Ever wanted to see the inside of a luxury aircraft, but don’t have the dough to make your dream a reality? One of our normally frugal writers decided to splurge and take a business class flight on an Emirates Airbus A380. Surprised by the wide array of perks the flight offered, she documented the best parts of the trip. Take a look at her photographs of the surprising amenities, like an inflight bar lounge and shower, which make this plane seem more like a hotel. It’s not quite the same as boarding the plane yourself, but unlike the flight, reading this article won’t cost you a penny and you’re free to move about the cabin at any time.
Don’t Forget Your ‘Wrap Towel’! Our Female Reporter Experiences Japanese Mixed Public Bathing for the First Time
- Andrew Miller
Dec 25, 2012
When it comes to mixed bathing in public, it is an experience that perhaps most of us are unfamiliar with. In many respects the aspect of unfamiliarity is only just the beginning; acting naturally around not only strangers, but those of the opposite-sex — whilst baring all, no less — is undeniably something that requires great courage! It is with such bravery that our female reporter, Tomoe, entered into a Japanese “konyoku” to experience what all the fuss was about first hand!
“Admittedly, the male bathers’ glances were something that played on my mind a little, however this in itself had its own element of fascination,” admits Tomoe.
Japanese site Livedoor News gave us a chuckle earlier this week when they presented a short article detailing how regular, everyday folk like you and me (when I’m not dining on roasted swan with the queen, that is) can take a ride in a Formula One racing car and experience every skeleton-crushing g-force and stomach-wrenching twist and turn for real.
In a video taken at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dabi, United Arab Emirates, we see the unfortunate passenger in the rear of a specially adapted 1999 model Tyrrell F1 car thrown about as the professional driver tears around the track, almost as if he’s trying his hardest to get his passenger to throw up a lung.
All we can say is: thank goodness she’s wearing a helmet.
- Philip Kendall
Dec 3, 2012
Just a few weeks ago, this writer excitedly introduced you to Omote 3D Shashin Kan, the new 3D photography and modelling studio in Tokyo that immortalizes customers as tiny, intricately detailed figurines for just a couple of hundred dollars apiece.
Despite wanting to head down to the fancy new studio myself and decorate my apartment with a collection of mini mes, after much discussion in the office and comments being made like “too handsome” and “they might not have enough plastic to model your nose,” the RocketNews24 crew decided it best to send reporting legend Mr. Sato to do the honours instead.
This is no ordinary photoshoot.
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman2
- Japanese critic shares his (kinda weird) views on Japanese vs Western adult entertainment3
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker4
- 【TBT】Tipping in Japan: Yes, it exists and it’s confusing5
- Toy Story’s Little Green Men arrive at Tokyo Disneyland in edible form, plus other new sweets6
- Our Japanese correspondent’s report from his first-ever San Diego Comic-Con7
- Luigi’s ‘death stare’ makes it into Japanese Mario Kart 8 commercial8
- No peripheral vision – Japan’s gamers sound off on hardware add-on nightmares9
- Toyokazu Nagano’s “Magic Road” – the funniest, most adorable photos you’ll see today10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- This man’s face left Chinese internet users in amazement, agony and confusion 【Photos】2
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman3
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!6
- More than one way to skin a cat? Japanese YouTuber shows how to “open” a cat with belly rubs7
- Is Attack on Titan a documentary? Mikasa spotted in Russia!8
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide9
- 12 beautiful Japanese train stations by the sea10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- 16 photos that show why Singapore has the world’s best airline8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Toy Story’s Little Green Men arrive at Tokyo Disneyland in edible form, plus other new sweets
- Our Japanese correspondent’s report from his first-ever San Diego Comic-Con
- Luigi’s ‘death stare’ makes it into Japanese Mario Kart 8 commercial
- No peripheral vision – Japan’s gamers sound off on hardware add-on nightmares
- Toyokazu Nagano’s “Magic Road” – the funniest, most adorable photos you’ll see today
- Actress/sexpert Aya Sugimoto founds organization for animal welfare in Japan
- Japanese Twitter users report an increase in ninja cat sightings as summer settles in【Photos】
- Pikachu, we eat you! – A visit to Tokyo’s Pokémon restaurant
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- Summer in China means crazy-crowded pools, which somehow mean fun for some easy-going swimmers
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break
- Korean drama advances slap technology with ancient Korean recipe
- Pikachu’s dramatic decline in popularity captured in photos