How would you celebrate your child’s sweet sixteenth? A low-key dinner with close family? A big bash for them and all their friends? Or perhaps plastering their face across billboards all over town? One Chinese father decided to go for the latter option…
Oct 8, 2014
A marriage proposal is supposed to be a special personal thing, it’s the chance to ask your significant other if they will be with you until the end. You want to make it an intimate and unique occasion, and do we have to mention again, personal. But with the advent of the Internet, more and more marriage proposals are going public as everyone tries to show how clever they are.
For as many amazing proposals there are nowadays, there should be an equal number of heartbreaking rejections out there. You probably don’t see many of them because no one wants to publish their failure online, especially after your heart was just put through a giant wringer. Unfortunately, if you propose in public, you don’t have a choice to share your moment or not, since any random bystander can take pictures of you popping the question. And as you will see, sometimes the results aren’t pretty.
These days, it’s not a rare sight to see people playing games on their mobile devices while riding the train or waiting for a bus, or even sneaking in a round or two at work when no one’s looking. It’s understandable that sometimes a worker might need a breather, and a few quick minutes crushing candies, battling monsters, or “farming” on the smartphone could be a great stress reliever. But guess what happens when the whole office is engrossed in games? Somebody shits in their pants.
Or at least that’s what happened at the Liquan County Public Office in Shaanxi Province, China. For real.
43-Year-Old Taiwanese Man Arrested for Stealing Box of Condoms, Booooooy Are His Parents Gonna Be Mad
May 15, 2013
It’s a familiar coming-of-age scenario for many a young man. Things with the girlfriend are progressing well and it’s time to round third into the home plate. However, there are still condoms to get. How do you confront the judgmental gaze of the minimum wage cashier who in reality couldn’t care less what you’re up to?
One young Taiwanese lad at the tender age of 43 faced with this dilemma opted to steal a box of condoms rather than deal with the awkwardness of buying them legally, and as such has become international news.
Jan 26, 2013
Spontaneous physical arousal, also known in the western world as “random wood” amongst other monikers, has happened to most men at some point in their lives. For those just entering adulthood, it can can be painfully embarrassing – and in some cases even lead to some taking drastic action – but thankfully the majority of us are not TV stars being watched by millions when it happens.
As part of a romantic comedy sketch acted out on a recent Korean variety show, popular TV personality Gili Kim embraced beautiful Jimin Kim and lifted her up in the air. From there, tragically, physiological instincts took over, leaving poor Gili with no way of concealing his excitement. The images were soon shared thousands of times via Twitter and Korean Internet bulletin boards, prompting the star to speak out and admit that he may have become lost in the moment.
We’re sure we all have things that we’d rather our parents didn’t see. That folder within a folder within a folder on the computer titled “schoolwork” that isn’t really anything of the sort; that moustache waxing kit at the back of the drawer; the small collection of letters penned by an old love…
But a parents discovering – and then returning – a condom is perhaps one of the worst experiences a young man or women living at home can have.
Spare a thought, then, for the poor chap who discovered this misplaced condom along with a note from his mother waiting for him when he returned home one evening.
- Cross-dressing talent Matsuko Deluxe: AKB opening the Tokyo Olympics “would embarrass Japan”1
- Hello Kitty keeping as busy as ever — this time she collaborates with…money itself!2
- Gotta buy ‘em all! Whimsicott Substitute Plush Toys have taken over Pokémon Centers in Japan!3
- Steam Garden: Tokyo’s steampunk festival might be better than a Victorian time machine4
- Do clothes make the man or the man make the clothes? Japanese Twitter user tries to find out5
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time6
- Fushigi Yugi stage adaptation gets cast and schedule as Mysterious Play becomes a real one7
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”8
- Don’t miss these painfully cute photos of lawless cats invading your privacy【Photos】9
- Ninja-cats are hiding in homes around the world and we have 20 photos to prove it10
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”1
- Edo era Samurai were pretty gay2
- Attack on Titan’s Universal Studios Japan attraction opens3
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time4
- No more photo retouches! New makeup for cosplayers claims to create photo-perfect skin5
- Cross-dressing Cosplay Idol Group a Huge Hit in China6
- Disney Store is all grown up with new branch designed for adult women opening in Tokyo7
- The cat hairband, for when cat ears just aren’t enough8
- Creating your own custom etched glass is a lot simpler than you think9
- Dattebayo! 12 awesome cast photos from the upcoming Naruto live spectacular10
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”1
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing2
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】3
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones4
- Edo era Samurai were pretty gay5
- Ugly-cute makeup genius feeds off negative troll comments on Twitter6
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time7
- Teacher draws over students’ doodles to make red pen masterpieces8
- Photos of people lining up outside of the Sapporo Apple Store make us feel positively frozen9
- Netizens hatch adorable baby birds from supermarket eggs, provide evidence10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】5
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school6
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”7
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing8
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises9
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit10
- New magnetic “slate” lets you write on actual paper, digitize your drawings in real-time
- Fushigi Yugi stage adaptation gets cast and schedule as Mysterious Play becomes a real one
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”
- Don’t miss these painfully cute photos of lawless cats invading your privacy【Photos】
- Ninja-cats are hiding in homes around the world and we have 20 photos to prove it
- “I don’t have an Asian fetish” and Other Sh*t Foreigners Living in Japan Say
- When nature is so beautiful you can’t tell whether it’s real or a painting
- Web series’ anime arsenal expands with real-life version of Kill la Kill’s Scissor Blade【Video】
- The cat hairband, for when cat ears just aren’t enough
- Russian street turned into solid block of ice as water pipe bursts in northern town【Photos】
- Learn how to drink with Japanese people in this funny and informative YouTube series【Videos】
- Let’s take a tour of the best sushi in Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market with Mr. Sato! (Part 1)
- “If you are eating chocolate, how do you know where to stop?” – Being Black in China 【Video】