, he called out to her asking, “Why don’t we get a drink?” to which the woman tried to run away.
Most men at this point would consider attempted escape as a sign that a woman is not into them. Himoto, on the other hand, allegedly felt this had become the perfect opportunity to begin hugging and kissing the woman from behind.
Luckily, Himoto’s same utter lack of judgment would eventually lead to his speedy arrest shortly after.
Aug 6, 2014
It tends to be the smaller crimes that are the most baffling to understand. Fraud, murder, or theft all tend to come about from a certain human ambition for money or power. However, when a bunch of daikons go missing, how could you possibly deduce it was a middle school girl who enjoys the sounds of the radishes getting run over by cars?
In the same vein we have one arrest in Wakayama Prefecture in which a man stands accused of violating the obscene behavior clause of the prefecture’s nuisance prevention order. So, slap on your detective caps and have fun trying to come up with a motive for the case of “The Guy Who Stuck Women’s Underwear to Unknown Women’s Cars.”
Aug 3, 2014
The dashboard camera has become an almost essential car accessory in Russia. They are used as forms of sousveillance (cameras worn by the person or machine involved), additional evidence in court, and as a preventative measure against police corruption and insurance fraud. They have also led to some of the most breathtaking, unbelievable and crazy close calls, published on video sharing sites like YouTube.
It’s far less common to find a dashboard camera in Japan because most of the wild circumstances that are a normal part of everyday Russian driving just don’t exist here. That’s why it was very surprising to see footage from a Japanese dashboard camera go viral recently.
Jul 28, 2014
Police in Sasebo, Nagasaki Prefecture, said Sunday they have arrested a 16-year-old high school girl on suspicion of killing a classmate.
- Korean cosplayer’s gender-bending costumes confuse us for a moment, then leave us mesmerized1
- Shocking, snowy commercial is the saddest ad we’ve seen this fall2
- New app helps you translate Japanese and Chinese offline using smartphone camera3
- The most famous cat in Japan shows us exactly how he fits his chubby body in a box4
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons5
- Kim Jong-un allegedly orders entire extended family of executed uncle killed6
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】7
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?8
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men9
- Yosegi wood craft — amazing in its beautiful simplicity and precision!10
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads1
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked2
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】3
- We still don’t feel bad for you, Emperor: Photos of actors and their historical counterparts4
- Video of guy giving pandas medicine is insanely cute, unless you’re the guy5
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men6
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?7
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】8
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors9
- Worst date ever! Japan’s ladies reveal the top five date ideas to avoid10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked5
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea6
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】7
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Kim Jong-un allegedly orders entire extended family of executed uncle killed
- Cats trapped in circles! Japanese blogger shows the best way to outsmart your kitty【Photos】
- Is that cute girl’s profile pic really anything like her ‘real’ face?
- Japanese net users stunned by photos of Chinese ethnic minority men
- Yosegi wood craft — amazing in its beautiful simplicity and precision!
- Nine reasons why Japanese men hesitate to say “I love you”
- New smartphone game turns your photos of real-world cats into in-game warriors
- Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. And don’t blink.
- 5 powerful reasons to be a woman in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads
- Photos claim to show difference between Chinese and other travelers, somehow show less and more
- Check the weather forecast with a cool gadget that recreates the conditions in your living room
- Japanese adult video star’s dramatic plastic surgery sets internet abuzz
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture