Meet the new winged Hachiko of the field. You could probably stage a ballet out of this story somehow.
Sep 27, 2016
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder…or, should we say, the knife holder.
Jul 21, 2016
A baby in Japan has become an overnight Internet sensation after showing a strange affinity for the remote controller in his left hand…but not the right.
Apr 4, 2016
Heading to the office in Japan? Don’t forget your bento boxed lunch…and your tissues.
Nov 28, 2015
Because sometimes you need a little help on the way to and from a good cry.
Sep 26, 2015
It has to be pretty good being Kim Jong-un. You’re the supreme dictator of a whole country, you’ve got the most fashionable haircut ever, and women flock to you and faint in your presence.
Unfortunately being so handsome and popular has one downside though: the internet. When the online hivemind got its hands on a photo of Kim Jong-un visiting the female division of his divine army, they created some hilarious Photoshop masterpieces that are truly fitting for such a respected leader.
Japan is already well-known for being the place where you can rent a human being for pretty much any occasion. There’s rentable boyfriends, girlfriends, and even middle-aged dudes to dispense relationship advice.
So the latest type of rentable person should come as no surprise: hot guys to cry with you and wipe away your tears. Ladies, are you ready for a stress-relieving cry and a good-looking dude with immaculate hands to dab your eyes with a cloth? Well then get ready for Ikemeso.
Jan 28, 2015
You may not remember the name Ryutaro Nonomura but you’ll almost definitely recall the press conference he gave last July, which was later dubbed the “crying conference” here in Japan. The incident, which saw the then provincial politician weeping, cupping his ear cartoonishly, and wailing like a man possessed as he attempted to explain what he’d done with a significant amount of government funds turned him into a pop-culture icon, porn parody and all, and ensured that he would go down as one of the most famous figures of 2014, for all the wrong reasons.
So now about half a year later, what has become of the disgraced assemblyman?
Kids do amazing things sometimes. They stun you with their simple creativity and boggle you with questions you never had thought of. Their sensitivity is also to be remarked upon. One little boy though, has shown Japan his amazing sensitivity and thoughtfulness and has given his mother the surprise of a lifetime.
- 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo will Blow. You. Away.1
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year2
- Ramen restaurant’s new branch has had continuous line of waiting customers for 250 hours3
- Elderly Shanghai traveler throws coins into jet engine for luck, grounds plane for five hours4
- Over 19,000 Azuki Bars for free on 1 July at select locations across Japan5
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】6
- Coincidental station name and Cardcaptor Sakura ad placement on Tokyo train is all too perfect7
- Travelers can go back to school at cool Japanese hotel converted from rural schoolhouse8
- Tokyo cafe’s rainbow cheesecake is only the beginning of its crazily awesome dessert lineup9
- Cosplay catastrophe countermeasure: How to keep your makeup nice at a sweaty anime convention10
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year1
- How dirty is your mind? Find out with this innocent picture of a Japanese bunny2
- New Kyoto Starbucks has the beauty, historical pedigree to be a sightseeing attraction itself3
- Sailor suit bikini from Japan becomes so popular it sells out in two days4
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park5
- Japan would like to remind you that “emoji” has nothing to do with “emotion”6
- Japanese publisher sparks backlash over plan to have anime voice actresses pose for bikini photos7
- Japanese animator ordered to pay 900,000 yen before quitting company8
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study9
- Three Tokyo youths arrested for cork hunting, everyone else learns what cork hunting is10
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study1
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】2
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year3
- The wait for Attack on Titan Season 3 will be much shorter than the wait for Season 24
- Sprint And Pokémon GO Want To Send You To Japan!5
- Breasts and cats: Japanese photo book combines two of the world’s most favourite things6
- Japan’s new “sex tent” targets campers who’re more than friends, not yet lovers7
- Why is Japanese customer service so amazing? Because in Japan it’s one strike and you’re out8
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park9
- Eight reasons otaku men are unpopular with women, according to Japanese Twitter list10
- Blind Japanese boy sends Nintendo heartwarming thank you letter, gets amazing response1
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study2
- Japanese boy band shakes up the music world as all nine members kiss each other in new video clip3
- Japanese man’s wife keeps finding his porn stashes, sending him anime illustrations in response4
- Seemingly cute cat in downtown Tokyo might desperately need help, plus a new owner5
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】6
- Japanese cosplayer achieves amazing cyber legs look using wet stockings【Photos】7
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away8
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year9
- Hi-Chew candies get revamped into ice cream sweet treats just in time for summer10
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】
- Coincidental station name and Cardcaptor Sakura ad placement on Tokyo train is all too perfect
- Travelers can go back to school at cool Japanese hotel converted from rural schoolhouse
- Tokyo cafe’s rainbow cheesecake is only the beginning of its crazily awesome dessert lineup
- Cosplay catastrophe countermeasure: How to keep your makeup nice at a sweaty anime convention
- What should Tokyo’s newest rail station be called? Poll asks high school girls for their opinion
- TV program claims Japanese temple banned cats for being too cute, Japan nods in agreement
- This buffet offers over 100 matcha-infused choices for the ultimate matcha experience in Kyoto
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】
- Hayao Miyazaki turns down offer to watch new anime film from former Studio Ghibli director
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】
- Video claims that if you can read a certain font, you are probably not Japanese【Video】
- Pokémon Sun and Moon Meets Parkour in Real Life 【Video】