Could China finally be ready to make its long-delayed entry into the console wars? It was only a matter of time since the 14-year ban on video game consoles was lifted in January of this year, and a collaboration between two companies has now announced that we could see a new China-exclusive device out sometime this month.
The new Nintendo 2DS is out and we got our greedy little paws on the first one we could! Mmm…we love the smell of new game systems in the morning!
It’s not foldable and it doesn’t have a 3-D screen. On the other hand, it’ll play 3DS games with no problem and it’s significantly cheaper.
But is it worth your cold, hard cash? Find out below!
Apparently, there’s a bit of a problem with some Nintendo 3DS and 3DS LL consoles: Game cards are literally popping out of the portable devices without warning.
This can be a pretty serious problem, too. It can result in the loss of unsaved progress, or even the game card itself zooming off and going missing or being damaged. But fear not! Cyber Gadget has a solution.
- Preston Phro
Jul 21, 2013
Oculus Rift is surely one of the most highly anticipated devices of this gaming generation. In case you’ve somehow not heard about it, Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset that is already garnering rave reviews from industry insiders and little old ladies who are more hardcore than you. What makes Oculus Rift so exciting is its high-quality dual display that uses motion detectors to dynamically show users the game world as they turn their head. Basically, it’s supposed to be a completely immersive experience. Right now, the device is still mostly limited to developers hard at work trying to take advantage of its full power, but most of the demos we’ve seen have been great. One Japanese developer decided to create an adorable mini-game staring everyone’s favorite fictional idol: Hatsune Miku.
America is known for being particularly prudent when it comes to sex and nudity, and the censors have been at it again in the US release of new Fire Emblem Awakening content. Someone somewhere has judged an image in the game to be far too naughty for sensitive American eyes, incurring the wrath and bemusement of fans around the globe. Read More
A new service is gaining popularity among Chinese gamers. For the small fee of 15 yuan an hour (about US$2.40), you can play your favorite online game with a beautiful woman. Strait News reports that male game fans are calling it “good news.” Read More
- Andrew Miller
Dec 28, 2012
Sony’s recent publicly-announced warning not to put your gaming console in the microwave, has left most of the online community completely lost for words. If you happen to be the owner of a Sony gaming console, placing it in the microwave only to fry the hell of it is surely the last thing on your agenda. Nevertheless, it cannot be denied that such reports have recently been doing the rounds on the net. Frying your treasured gaming console obviously defies all forms of common sense and I’m sure most of you will be racking your brains as to whom and under what circumstances would do such a thing.
So just why would Sony issue such a bizarre warning? In short, Sony appears only to be going by the facts, or should we say the evidence that remains resident on the game console after being submitted for repair:
“Of the defective products received by Sony, we have detected on some rate occasions evident changes in the shape of the unit and even burn marks that can only be assumed to have been brought about by the use of an electrical appliance such as a hairdryer or microwave”.
Sony adds, “Heating up your game console leads not only to a defective unit but also creates the risk of a fire or even serious injury”.
Whilst there is much speculation and even theories out there as to why game users would resort to such an act, hard evidence is much lacking.
So just what are some of these theories?
Forget about sending your broken game console to Sony: if you have a hairdryer at hand, repair it yourself the D.I.Y way! – Or so the ‘hairdryer method’ would have you believe!
9 ways to have fun playing video games with your girlfriend (according to Japanese women) and why they are dumb
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Oct 2, 2012
Otome Sugoren, a Japanese women’s website featuring love and advice columns, has just released a list of nine ways for boyfriends to enjoy playing video games with their girlfriends. The article explains, “there are so many men who love to play video games, but what’s a non-gaming girlfriend to do? These boyfriends make the mistake of inviting their girlfriend to play without knowing how to have fun with a beginner.” To help out all those hardcore gaming boyfriends, Sugoren asked female readers to take a survey and outlined the best way men can help their non-gamer girl have a fun time playing video games.
The following are the top nine responses to Otome Sugoren’s survey, along with reasons why this author, a gaming girl herself, thinks these women are idiots.
- Japanese Twitter users and the tale of the broken battery1
- Japanese women dish about being betrayed by their female friends2
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it3
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends4
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!5
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site6
- Miss Todai/weather forecaster Ayaka Sawada’s adorable drawings7
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single8
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated9
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】5
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act6
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend7
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】8
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes9
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site
- Miss Todai/weather forecaster Ayaka Sawada’s adorable drawings
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some
- Better know a train nerd: 36 different classifications for Japan’s “densha otaku”
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection
- Japan Self-Defense Force’s elite Central Band performs Hatsune Miku song Senbonzakura
- Five foods you should never feed to your cat
- Enjoy a view of Mt Fuji from anywhere in the world with these new ice souvenirs
- Japanese driver fails to stop at a yellow light, turns herself in to the police
- Japan continues to invent items it thinks you want!
- Visit Kiki’s Bakery at a unique fairytale village in Japan
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend