Halloween may be over for this year, but the weather gods in Saitama clearly hadn’t got the message on Wednesday morning this week, as the city was shrouded in a mysterious thick fog - with an even more mysterious name!
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Mar 16, 2014
Akashi Kaikyō Bridge, often referred to as “Pearl Bridge”, was completely engulfed in thick fog on Thursday, creating an otherworldly scene. The featured image above has been retweeted over 5,000 times and reminds many netizens of the movie, The Mist. It also has everyone wondering just what is hiding in the thick clouds.
Any frequent traveler has no doubt had their share of flight delays, be it due to mechanical errors or weather conditions. It certainly sucks, but it’s not the end of the world.
However, an extremely long delay coupled with poor communication between China’s Kunming Changshui International Airport staff and their customers put thousands of angry passengers on the brink of full-scale rioting.
According to reports from Chinese media, the civil order steadily began to deteriorate as if the airport bar was manned by that ghost from The Shining serving up glasses of madness to all his customers.
It all began on January 3…
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】1
- Japan’s 10 best ryokan inns and top 10 hotels, as chosen by foreign visitors2
- Guy asks Twitter to decode late uncle’s encrypted message, gets results in matter of hours3
- Twitter artist reimagines 64 pokémon as “Substitute” plushies to adorable results4
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs5
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!6
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?7
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village8
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”9
- Super-hot female member of real life superhero group captures Japanese hearts10
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute7
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US8
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile9
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”
- Super-hot female member of real life superhero group captures Japanese hearts
- You’re not seeing things, that’s a cat selling roasted sweet potatoes
- Oh no, osechi! Why don’t young people in Japan like eating traditional New Year’s dishes?
- Japanese model builder wins at Gundam, makes a 3D model look like a flat drawing
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony
- Zao Fox Village: Where all your cutes are belong to us
- This suave chap is apparently a girl! Don’t believe us? We don’t believe our eyes either【Photos】
- Free to download Japanese marriage applications are cute, stylish, and legally binding
- Turn desk time into battle time with this gloriously unnecessary replica Mega Man helmet!