Ever wanted to see the inside of a luxury aircraft, but don’t have the dough to make your dream a reality? One of our normally frugal writers decided to splurge and take a business class flight on an Emirates Airbus A380. Surprised by the wide array of perks the flight offered, she documented the best parts of the trip. Take a look at her photographs of the surprising amenities, like an inflight bar lounge and shower, which make this plane seem more like a hotel. It’s not quite the same as boarding the plane yourself, but unlike the flight, reading this article won’t cost you a penny and you’re free to move about the cabin at any time.
Don’t Forget Your ‘Wrap Towel’! Our Female Reporter Experiences Japanese Mixed Public Bathing for the First Time
Dec 25, 2012
When it comes to mixed bathing in public, it is an experience that perhaps most of us are unfamiliar with. In many respects the aspect of unfamiliarity is only just the beginning; acting naturally around not only strangers, but those of the opposite-sex — whilst baring all, no less — is undeniably something that requires great courage! It is with such bravery that our female reporter, Tomoe, entered into a Japanese “konyoku” to experience what all the fuss was about first hand!
“Admittedly, the male bathers’ glances were something that played on my mind a little, however this in itself had its own element of fascination,” admits Tomoe.
Japanese site Livedoor News gave us a chuckle earlier this week when they presented a short article detailing how regular, everyday folk like you and me (when I’m not dining on roasted swan with the queen, that is) can take a ride in a Formula One racing car and experience every skeleton-crushing g-force and stomach-wrenching twist and turn for real.
In a video taken at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dabi, United Arab Emirates, we see the unfortunate passenger in the rear of a specially adapted 1999 model Tyrrell F1 car thrown about as the professional driver tears around the track, almost as if he’s trying his hardest to get his passenger to throw up a lung.
All we can say is: thank goodness she’s wearing a helmet.
Dec 3, 2012
Just a few weeks ago, this writer excitedly introduced you to Omote 3D Shashin Kan, the new 3D photography and modelling studio in Tokyo that immortalizes customers as tiny, intricately detailed figurines for just a couple of hundred dollars apiece.
Despite wanting to head down to the fancy new studio myself and decorate my apartment with a collection of mini mes, after much discussion in the office and comments being made like “too handsome” and “they might not have enough plastic to model your nose,” the RocketNews24 crew decided it best to send reporting legend Mr. Sato to do the honours instead.
This is no ordinary photoshoot.
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】1
- Japan’s 10 best ryokan inns and top 10 hotels, as chosen by foreign visitors2
- Guy asks Twitter to decode late uncle’s encrypted message, gets results in matter of hours3
- Twitter artist reimagines 64 pokémon as “Substitute” plushies to adorable results4
- Super-hot female member of real life superhero group captures Japanese hearts5
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village6
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?7
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs8
- Young man’s clever use of an umbrella saves injured kitten9
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar10
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute7
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US8
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile9
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs
- Young man’s clever use of an umbrella saves injured kitten
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!
- Foreigner cyclist pulls a Gandalf, stands up to driver using bike lane in Beijing
- Turn desk time into battle time with this gloriously unnecessary replica Mega Man helmet!
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony
- We test the mayonnaise hair pack, plus give vegetable and olive oil a shot, and the winner is…
- Zao Fox Village: Where all your cutes are belong to us
- Free to download Japanese marriage applications are cute, stylish, and legally binding
- You’re not seeing things, that’s a cat selling roasted sweet potatoes