If a guy yells “Hey, fattie!” at you, the natural reaction from many girls would be a good slap in the face. But apparently when it comes from the perfect lips of a hot guy, it’s just motivation…
Located about 120 kilometers outside of the city of Huayin, Shaanxi province, Mount Hua is one of China’s Five Great Mountains. Certainly beautiful, the mountain has historically been a religious retreat for “strong-willed” monks able to find “the way” to the top on narrow pathways alongside gut-churning drops.
With tourism now booming in a more affluent China, the government has worked to improve access to the top of the mountain by widening the trail, adding railings and safety chains, and in general working to prevent hikers from experiencing a quick, unplanned descent to the bottom. Let’s find out what the dizzying location has to offer!
Apparently Japan is under the impression that Mattel’s Fijit Friends toy is actually America’s favorite new diet tool.
The below video – which we pray to God, Buddha and Zombie Jesus is a misguided parody of some kind – shows Japanese women going nuts over the new “fijiet” trend.
Quite common in Western countries, the concept of shared accommodation in Japan is still relatively new. However, according to Oak House, a guest house and apartment operator in Tokyo, such accommodation is gaining in popularity. Fifteen years ago, the company managed about 150 units; today that figure has risen to 2,300. Shunned by some as being inconvenient and a hassle, others are being drawn to added-value properties featuring amenities such as yoga studios and home theater facilities. Oak House said there is a waiting list of 100 people at its most popular location.
Shared accommodation also has the benefit of being cost effective as no key money (a mandatory, nonrefundable payment, typically equivalent to two months’ rent, given to the landlord for the privilege of being able to live in the unit) or security deposit (typically two months’ rent, and though technically refundable, is seldom returned in full as apartment cleaning fees and other expenses are deducted) are required. Additionally, furnishings are provided, something else that is not common in Japan, meaning initial outlays can be kept to a minimum.
With the popularity of this type of housing increasing, companies in Japan are concocting various inducements in an effort to draw in renters.
For those whose work has them chained to a desk, concerns about whether or not they are getting enough exercise often creep into their minds.
In Japan, it is estimated that an average adult male should burn about 2,000 calories a day while an adult female should use around 1,700 (numbers vary according to age and build). Even armed with that knowledge, many people still consume more calories than they burn by indulging in snacks between meals and eating excessively late into the night. A lot of desk jockeys are probably wondering what they should do to better their situation.
Well, there might be some good news. The number of calories burnt at the click of a mouse has recently been calculated.
Oh, Japan, we love you so much.
Morning stretches, or asa taisou, may look faintly ridiculous to many westerners, but it’s not uncommon for companies both large and small to have their entire staff standing up and performing a daily warmup routine each morning, often to music. Stroll past a construction site at around 8:30 a.m. and you’ll likely see a team of burly men wearing hard hats doing shoulder shrugs in unison or doing hip gyrations chanting one, two, three, four!
Just this morning, however, we at RocketNews24 witnessed perhaps the greatest example of morning stretch routines ever; a spectacle that had us chuckling, scratching out heads and finally nodding in agreement.
Prepare yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, for the Michinoku Librarian Union’s daily exercise routine!
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom1
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide2
- A Simple Approach to Understanding Women: a Japanese Guide3
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!4
- Red rain creeps out South Asia, intrigues scientists5
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English6
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City7
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?8
- Apologizing Like a Japanese Woman: A Practical Guide9
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour4
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts5
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer6
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car7
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent8
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director9
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong7
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?
- Apologizing Like a Japanese Woman: A Practical Guide
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】
- American chef perfectly captures the scrumptious soul of Japanese cuisine 【Video】
- First full-length trailer for live-action Kiki’s Delivery Service shows off sets, cast, new theme song
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad
- Days of thick smog leave Shanghai residents gasping for fresh air
- Fresh sushi for night owls at Osaka fish market’s midnight restaurant
- Cross-dressing man in women-only train car causes controversy in Japan
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!