You have probably noticed that we here at RocketNews24 are huge fans of Japanese convenience stores. And if you have ever lived in or visited Japan, odds are you too came to love these amazing places. But what exactly makes Japanese convenience stores so different and special compared to those overseas? Click below to see five reasons why we think these “conbini” totally live up to the hype!
foreigners in Japan
Of course, we at RocketNews24 know that Japan is a great place, but have you ever wondered what drives others to leave home and live in the land of the rising sun? It is a question that those of us who spent time working, studying or living in Japan can find a little repetitious and annoying and may cause us to forget why we chose to come to Japan.
That’s why we wanted to share some answers to that ubiquitous question that we found on the Internet messaging board Reddit, where netizens there gave some brutally honest responses. Click below to find out some of the funny, strange and heart-warming reasons people decide to spend their life (or at least part of it) in Japan!
Gangnam Style, performed by South Korean singer, Psy, is an undisputed worldwide hit. It currently has over 1.25 billion views on YouTube and was able to surpass Justin Bieber’s “Baby” to claim its spot as the world’s most watched YouTube video. Following the song’s success, there have been a number of Gangnam Style parodies. Now here’s another one to add to the bunch.
“Gaijin Style” details the lifestyle of foreigners living in Japan and features a gaijin Psy lookalike horse dancing across the screen.
Japanese website Netallica recently conducted a survey of foreigners, asking them to name services and jobs in Japan that leave them in a state of bewilderment.
Take a look at the top seven services that make foreigners in Japan pause and exclaim, “What the heck?!”
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar1
- The amazing cosplayers of (the first two days of) Comic-Con 20142
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker3
- Raising awareness in the competitive gaming community – two female perspectives4
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race5
- Kids’ Hello Kitty Dictionary is surprisingly gritty6
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’7
- Too hot during the blackout? Cool down with an electric fan, veteran newscaster suggests8
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!9
- Watch this totally unique Sailor Moon fan video — created with illustrations by over 250 artists!10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman3
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’4
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.5
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”6
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break7
- More than one way to skin a cat? Japanese YouTuber shows how to “open” a cat with belly rubs8
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex9
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Kids’ Hello Kitty Dictionary is surprisingly gritty
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’
- Too hot during the blackout? Cool down with an electric fan, veteran newscaster suggests
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Watch this totally unique Sailor Moon fan video — created with illustrations by over 250 artists!
- Crazy new port-o-potty design is the most random thing we’ve seen in a long time
- A tree in India is bigger than the average Wal-Mart
- Godzilla looms over Tokyo garden
- “Tanima Diver” necklaces celebrate cleavage by plunging right into it
- Father posts six-year-old daughter’s anime character drawings online, net users not convinced
- Our take on Studio Ghibli’s newest anime, When Marnie Was There【Impressions】
- “Black Cat” delivery company uses pawprint gloves to ensure packages are handled with cute
- Readers rank the best anime series to watch on your day off