University life may not be quite how it appears in the countless teen comedies that Hollywood coughed up during the early noughties, but it can still be a lot of fun. And if these photos taken during an event at Kangwon National University’s recent campus festival are anything to go by, some colleges aren’t afraid to cross a few lines when it comes to having a good time.
In less than one week’s time, the doors of the Makurai Messe convention centre will be opened and Tokyo Game Show 2013 will begin. RocketNews24 will of course be heading along to play a few games on your behalf and bring you some of the most original and quirky news we can lay our eyes and ears on (we were warned about touching last year), and during a little research session this afternoon we stumbled upon none other than the official exhibitor map for Tokyo Game Show 2013, which was released earlier today.
Needless to say, the exhibitor list is positively enormous, with hundreds of booths filling eight halls (plus a separate area dedicated to indies and cosplay) with gaming goodness to be drooled over. Not only that, but Electronics Arts Japan has confirmed that forthcoming first-person shooter Battlefield 4 will also be playable on PlayStation 4 at the event.
The PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) Prime 2013 video game trade show kicks off at Seattle’s Washington State Convention Center this weekend, with all the big names in gaming (yes, even Nintendo!) turning up to flaunt their wares and give gamers the chance to play upcoming titles as well as get some hands-on time with their newest hardware. Sony, however, appears to be taking this opportunity to throw its weight around and recently published the absolutely enormous list of games they’re taking to the show, which goes some way to explaining why the company is commandeering most of the south-west corner of the show floor.
With the newest (and as always, highly anticipated) feature-length film from Studio Ghibli – The Wind Rises (Kaze Tachinu) — scheduled for release in Japan in less than a month, we’ve been seeing the anime production company’s name a lot in the news recently. Well, it appears that fans of Ghibli animes based near Vancouver, Canada, now have reason to be extra happy over the next month or so. Why? Because it’s going to be Ghibli Fest at The Cinematheque, the film society and cinema establishment located in Vancouver!
It’s been quite the day for vanquishing bullies here on RocketNews24. First we heard the story of a violent club host being arrested following outcry on the internet, and now a pro wrestling teenager has taken down a demon in an effort to raise awareness of the bullying in Japan’s schools.
As reported by Asahi Digital, in a special pro wrestling event held last Sunday in Kamigyou ward, Kyoto, a young man who once suffered at the hands of school bullies put on an incredible show by quite literally wrestling “The King of Bullies” to the ground.
- A Simple Approach to Understanding Women: a Japanese Guide1
- Apologizing Like a Japanese Woman: A Practical Guide2
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?3
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City4
- American chef perfectly captures the scrumptious soul of Japanese cuisine 【Video】5
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys6
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles7
- Days of thick smog leave Shanghai residents gasping for fresh air8
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide9
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour4
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts5
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer6
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car7
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent8
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director9
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- 92-year-old grandmother creates gorgeous traditional Japanese toys
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles
- Days of thick smog leave Shanghai residents gasping for fresh air
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!
- Fresh sushi for night owls at Osaka fish market’s midnight restaurant
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English
- Cross-dressing man in women-only train car causes controversy in Japan
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- An amazing 1,300-year old way of fishing involving birds diving underwater is going extinct