Police in Saitama Prefecture are looking for the person who stabbed a guide dog while it was with its 61-year-old visually-impaired owner in Saitama.
From Romeo and Juliet to Kim and Kanye, history is full of legendary power couples that inspire countless tales of romance (or a tacky Italian wedding in the latter case). And last week a new power couple emerged on the Internet when the owner of an adorable husky posted two pictures to Twitter that showed the intense adoration the dog has for a certain cat toy.
The very unconventional couple stole the hearts of Japanese netizens with the short, but moving, saga of a dog yearning to be reunited with its toy after the stuffed cat was washed and the pure agony of waiting for it to dry.
Meet Tally. She’s definitely a dog, and a very beautiful dog at that. And yet she’s often found in some suspiciously cat-like poses…
Fads come and go, changing “what’s cool” every few years, sometimes even as quickly as a few months. As far as pets go, we’ve gone everywhere from ant farms and sea monkeys to pet rocks and tamagotchi. It’s also become acceptable to dress up our pets in clothing and costumes; even turning your animal another shade isn’t that unusual either.
But this next fashion that is all the rage in China right now is creating quite a panda-mic!
- Joan Coello
May 12, 2014
We previously thought that pets didn’t have the slightest clue or opinion about their haircuts, but this dog, Jin Dan, just proved us wrong!
This little Pomeranian apparently got so upset with his new haircut that he started standing and walking around on his hind legs after he got back from the groomers’! He persisted with this awkward, two-legged posture for a couple of days, looking like a possessed teddy bear trying to pick a fight.
Pets are pretty great: they are cute, funny and occasionally do crazy things. It doesn’t hurt that they just love us so much (probably more than we deserve, most of the time). You’ve probably heard of helicopter parents, but what about helicopter pets? If you don’t believe me, check out this video. This dog is so sweetly over-protective that it’s bound to inject some happy into your day.
- Fran Wrigley
Apr 11, 2014
This week, the latest in a new mini-series here at RocketNews24 which we’ll tentatively call “People Doing Stupid Things They Really Should Have Guessed Would Backfire Badly”, we bring you a student who is claiming to have been quarantined after submitting a sample of his dog’s urine for a school medical.
The anonymous post on Japanese forum 2channel is titled “What happened when I put my dog’s pee in for the school urine test”. Let’s take a look at how the saga panned out!
You may have seen plenty of cat pictures here on RocketNews24, and you may have seen a truckload of dog pictures as well, but we rarely see these two animals within the same frame. We’re pretty sure some of you have a preference for one over the other, but today, a pair of paw pals are granting us the best of both worlds!
Meet Kikuchiyo the Shiba Inu and her feline friend, Torajiro!
We’re pretty sure many of you would agree that a haircut can make or break your overall image. If you’ve been through disastrous haircut experiences that left you seething in hate and wanting to strangle your hairdresser, you’ll probably be able to empathize with these furry buddies who went through an epic FML moment.
But to be honest, some of them actually look pretty cool!
Even though most apartments in Japan are fairly small, many animal lovers still find room to house a dog or cat. Many pet owners choose to dress up their precious pooch or upload hundreds of videos of their beloved cat. That’s why thousands of cat and dog owners visit online pet photo site, “Pacha and my pet” (pacha is the sound a camera makes) to show off their furry friends. The site has just revealed the most popular dog and cat breeds in Japan for 2013. Let’s take a look at the results!
Dog is man’s best friend, or so the saying goes. Nowadays, it’s sometimes hard to believe those words when your loyal canine is dragging your dirty pants, underwear included, out into the living room for all your guests to see (true story). But one dog in Japan proved his undying loyalty, waiting for his master’s return in the same location every single day for 10 years after his master’s death. The picture above, the last one ever taken of this loveable animal, is one of the saddest things we’ve ever seen.
Some people take fashion very seriously. They wouldn’t think of putting a foot outside the door without being perfectly made up, coiffed and dressed. This obsession isn’t restricted to homo sapiens, though. Cookie the Shiba Inu simply refuses to go for walkies in this indignity of a polka dot sweater.
Dogs, like anyone else, love to feel the wind on their furry, adorable faces. Honestly, is there anything better than rolling down the window, sticking your head and tongue out, and cruising down the road? Maybe barfing on the bed and chewing up all the shoes. It’s kind of a tie, we suppose.
Anyway! Not everyone can afford a car, as pointed out by Mr. Suzuki, but nearly anyone can buy a scooter. So even pups who don’t come from the richest families can taste the open road!
Dogs are often referred to as “man’s best friend,” and it’s no wonder! Dog-owners spend so much time tethered to their pups: walking, eating, and sometimes sleeping together. It’s so calming to stare into those big, soulful eyes, filled to the brim with undying affection and emotional character.
But did you know that admiring the magnificence of their tail-ends can also leave one feeling refreshed? One of Japan’s Twitter users at least thinks her pup’s posterior has a lot to offer the world and recently decided to share…
Now, pet owners may love their cat or dog to bits and consider them a member of the family, and that’s all fine and well. But I have a feeling that many owners, if being truthful, will also admit that all the hair that their beloved furry companions shed can sometimes drive them crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s bad enough to make you want to give up owning any piece of clothing, linen or carpeting that’s not the same color as your pet’s fur.
