For the normal human being, fashion is hard work. There are so many things to think about when considering what sort of outfit you will choose for yourself. Sometimes what looks great on people who are paid to look good, doesn’t quite look as good on us. That shouldn’t stop us from strutting our stuff as long as you’ve got the confidence to back it up, though, and this girl has confidence in spades.
Mar 24, 2015
If you weren’t raised on a steady diet of Disney movies, then we’ll wager your childhood was lacking a little animated magic. Even now the old classics still hold up, and Disney definitely isn’t just for kids.
But if you’ve ever been left disappointed that those amazing Disney Princess dresses they sell at the Disney Store don’t fit anyone over the age of eight, then fret not! Now adult women (or indeed, men) can dress up in fantastic, whimsically childlike Cinderella dresses courtesy of this collaboration between Disney and lolita style brand Baby The Stars Shine Bright.
The blue and black (or white and gold to some) dress took the Internet by storm recently, splitting netizens into two major factions: team blue-and-black and team white-and-gold. I, for one, thought it looked somewhat like discolored blue and gold.
While most people were still busy debating with friends over the color of the dress (which has already been revealed, by the way) or getting creeped out by how the dress “changed colors” right in front of their eyes, some creative netizens basically went all “Who cares what color that dress really is, let’s just create a fandom for it!” and created these blue-black-white-gold inspired illustrations!
Jan 18, 2015
Okay, I have a confession to make here – that whole wedding fever that some women get, where they obsess over the minute details of “their” special day? I’ve never really gotten that. I mean, do you know how much weddings cost? It’s a lot of money, and it’s gone in a day. Call me a pragmatist, but I’d rather spend that money on a down payment for a house or on an awesome trip. I also can’t help thinking that it sometimes veers more towards celebrating the bride rather than the union of two people. (It’s no wonder women in Japan have started having solo weddings!) Still, a wedding is a centuries-old tradition, and lots of people love the spectacle and ceremony of it. And what better theme could there be for a glitzy wedding than “Indian Disney Princess”? Canadian formal attire company Wellgroomed Designs have come up with nine concept gowns focusing on specific Disney princesses, and they look amazing!
May 26, 2014
Have you always had a sneaking suspicion that you’re actually a reincarnated princess from the Moon Kingdom? If you’ve ever run into talking cats and a mysterious masked stranger in a tuxedo, or had the urge to punish your enemies “in the name of the moon” while wearing a sailor-type uniform, these could all be signs that you are indeed the 21st century reincarnation of Tsukino Usagi’s past life persona, Princess Serenity.
Once you’ve realized your true identity, feel free to indulge in your past-life princess by dressing the part while waiting for the upcoming Sailor Moon Crystal anime this summer. Princess Serenity’s gorgeous dress is now up for sale, and is perfect for anyone who wants to add a little royal sparkle to their wardrobe!
This year seems to have seen a spike in older cross-dressing males, in Japan at least. According to some, the trend has steadily been on the rise in urban centers like Tokyo. Even in China, a grandfather set the modeling world on fire with the way he shows off his daughter’s merchandise.
As the year comes to a close one more elderly man has openly joined the ranks of bearded dress wearers: Santa Claus!
- Singer Gackt claims he was victim of racial discrimination in Paris hotel, handled it with class1
- Drain cleaners will hate us! Use this one crazy trick from Japan to get rid of sink slime!2
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”3
- Pro drifter disguises herself as driving school student to prank first-day instructors 【Video】4
- Here’s what we got when we ordered the chef’s recommendation…at McDonald’s!5
- Tokyo’s busiest train lines to get luxury “one-man” express pods by next April6
- Man fed up with Love Live fans at subway station in China, pours water on them7
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples8
- Morioka Station’s sweet message to recent high school graduates causes passersby to tear up9
- Are you a control freak, baby, or tough guy? Find out what your sleeping position says about you!10
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”2
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples3
- Vanishing Japan: Five things to see before they disappear completely4
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker5
- Man fed up with Love Live fans at subway station in China, pours water on them6
- Past and present photos of Japanese fashion models make us wonder, where have all the gyaru gone?7
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”8
- Pro drifter disguises herself as driving school student to prank first-day instructors 【Video】9
- New Sailor Moon cafe in Tokyo has live public anime viewing and themed food and drinks10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20156
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives7
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”8
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin9
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map3
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby4
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】5
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”6
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines7
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing8
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】9
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】10
- Tokyo’s busiest train lines to get luxury “one-man” express pods by next April
- Man fed up with Love Live fans at subway station in China, pours water on them
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples
- Morioka Station’s sweet message to recent high school graduates causes passersby to tear up
- Are you a control freak, baby, or tough guy? Find out what your sleeping position says about you!
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea
- Win the chance to have your Japan wish granted by RocketNews24!!
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map
- Never lose focus on April Fools’ Day, you never know who will surprise you next
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore
- Vanishing Japan: Five things to see before they disappear completely
- Proposed facial recognition system would send warning emails to families of pachinko addicts
- Otaku ears-New line of earphones is designed specifically for listening to anime songs with