You have probably noticed that we here at RocketNews24 are huge fans of Japanese convenience stores. And if you have ever lived in or visited Japan, odds are you too came to love these amazing places. But what exactly makes Japanese convenience stores so different and special compared to those overseas? Click below to see five reasons why we think these “conbini” totally live up to the hype!
foreigners in Japan
Of course, we at RocketNews24 know that Japan is a great place, but have you ever wondered what drives others to leave home and live in the land of the rising sun? It is a question that those of us who spent time working, studying or living in Japan can find a little repetitious and annoying and may cause us to forget why we chose to come to Japan.
That’s why we wanted to share some answers to that ubiquitous question that we found on the Internet messaging board Reddit, where netizens there gave some brutally honest responses. Click below to find out some of the funny, strange and heart-warming reasons people decide to spend their life (or at least part of it) in Japan!
Gangnam Style, performed by South Korean singer, Psy, is an undisputed worldwide hit. It currently has over 1.25 billion views on YouTube and was able to surpass Justin Bieber’s “Baby” to claim its spot as the world’s most watched YouTube video. Following the song’s success, there have been a number of Gangnam Style parodies. Now here’s another one to add to the bunch.
“Gaijin Style” details the lifestyle of foreigners living in Japan and features a gaijin Psy lookalike horse dancing across the screen.
Japanese website Netallica recently conducted a survey of foreigners, asking them to name services and jobs in Japan that leave them in a state of bewilderment.
Take a look at the top seven services that make foreigners in Japan pause and exclaim, “What the heck?!”
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- Get the most out of your visit to Japan with these tourist-only deals 【Ninja Life Skills】3
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?4
- The planned “Great Ice Wall” to contain Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant isn’t freezing5
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】6
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins7
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool8
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit9
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’2
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker3
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.6
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide9
- Japanese critic shares his (kinda weird) views on Japanese vs Western adult entertainment10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants
- If an onigiri and a cheesegurger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race
- These four Siberian Huskies probably have more followers than you on Instagram!
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar
- A tree in India is bigger than the average Wal-Mart