On 1 July, Tokyo Metropolitan Police announced the arrest of 53-year-old Yuri Hamajima on suspicion of disturbing the peace. If proven guilty this will come as a relief to Ms. Hamajima’s neighbors who woke up every morning for six months wondering if a pile of human excrement was waiting outside their home.
Dec 29, 2012
Ttongsul, or “feces wine”, is a traditional Korean beverage made from soaking human feces and medicinal herbs in soju alcohol for three to four months until it ferments.
Regular readers of our site may know that we managed to acquire two bottles of ttongsul earlier this year. This may have been a bit too much. While ttongsul doesn’t necessarily taste bad, it’s still poo and you don’t really feel inclined to knock it back like your nightly glass of scotch.
So here we are with several liters of feces wine that no one in the office wants to drink, the problem being that everyone knows what the stuff is made from. What does RocketNews24 do? Find five cute Japanese girls who have never heard of ttongsul, have them drink it for us, and then tell them there’s human feces in it after, or course!
As reported last week, RocketNews24 recently brought back two bottles of Ttongsul, or “feces wine,” from South Korea.
After running the story on our Japanese site, we received a fair bit of criticism from our Korean readers, who insisted that Ttongsul no longer existed in the country and this is just something Japan contrived to smear “mud” on Korea’s good name.
Getting our hands on the beverage was certainly no easy task, and we can tell you for certain that you won’t find bottles of it being sold on the shelves of Korean supermarkets. We imagine most Koreans today have never laid eyes nor lips on the beverage, nor would they want to.
Yet, believe it or not, here we are with two bottles of feces wine and only one thing left to do: serve a glass to the cutest girl in our office.
- Oh no, osechi! Why don’t young people in Japan like eating traditional New Year’s dishes?1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- Casual cosplay: for those who want to dress the part 365 days a year【Photos】3
- Japanese dictionary removes heteronormative definitions of love and sex4
- Japanese model builder wins at Gundam, makes a 3D model look like a flat drawing5
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village6
- Free to download Japanese marriage applications are cute, stylish, and legally binding7
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】8
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so9
- Young man’s clever use of an umbrella saves injured kitten10
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours2
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!3
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick4
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute5
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters6
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer7
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so8
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world9
- Can you spot the problem that led to the recall of this otherwise cute Japanese New Year’s card?10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】4
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea10
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village
- Free to download Japanese marriage applications are cute, stylish, and legally binding
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so
- Young man’s clever use of an umbrella saves injured kitten
- Store employee uses barcode scanner to defeat knife-wielding robber
- “Hello Kitty Park” in China is set to open on New Year’s Day!
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence
- Jibanyan, Japan chooses you! Pikachu trampled beneath paws of Youkai Watch mascot
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”
- Tokyo’s Rikugien garden: Beautiful for 300 years, but especially in autumn after dark
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs
- Zao Fox Village: Where all your cutes are belong to us
- Japan’s prince of tennis gets his own Prince of Tennis manga portrait