No need to go to Universal Studios when you have a crane and a piece of timber.
Aug 17, 2016
No Photoshopping or camera manipulation needed in this ingeniously creative idea.
Jun 24, 2015
Anyone who is a frequent traveler has probably had their share of ups and downs when flying. But just how far would you go to make an airline pay for a minor inconvenience?
One Mr. GRK Reddy, an Indian businessmen, felt that he was so damaged by Singapore Airlines’ sudden decision to downgrade him from business to economy class back in 2011 that he decided to take legal action against the airline, demanding compensation of approximately US$83,000.
Four years later, Mr Reddy has finally been awarded his compensation, but it’s slightly less than the amount he originally requested…
Apr 21, 2015
Everyone loves a good themed Instagram account. Especially when the subject matter is both simple and intriguing. It doesn’t hurt when the photographer has a great eye for framing a shot, either. And if you throw a hint of cuteness in there, you’re practically guaranteed followers.
Take Instagram user halno‘s account, which features a plethora of beautiful shots of himself and friends leaping gleefully into the air with a broomstick jammed between their knees. This “Japanese Harry Potter” has over 263,000 Instagram followers who can’t get enough of his adorably goofy aerial antics!
Nov 12, 2014
Introducing wingsuit flying, perhaps the most daring, adrenaline-inducing extreme sport ever to be performed on this planet.
“Wait, that kind of thing actually exists? Where can I join in the fun?” is what some of our more adventurous readers may be thinking right now. Well, we can confidently say that the sport exists – and already has quite the following, for that matter – though we’re not so sure about the fun part. Either way, you may want to check out just how crazy the competition is before you sign up for next year’s world event…
Oct 8, 2014
If you’re like us here at RocketNews24, you probably don’t spend a lot of time sitting in first class on airplanes. The cabin attendants always seem so grumpy when they have to come around with brooms and shoo us to the back of the plane where our seats are.
Aside from the legroom and complimentary champagne (or whatever first class fliers get), there is one other big difference between sitting at the front and in the back in economy: Your fellow passengers. Now, don’t get us wrong, everyone cramped in the back with us is great…but have you ever wondered what those fancy-shmancy passengers are like? Well, wonder no more! A Japanese cabin attendant has dished on the top six things she’s noticed about the wealthier passengers. And none of them are what you might be expecting.
Holy cow, it’s Friday already! It’s been a busy week of controversy, Presidential sushi, more controversy, and just a little bit about huge penises over here at your ever faithful RocketNews24. We’re exhausted from the last few days–and we bet you’re tired from working and/or studying, too. You might even need a little pick-me-up so that you can enjoy the weekend properly. Well, we have just what the doctor ordered!
With shades of Minority Report, Japanese security services company SECOM unveiled an autonomous flying crime-prevention robot to the press on December 26. Basically a flying surveillance camera, the robot is the first of its kind in the world to be offered for private security use. Shuji Maeda, SECOM’s president, said he hoped to make the device available in 2014.
It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…No, It’s a Salaryman! Photo Album Featuring Flying Japanese Office Workers On Sale Now!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Dec 6, 2012
Ah the life of a “salaryman” (that’s Japanese-made English for “office worker”). Get up early, commute for an hour, work all day, continue into unpaid overtime, be forced to go out for late night drinks with your boss, drag yourself home, and do it all again the next day. These workaholics need some way to relieve their stress and you’d be hard pressed to find a more creative stress-relieving technique than flying through the air.
Presenting Flying Has Changed My Life – Solaryman, a strange compilation of photographs featuring salarymen flying throughout Japan.
- Avengers film’s Japan scenes look just like the real Japan…if you haven’t spent much time there1
- Sexy Japanese actress strokes turtle head in tourism promotion video drawing complaints【Video】2
- Japanese writing system gets turned into handsome anime men with Hiragana Boys video game3
- McDonald’s Japan has free smiles on its delivery menu, but does asking for one make a difference?4
- Now you can buy cough-drop flavoured Kit Kats in Japan5
- Japanese idol singer has an important request for fans: Please use deodorant6
- 5 weird and wonderful Tokyo cafés worth a visit, perfect for breaking the ice on first dates7
- Proof that Japanese Twitter users have Dragon Quest on the brain 【Pictures】8
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests9
- Upcoming romance film wants to eat your pancreas 【Video】10
- Please don’t make the stupid mistake of taking an “abandoned” bike for a ride in Japan1
- Misleading Japanese weight-loss flyer slims your body along with your room too2
- Pokémon terrariums let you feel like you’ve got Pikachu, Eevee, and other Pocket Monsters as pets3
- The secret undo codes for Japanese elevator floor buttons4
- Japan’s cuddly kitty pouches will fill your heart with love as you fill them with other stuff5
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests6
- Michelin star-winning ramen can now be bought nationwide in cup noodle form7
- Pikachu Outbreak event causes growing pains for Yokohama8
- Hokkaido wild marijuana removal efforts can’t keep up with rate of growth9
- Japanese idol singer has an important request for fans: Please use deodorant10
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】1
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan2
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down3
- Ivanaka Trump posts photo of Filipino snack at daughter’s birthday party, confuses the Internet4
- Creeps bugging saleswomen at anime convention? Here’s a clever plan to discreetly call for help5
- In Hokkaido there’s weed, weed everywhere, but not a drop to smoke6
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】7
- Japanese high school boy wows netizens with his cute girl-next-door looks8
- A century’s worth of Japanese beauty trends, from silver screen chic to puffy-eyed catharsis9
- Want big breasts? We try the Japanese optical illusion shirt that gives anyone a large bust10
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study1
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】2
- Nintendo says there are no game overs, EVER, in upcoming Super Mario Odyssey3
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads4
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan5
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】6
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down7
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year8
- Malaysian man pays over US$46,000 to look like Final Fantasy’s Squall Leonhart【Photos】9
- American woman arrested after throwing away massive supply of bullets in Tokyo airport trash can10
- Japanese idol singer has an important request for fans: Please use deodorant
- 5 weird and wonderful Tokyo cafés worth a visit, perfect for breaking the ice on first dates
- Proof that Japanese Twitter users have Dragon Quest on the brain 【Pictures】
- Hana Komon: Japan’s beautiful, samurai-style floral birthday crests
- Upcoming romance film wants to eat your pancreas 【Video】
- Japanese organization wants stricter regulations against people smoking on their own balconies
- Forget coffee breaks, science says take video game breaks!
- Michelin star-winning ramen can now be bought nationwide in cup noodle form
- 35 fascinating photos of Korea from 100 years ago (before K-dramas took over Asia)
- Japanese idol reveals disgusting secret about stuffed animals she’s received from fans
- Pikachu Outbreak event causes growing pains for Yokohama