No need to go to Universal Studios when you have a crane and a piece of timber.
Aug 17, 2016
No Photoshopping or camera manipulation needed in this ingeniously creative idea.
Jun 24, 2015
Anyone who is a frequent traveler has probably had their share of ups and downs when flying. But just how far would you go to make an airline pay for a minor inconvenience?
One Mr. GRK Reddy, an Indian businessmen, felt that he was so damaged by Singapore Airlines’ sudden decision to downgrade him from business to economy class back in 2011 that he decided to take legal action against the airline, demanding compensation of approximately US$83,000.
Four years later, Mr Reddy has finally been awarded his compensation, but it’s slightly less than the amount he originally requested…
Apr 21, 2015
Everyone loves a good themed Instagram account. Especially when the subject matter is both simple and intriguing. It doesn’t hurt when the photographer has a great eye for framing a shot, either. And if you throw a hint of cuteness in there, you’re practically guaranteed followers.
Take Instagram user halno‘s account, which features a plethora of beautiful shots of himself and friends leaping gleefully into the air with a broomstick jammed between their knees. This “Japanese Harry Potter” has over 263,000 Instagram followers who can’t get enough of his adorably goofy aerial antics!
Nov 12, 2014
Introducing wingsuit flying, perhaps the most daring, adrenaline-inducing extreme sport ever to be performed on this planet.
“Wait, that kind of thing actually exists? Where can I join in the fun?” is what some of our more adventurous readers may be thinking right now. Well, we can confidently say that the sport exists – and already has quite the following, for that matter – though we’re not so sure about the fun part. Either way, you may want to check out just how crazy the competition is before you sign up for next year’s world event…
Oct 8, 2014
If you’re like us here at RocketNews24, you probably don’t spend a lot of time sitting in first class on airplanes. The cabin attendants always seem so grumpy when they have to come around with brooms and shoo us to the back of the plane where our seats are.
Aside from the legroom and complimentary champagne (or whatever first class fliers get), there is one other big difference between sitting at the front and in the back in economy: Your fellow passengers. Now, don’t get us wrong, everyone cramped in the back with us is great…but have you ever wondered what those fancy-shmancy passengers are like? Well, wonder no more! A Japanese cabin attendant has dished on the top six things she’s noticed about the wealthier passengers. And none of them are what you might be expecting.
Holy cow, it’s Friday already! It’s been a busy week of controversy, Presidential sushi, more controversy, and just a little bit about huge penises over here at your ever faithful RocketNews24. We’re exhausted from the last few days–and we bet you’re tired from working and/or studying, too. You might even need a little pick-me-up so that you can enjoy the weekend properly. Well, we have just what the doctor ordered!
With shades of Minority Report, Japanese security services company SECOM unveiled an autonomous flying crime-prevention robot to the press on December 26. Basically a flying surveillance camera, the robot is the first of its kind in the world to be offered for private security use. Shuji Maeda, SECOM’s president, said he hoped to make the device available in 2014.
It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…No, It’s a Salaryman! Photo Album Featuring Flying Japanese Office Workers On Sale Now!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Dec 6, 2012
Ah the life of a “salaryman” (that’s Japanese-made English for “office worker”). Get up early, commute for an hour, work all day, continue into unpaid overtime, be forced to go out for late night drinks with your boss, drag yourself home, and do it all again the next day. These workaholics need some way to relieve their stress and you’d be hard pressed to find a more creative stress-relieving technique than flying through the air.
Presenting Flying Has Changed My Life – Solaryman, a strange compilation of photographs featuring salarymen flying throughout Japan.
- Japanese government looking for people to join new official “Your Name” anime pilgrimage tour1
- Hayao Miyazaki interview quote surfaces explaining why anime’s Nausicaa has large breasts2
- We investigate Tokyo’s “haunted” phone booth in Mizumoto Park3
- Japanese shrine maidens in Osaka spotted wearing unusual costumes during winter4
- National Garden employee says he let 160,000 foreigners in for free because he was scared of them5
- Sakura 2017: Japan Meteorological Corporation releases first national cherry blossom forecast6
- “Japan’s USA” catches flak for celebrating Trump inauguration7
- Female anime fans reveal the Studio Ghibli character they most want to date in real life8
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year9
- Traditional Japanese kimono patterns meet chocolate with stunning and sweet results10
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year1
- Sakura 2017: Japan Meteorological Corporation releases first national cherry blossom forecast2
- Official English version of anime Your Name’s theme song sounds cool as Japanese original【Video】3
- The 10 most attractive Japanese women’s names, as chosen by dating app users4
- Japanese convenience store serves up steamed buns…with a whole custard pudding inside5
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most hilarious Japanese euphemisms 【Weird Top Five】6
- This Japanese Pokémon fan comic about Gyarados in love has us crying water-type tears7
- We investigate Tokyo’s most haunted spot, Kohoku Bridge8
- National Garden employee says he let 160,000 foreigners in for free because he was scared of them9
- How expensive is the Nintendo Switch, really? Japanese Twitter compares it to 35 other consoles10
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year1
- “Nurse Goldfish” in Hokkaido amazingly appears to help disabled friend eat every time2
- Skip the peace sign – Security researcher cautions against striking Japan’s favorite picture pose3
- U.S. university has “Reading and Writing About Magical Girls” as introductory English course4
- Sakura 2017: Japan Meteorological Corporation releases first national cherry blossom forecast5
- Kodansha Manga Magazine Editor Arrested for Wife’s Murder (Updated)6
- Small-breasted Japanese women sound off on common thoughts and experiences of sub-busty life7
- “I Like Orange Juice!” Piko Taro releases new single that’s just as ridiculous as PPAP 【Video】8
- Have a moving Hatsune Miku come to life inside your computer desktop background9
- Heavy snowfall in Kyoto creates scenes of breathtaking beauty at tourist sites around the city10
- Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump reportedly to be appointed next ambassador to Japan1
- Japanese fan blown away by J.K. Rowling’s reaction to his Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts drawing2
- Ryuk from Death Note performs Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen in official release video3
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year4
- Japanese mayor pledges to open onsen amusement park if this hilarious video gets a million views5
- One-finger selfie challenge is the boldest Internet craze yet6
- Tokyo’s Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen Cafe is now open, and we stopped by for a PPAP meal!7
- 15 times when Japanese cosplayers forgot part of their costumes and found genius solutions【Pics】8
- “Nurse Goldfish” in Hokkaido amazingly appears to help disabled friend eat every time9
- Skip the peace sign – Security researcher cautions against striking Japan’s favorite picture pose10
- Sakura 2017: Japan Meteorological Corporation releases first national cherry blossom forecast
- “Japan’s USA” catches flak for celebrating Trump inauguration
- Female anime fans reveal the Studio Ghibli character they most want to date in real life
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year
- Traditional Japanese kimono patterns meet chocolate with stunning and sweet results
- Anime fans pick which Ghibli heroine they’d like to have as a girlfriend
- Rilakkuma appears in Japan as a 24-karat solid gold charm with a diamond belly button
- This Japanese Pokémon fan comic about Gyarados in love has us crying water-type tears
- KFC releases luxury Japanese-style teriyaki hamburg steak burgers
- Narita Airport shuttle buses – Cheaper than the train, but which bus is best?
- Japanese Twitter’s coolest song right now is based on the McDonald’s deep fryer chime【Video】
- City that inspired settings in hit anime “Your Name” sees unbelievable boost in tourist dollars