No Photoshopping or camera manipulation needed in this ingeniously creative idea.
Jun 24, 2015
Anyone who is a frequent traveler has probably had their share of ups and downs when flying. But just how far would you go to make an airline pay for a minor inconvenience?
One Mr. GRK Reddy, an Indian businessmen, felt that he was so damaged by Singapore Airlines’ sudden decision to downgrade him from business to economy class back in 2011 that he decided to take legal action against the airline, demanding compensation of approximately US$83,000.
Four years later, Mr Reddy has finally been awarded his compensation, but it’s slightly less than the amount he originally requested…
Apr 21, 2015
Everyone loves a good themed Instagram account. Especially when the subject matter is both simple and intriguing. It doesn’t hurt when the photographer has a great eye for framing a shot, either. And if you throw a hint of cuteness in there, you’re practically guaranteed followers.
Take Instagram user halno‘s account, which features a plethora of beautiful shots of himself and friends leaping gleefully into the air with a broomstick jammed between their knees. This “Japanese Harry Potter” has over 263,000 Instagram followers who can’t get enough of his adorably goofy aerial antics!
Nov 12, 2014
Introducing wingsuit flying, perhaps the most daring, adrenaline-inducing extreme sport ever to be performed on this planet.
“Wait, that kind of thing actually exists? Where can I join in the fun?” is what some of our more adventurous readers may be thinking right now. Well, we can confidently say that the sport exists – and already has quite the following, for that matter – though we’re not so sure about the fun part. Either way, you may want to check out just how crazy the competition is before you sign up for next year’s world event…
Oct 8, 2014
If you’re like us here at RocketNews24, you probably don’t spend a lot of time sitting in first class on airplanes. The cabin attendants always seem so grumpy when they have to come around with brooms and shoo us to the back of the plane where our seats are.
Aside from the legroom and complimentary champagne (or whatever first class fliers get), there is one other big difference between sitting at the front and in the back in economy: Your fellow passengers. Now, don’t get us wrong, everyone cramped in the back with us is great…but have you ever wondered what those fancy-shmancy passengers are like? Well, wonder no more! A Japanese cabin attendant has dished on the top six things she’s noticed about the wealthier passengers. And none of them are what you might be expecting.
Holy cow, it’s Friday already! It’s been a busy week of controversy, Presidential sushi, more controversy, and just a little bit about huge penises over here at your ever faithful RocketNews24. We’re exhausted from the last few days–and we bet you’re tired from working and/or studying, too. You might even need a little pick-me-up so that you can enjoy the weekend properly. Well, we have just what the doctor ordered!
With shades of Minority Report, Japanese security services company SECOM unveiled an autonomous flying crime-prevention robot to the press on December 26. Basically a flying surveillance camera, the robot is the first of its kind in the world to be offered for private security use. Shuji Maeda, SECOM’s president, said he hoped to make the device available in 2014.
It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…No, It’s a Salaryman! Photo Album Featuring Flying Japanese Office Workers On Sale Now!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Dec 6, 2012
Ah the life of a “salaryman” (that’s Japanese-made English for “office worker”). Get up early, commute for an hour, work all day, continue into unpaid overtime, be forced to go out for late night drinks with your boss, drag yourself home, and do it all again the next day. These workaholics need some way to relieve their stress and you’d be hard pressed to find a more creative stress-relieving technique than flying through the air.
Presenting Flying Has Changed My Life – Solaryman, a strange compilation of photographs featuring salarymen flying throughout Japan.
- Why does it take so long for Japanese trains to start running again after an accident?1
- We made actual curry with McDonald’s Singapore’s curry sauce because we had 200 packets of them2
- Dress up as a shrine priestess in the comfort of your own home, with one-piece miko loungewear3
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 ridiculous details of Japanese office tea 【Weird Top Five】4
- An English cover of the title song from Your Name hits all the right notes【Video】5
- Never stand in line again: Nissan releases ProPILOT self-queuing, self-moving chairs 【Videos】6
- New Shiba Inu goods from Felissimo Japan include squishy faces and cute dog bottoms7
- Should you say “Itadakimasu,” Japan’s pre-meal expression of thanks, when eating by yourself?8
- Japan’s Kodo taiko group creates awesome new performance with 3D sound technology9
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】10
- Woman kills self jumping onto train tracks, delay causes conductor to jump off tracks at other station1
- Increasing number of women leave rice behind at revolving sushi train restaurants in Japan2
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】3
- Catchy tune “Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen” takes the world by storm4
- Japanese collector buys one of the most expensive and exclusive life-sized figurines ever made5
- Cute cat fights yearning desire to eat food on table with adorable results【Video】6
- Watch a super hot ball of iron get dropped onto an ice cube, because why not?7
- Following sexism complaints, Japanese porn star boob-touching charity event adds male chests8
- Turn rough sketches into crisp digital line art with free web service from Waseda University9
- J-pop megastar Utada Hikaru previews new song, hikes Japanese Alps in beautiful videos【Video】10
- Japanese photographer stumbles into “forbidden forest,” finds village of creepy statues【Pics】1
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】2
- Ash is going to look very different in the new Pokémon anime arc【Video】3
- Survey reveals why Japanese players quit Pokémon GO, and it’s likely not for the reason you think4
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down5
- Amazing exhibition of Japan’s legendary “cursed katana” is going on right now【Photos】6
- Worst Kung Fu fight ever breaks out on street in China7
- Nintendo’s been hiding a secret about Pokémon’s Snorlax for 20 years 【Video】8
- Japan’s kimono-style bra and panties bring traditional motif to modern lingerie design【Photos】9
- Canadian YouTuber explains why she quit working on Japanese TV10
- Pokémon Go in Japan: 7 top sightseeing spots where you can catch Pokémon in Tokyo1
- Japanese photographer stumbles into “forbidden forest,” finds village of creepy statues【Pics】2
- Anybody want to live rent-free in a house in a Japanese beach town for two years?3
- How to hatch your Pokémon GO eggs without taking a single step4
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】5
- Ash is going to look very different in the new Pokémon anime arc【Video】6
- Japanese cat who can’t sleep unless it chats with owner melts hearts across the Internet7
- Survey reveals why Japanese players quit Pokémon GO, and it’s likely not for the reason you think8
- Poké-feels: Sibling visits grave of younger brother who loved Pikachu, gets tear-jerking surprise9
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down10
- Never stand in line again: Nissan releases ProPILOT self-queuing, self-moving chairs 【Videos】
- New Shiba Inu goods from Felissimo Japan include squishy faces and cute dog bottoms
- Should you say “Itadakimasu,” Japan’s pre-meal expression of thanks, when eating by yourself?
- Japan’s Kodo taiko group creates awesome new performance with 3D sound technology
- A Silent Voice, anime film about bullied deaf girl, has an emotional new trailer【Video】
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】
- Nissin offers chance to try rare cans of fresh, non-instant cup noodles in huge giveaway
- Woman kills self jumping onto train tracks, delay causes conductor to jump off tracks at other station
- Turn rough sketches into crisp digital line art with free web service from Waseda University
- JoJo’s Bizzarre Adventure Part 4 coming to theaters in 2017 as live action movie!
- Shin Godzilla resurges in Tokyo with extended residency at cafe and new limited-edition ice cream