No Photoshopping or camera manipulation needed in this ingeniously creative idea.
Jun 24, 2015
Anyone who is a frequent traveler has probably had their share of ups and downs when flying. But just how far would you go to make an airline pay for a minor inconvenience?
One Mr. GRK Reddy, an Indian businessmen, felt that he was so damaged by Singapore Airlines’ sudden decision to downgrade him from business to economy class back in 2011 that he decided to take legal action against the airline, demanding compensation of approximately US$83,000.
Four years later, Mr Reddy has finally been awarded his compensation, but it’s slightly less than the amount he originally requested…
Apr 21, 2015
Everyone loves a good themed Instagram account. Especially when the subject matter is both simple and intriguing. It doesn’t hurt when the photographer has a great eye for framing a shot, either. And if you throw a hint of cuteness in there, you’re practically guaranteed followers.
Take Instagram user halno‘s account, which features a plethora of beautiful shots of himself and friends leaping gleefully into the air with a broomstick jammed between their knees. This “Japanese Harry Potter” has over 263,000 Instagram followers who can’t get enough of his adorably goofy aerial antics!
Nov 12, 2014
Introducing wingsuit flying, perhaps the most daring, adrenaline-inducing extreme sport ever to be performed on this planet.
“Wait, that kind of thing actually exists? Where can I join in the fun?” is what some of our more adventurous readers may be thinking right now. Well, we can confidently say that the sport exists – and already has quite the following, for that matter – though we’re not so sure about the fun part. Either way, you may want to check out just how crazy the competition is before you sign up for next year’s world event…
Oct 8, 2014
If you’re like us here at RocketNews24, you probably don’t spend a lot of time sitting in first class on airplanes. The cabin attendants always seem so grumpy when they have to come around with brooms and shoo us to the back of the plane where our seats are.
Aside from the legroom and complimentary champagne (or whatever first class fliers get), there is one other big difference between sitting at the front and in the back in economy: Your fellow passengers. Now, don’t get us wrong, everyone cramped in the back with us is great…but have you ever wondered what those fancy-shmancy passengers are like? Well, wonder no more! A Japanese cabin attendant has dished on the top six things she’s noticed about the wealthier passengers. And none of them are what you might be expecting.
Holy cow, it’s Friday already! It’s been a busy week of controversy, Presidential sushi, more controversy, and just a little bit about huge penises over here at your ever faithful RocketNews24. We’re exhausted from the last few days–and we bet you’re tired from working and/or studying, too. You might even need a little pick-me-up so that you can enjoy the weekend properly. Well, we have just what the doctor ordered!
With shades of Minority Report, Japanese security services company SECOM unveiled an autonomous flying crime-prevention robot to the press on December 26. Basically a flying surveillance camera, the robot is the first of its kind in the world to be offered for private security use. Shuji Maeda, SECOM’s president, said he hoped to make the device available in 2014.
It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…No, It’s a Salaryman! Photo Album Featuring Flying Japanese Office Workers On Sale Now!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Dec 6, 2012
Ah the life of a “salaryman” (that’s Japanese-made English for “office worker”). Get up early, commute for an hour, work all day, continue into unpaid overtime, be forced to go out for late night drinks with your boss, drag yourself home, and do it all again the next day. These workaholics need some way to relieve their stress and you’d be hard pressed to find a more creative stress-relieving technique than flying through the air.
Presenting Flying Has Changed My Life – Solaryman, a strange compilation of photographs featuring salarymen flying throughout Japan.
- Japanese rock star Hyde’s Harley Quinn Halloween costume is the best we’ve seen this year1
- Former yakuza leader arrested for shaking down friend made while playing Pokémon GO2
- Anime hit Your Name to get Academy Award-qualifying U.S. theatrical run this year3
- 10 places in Japan so beautiful it’s practically hard to take a bad picture while you’re there4
- Japan’s most beautiful breasts chosen as winner of Bioppai Contest 2016 is selected 【Video】5
- Delve into Japanese lesbian manga with new book “The Introduction to the World of Yuri”6
- Cats in Japan still unable to resist destroying sliding paper doors in most dramatic way possible7
- Japanese burger chain celebrates American election with a bun shake and Trump and Clinton burgers8
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 budget Japanese Halloween costumes 【Weird Top Five】9
- Adorably derpy chipmunk popping up and down in bag drives internet nuts with cuteness 【Video】10
- Japan’s most beautiful breasts chosen as winner of Bioppai Contest 2016 is selected 【Video】1
- PlayStation VR user finds, shares ways of peeping at panties in schoolgirl tutor game【Video】2
- This Michigan Starbucks barista looks just like a Final Fantasy character3
- New Pokémon Mimikyu gets social media campaign, official song to help it make friends 【Video】4
- English hot spring manners poster is so thorough, even Japanese people are learning from it5
- Tokyo Comic-Con explicitly prohibits men from cosplaying as female characters6
- 10 places in Japan so beautiful it’s practically hard to take a bad picture while you’re there7
- TV series of Japanese swimsuit models stripping off samurai armor now has photo album, DVD【Vids】8
- Junior high student in China trapped in elevator for five hours, grateful for time to do homework9
- To ask or not to ask: The etiquette and law of using convenience store restrooms in Japan10
- Modern samurai coats from Japan are back for winter with new colors, fabrics, and paired pants1
- Japan’s most beautiful breasts chosen as winner of Bioppai Contest 2016 is selected 【Video】2
- Japanese men showing an increasing fondness for women they call “penguin girls”3
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests4
- Japan’s AI schoolgirl has fallen into a suicidal depression in latest blog post5
- Beautiful cherry blossom-shaped Japanese pencils have a special surprise when sharpened6
- This Michigan Starbucks barista looks just like a Final Fantasy character7
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away8
- Internet goes crazy for custom-made desk built by Japanese animator9
- Fix wet pages in notebooks with this simple lifehack from Japan!10
- Pokémon Go in Japan: 7 top sightseeing spots where you can catch Pokémon in Tokyo1
- Japanese photographer stumbles into “forbidden forest,” finds village of creepy statues【Pics】2
- Modern samurai coats from Japan are back for winter with new colors, fabrics, and paired pants3
- Japan’s most beautiful breasts chosen as winner of Bioppai Contest 2016 is selected 【Video】4
- Japanese men showing an increasing fondness for women they call “penguin girls”5
- Anybody want to live rent-free in a house in a Japanese beach town for two years?6
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests7
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】8
- Japan’s AI schoolgirl has fallen into a suicidal depression in latest blog post9
- Ash is going to look very different in the new Pokémon anime arc【Video】10
- Delve into Japanese lesbian manga with new book “The Introduction to the World of Yuri”
- Cats in Japan still unable to resist destroying sliding paper doors in most dramatic way possible
- Japanese burger chain celebrates American election with a bun shake and Trump and Clinton burgers
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 budget Japanese Halloween costumes 【Weird Top Five】
- Adorably derpy chipmunk popping up and down in bag drives internet nuts with cuteness 【Video】
- Tokyo junior high school demands students wear white underwear as part of dress code
- Male teacher in China cosplays as female characters, gets discovered by his own student
- Japan’s fantasy sword tweezers are now officially on sale, available online
- Move over, Double Down! KFC has a crazy new way to deliver chicken in the form of the Chizza
- Tokyo Disneyland allows cosplay for Halloween but prohibits non-Disney character costumes
- Male-to-Female Cosplayers and Japan’s Cross-Dressing Double Standard
- The top-ranked restaurants in Japan, Asia and the world!
- Japanese politician pushing to double price of cigarettes in Japan by start of 2020 Olympics