But just exactly how bad can the “fur situation” be for, say, the average dog owner? Well, we’ve found a shockingly amusing picture that shows us! So, ready to face the hairy truth about dogs? Read More
Large dogs are so cute, but sometimes we wish they were a little smaller. Their massive bodies take up a lot of room (especially when your 60 pound golden retrievers think they are lap dogs and always find themselves on the couch [true story]) and they come with too much hair that seems to get everywhere. But one clever large dog owner turned their husky’s continually shedding fur into a positive. No, that’s not a little puppy sitting next to this husky dog. It’s actually a miniature doll made out of the husky’s hair!
Although they’ve been long touted as “man’s best friend,” dogs have kind of taken a back seat to cats on the internet. Sure, dogs are much appreciated for their unflinching loyalty and companionship, but they tend to fall short of fluffy felines when it comes to being photogenic. So with this in mind, some bold dog owners have taken it upon themselves to add more depth and character to their pets by giving them a pair of good old fashioned eyebrows.
The trend of eyebrow-enhanced pooches has washed up on Japan’s shores recently amid great fanfare and net user comments of “Kawaii!“; “They look human!”; and “I spit my coffee out!” So, let’s all take a look at what emotions can be conveyed when dogs get human-style eyebrows.
It’s amazing what a good haircut can do. It can change the way people see you and bring out features you never knew you had. That’s certainly what happened to Moru the Pomeranian, who went in for a short cut and came out looking like a whole new breed. Now he’s the Shibaranian, fooling us all with his cute Shiba Inu disguise. And it seems we’ll be seeing more pups like Moru soon, with many owners giving the cut to their Pomeranians to help them cope with the summer heat.
It’s the eternal struggle of pet preferences. There’s no question that the top two choices for pets are cats and dogs and the human race is ultimately divided between so-called “cat-people” and “dog-people.” Since there can only be one animal to take the number one spot as “favorite pet,” large scale surveying website Research Planet asked nearly 30,000 Japanese people straight up, “Which do you like better, dogs or cats?”
- Master Blaster
Apr 23, 2013
A lot of people are into collecting things like dog figurines but after a while it has to get a little monotonous. Surely all of your favorite poses have been done before?
“No!” says Sumainu, the dealers of the Dog@CUBE series of miniatures. Here we can find some novel and cute new takes on the age-old art of canine collectables with three positions including the U*chingu line seen above.
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls1
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons2
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!3
- Visiting the South Pole and 14 other lesser known crimes in Japan4
- More than meets the eye, sushi in disguise! Check out these transforming sushi toys!5
- Terrifyingly terrific haunted house’s puzzles are so tough it has a continue system6
- Gundam creator isn’t making his new series for you, doesn’t care if you don’t like it7
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events8
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later9
- Boys love posing book shows you how to draw two guys frolicking by that legendary pool!10
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events3
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】4
- Sanrio says, “Hello Kitty is not a cat.” Whaaa?5
- Visiting the South Pole and 14 other lesser known crimes in Japan6
- Otaku generation gap – Fans in their teens, 20s, and 30s reveal what got them into anime7
- Ramen Shop Serves Mountains of Meat, Gets Customers and Laughs8
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away9
- Philippine netizens do the makeup transformation meme to mixed results10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- The clever way Japanese drivers thank each other without saying a word【Video】2
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!3
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls4
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events5
- We swear we won’t tell anyone if you buy one of these super lifelike love dolls from Japan6
- Sanrio says, “Hello Kitty is not a cat.” Whaaa?7
- Annual ChinaJoy game expo proves to be Asia’s biggest showcase of busty booth babes!【Photos】8
- Otaku generation gap – Fans in their teens, 20s, and 30s reveal what got them into anime9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】3
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup4
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!5
- The clever way Japanese drivers thank each other without saying a word【Video】6
- Malaysian girl gets 1.6 million views on YouTube for singing about not being Korean【Video】7
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!8
- Brass section rejoice! Your ideal smartphone accessory has arrived9
- Hello Kitty isn’t a cat!? We called Sanrio to find out!10
- Terrifyingly terrific haunted house’s puzzles are so tough it has a continue system
- Gundam creator isn’t making his new series for you, doesn’t care if you don’t like it
- Taiwanese Tsunade cosplayer sparks debate about public decency at events
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later
- Boys love posing book shows you how to draw two guys frolicking by that legendary pool!
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】
- Japan’s secret garbage problem–and what you can do to help
- Gundam creator expresses disappointment over current state of anime voice acting
- French artist gives new perspective on Sailor Moon and Disney princesses with X-ray illustrations
- Cute puppy goes to grandmother’s house and finds dentures for toothy grin, hilarious photo op
- Toyota’s dance craze contest invites you to Wakudoki your way to Tokyo【Video】
- Policeman throws up after questioning a suspect who hadn’t brushed his teeth in a year
- Princest Diaries: Artist uses Disney Princesses in Rape Awareness posters