Sep 21, 2014
I didn’t watch a lot of TV during college, and before you think I’m saying that to try and come off as some high-minded intellectual, I’ll quickly admit that I filled that spare time playing video games and watching anime DVDs. One program I do remember catching, though, was a Fox special in which humans went against animals in a series of contests.
In one event, Takeru Kobayashi, Japan’s champion competitive eater, was pitted against a bear to see who could eat more hot dogs. The bear won with ease, because, well, it’s a bear for God’s sake.
Now, though, Kobayashi’s back for a rematch with the animal kingdom, but this time with a smaller opponent: an adorable hamster.
This futon, although technically meant for an iPhone (because Japan), is now home to a little hamster who seems to have found his new favorite spot. This has got to be the cutest case of theft we’ve ever seen!
We posted a silly video of baby ducks on our site last Monday, hoping to cheer up any of our readers who were going through a tough first day back at work. Two days later, we received the following comment on the video (thank you J.R.!): “No matter how bad your day was, remember that this video is waiting for you….”
This got us thinking…why not try to cure our readers’ Monday blues every Monday!? So may we humbly present to you the first video in our weekly series, “Monday Kickstart.” You won’t find explanations about Japanese culture or deep, enlightening thoughts, just something to make you smile as you begin your long haul into the week.
These fuzzy rodent bottoms have been sending Japanese Twitter users squealing and spasming over the internet, and we can totally understand why. Cuteness overload! Of course, cats and dogs are still adorable as can be, but as the saying goes, good things come in small packages! These pudgy little fellas are a ton-load of cute compacted into a pocket-sized ball of fluff!
Note: This might be the biggest collection of butt photos RocketNews24 has ever seen!
Summer has come early in Japan this year and everyone’s doing their best to stave off the heat in temperatures that have reached up to 40°C in some parts of the country.
In the midst of all the sweat and suncream it looks like this little guy’s found a novel way to keep cool. The added bonus is that he looks absolutely adorable, but the downside is that, at least to Japanese people, he seems positively edible!
“Hamsters are watching you.”
Before, when I said this to people on the streets they would run away and get the police involved.
Well who’s laughing now? Thanks to this video documentation uploaded on YouTube, my paranoid delusions have been proven to be real. In it, the brave camera person captured a hamster stakeout in progress.
My delirium was further validated by Yahoo! who chose this shocking footage as the “10th best animal video of 2012.”
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV1
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】2
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu3
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea4
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously5
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】6
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website7
- “2D vs. Katana” exhibition shows off recreations of swords from anime and video games in Osaka8
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20159
- Rock band KISS collaborating with Sailor Moon Crystal’s Momoiro Clover Z10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20153
- Chinese dude bags super hot Ukrainian wife, generates major envy online4
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG5
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women6
- Japan’s cutest rodent commuters take the high-road【Video】7
- Our hero Ladybeard shows us and the world how to properly wear the much-talked about boob shirt8
- 39 looks at the lighter side of Asia9
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website
- “2D vs. Katana” exhibition shows off recreations of swords from anime and video games in Osaka
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 2015
- Rock band KISS collaborating with Sailor Moon Crystal’s Momoiro Clover Z
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women
- Blogger offers four pieces of advice for foreign women looking for love with a Japanese guy
- OPPO’s new R5 smartphone is a multi-tool disguised as the thinnest cell phone ever
- Kids in Korea Order $250 in French Fries, Piss Off Everyone at McDonald’s and on the Internet
- Tips from Japan to make your skin extra beautiful! It begins with a bath and…
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January
- Catch a movie in bed…at the theater! Four awesome theaters from around the world with beds for seats
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong