Game will be action game with online, open-world elements.
Aug 18, 2016
Game’s first preview has fans scratching their heads and rolling their eyes as the innovative series seemingly resorts to a zombie apocalypse scenario.
Jun 14, 2016
Hideo Kojima proves yet again that he’s the master of making us want more.
Jun 2, 2016
Depending on how cynical a gamer you are, this is either the last thing you expected, or the first.
Apr 21, 2016
Famed Metal Gear director calls Japanese creators “strange” for spending so much time and money on their finales.
Feb 24, 2016
Now you and the director of such video game hits as Metal Gear can snuggle all through the night.
Kojima: “I want to make something that will have a big enough impact to become a series”.
Metal Gear director’s first video will reveal his picks for the top 10 movies of 2015.
Anime News Network
Feb 5, 2016
Metal Gear creator, Pacific Rim director to discuss creative influences.
Anime News Network
Jan 8, 2016
Dec 17, 2015
Newly formed Kojima Productions is looking to hire a few good video game developers, plus find customers for its online store.
Dec 16, 2015
He kept us waiting, but the internationally renowned video game director is finally ready to start work on his next project.
Anime News Network
Dec 4, 2015
Kojima also did not accept award at PlayStation Awards in Japan on Thursday.
Nov 20, 2015
Sniper Wolf figure hits the bullseye where a love of boobs, video games, and dogs overlap.
With Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain now available, gamers are hunkering down to complete Hideo Kojima’s final Metal Gear outing, and the last couple of days have seen a flurry of uploads to YouTube and gaming sites from players wanting to show off their discoveries in the huge open world.
One such discovery has people lamenting the cancellation of Silent Hills, the horror game that was at one time to be Kojima’s next project, all over again. Despite Konami’s attempts to erase its existence by removing it from the Playstation Store, P.T., the playable teaser for the cancelled game, can’t be wiped from gamers’ minds that easily, and apparently not from the company’s latest hit, either.
Aug 29, 2015
For months, there have been rumblings of discord between video game publisher Konami and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain director Hideo Kojima. First Kojima’s name, one of the most respected in the industry, was scrubbed from the game’s packaging, and now the popular opinion seems to be that once The Phantom Pain is a completely done deal, Kojima will pack up and leave the company where he’s worked for decades, meaning someone else would be tasked with carrying on the legacy of Metal Gear, a franchise so ground-breaking and successful it literally changed the industry.
But none of this drama seems to have adversely affected The Phantom Pain’s development, as advance reviews of the title have been glowing. And perhaps even more baffling is that even as this might be the end of an era, the series has in no way lost its sense of humor, as seen in this bizarre yet emotional Metal Gear Solid V TV commercial starring an about-to-be-wed bride and groom, dressed in their finest Metal Gear-style cardboard boxes.
Aug 6, 2015
From the consumer end, it’s easy to mistakenly assume that video game publishers’ only concerns are creating art and providing fun. The reality, though, is that like with any human endeavor, time and money are always limiting factors in game development, and while an abundance of one can sometimes help cover for a lack of the other, at the end of the day there are only so many resources to go around, and companies can’t greenlight every project pitched to them.
But that just makes it all the more heart-warming when a major publisher gives the go-ahead to a new installment of a fan-favorite. Remember how a few months ago Konami halted digital distribution of horror sensation P.T. and the associated Silent Hills, the daydream-come-to-life collaboration between game and film directors Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro? All water under the bridge, because there’s a brand new Silent Hill game coming in October, and it’ll cost less than a buck to play!
Konami is even being bold enough to take the franchise into an entirely new genre: pachinko.
By now, the video gaming community is all but painfully aware of the sudden divorce between game director Hideo Kojima and game developer Konami. Solid Snake himself has even tweeted the fact that studio Kojima Productions has been disbanded, the studio logo having been removed from advertisement posters for the upcoming title, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
- How dirty is your mind? Find out with this innocent picture of a Japanese bunny1
- New Kyoto Starbucks has the beauty, historical pedigree to be a sightseeing attraction itself2
- Three Tokyo youths arrested for cork hunting, everyone else learns what cork hunting is3
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year4
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 odd ways Japanese people beat the summer heat【Weird Top Five】5
- How to polish a knife: Watch as a rusty piece of Japanese metal becomes a sharp, shiny blade6
- Bath transforms Japanese Twitter beauty’s appearance…and seemingly gender too!7
- Hayao Miyazaki turns down offer to watch new anime film from former Studio Ghibli director8
- Meaning of life discovered using Japanese calligraphy, math, and puns9
- Japanese Twitter user inspires horror stories with freaky apartment photo10
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】1
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year2
- The wait for Attack on Titan Season 3 will be much shorter than the wait for Season 23
- Why is Japanese customer service so amazing? Because in Japan it’s one strike and you’re out4
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park5
- Eight reasons otaku men are unpopular with women, according to Japanese Twitter list6
- Looking for a job in Japan? New “Sugoi Kawaii” maid cafe in Akihabara now hiring foreigners!7
- Three Tokyo youths arrested for cork hunting, everyone else learns what cork hunting is8
- Japanese company creates new “Kimono Pyjamas” designed to be worn indoors and outdoors9
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study10
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study1
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】2
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year3
- The wait for Attack on Titan Season 3 will be much shorter than the wait for Season 24
- Sprint And Pokémon GO Want To Send You To Japan!5
- Japan’s new “sex tent” targets campers who’re more than friends, not yet lovers6
- Breasts and cats: Japanese photo book combines two of the world’s most favourite things7
- Why is Japanese customer service so amazing? Because in Japan it’s one strike and you’re out8
- Tokyo’s ban on high school girls working in the controversial JK industry goes into effect this summer9
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park10
- Blind Japanese boy sends Nintendo heartwarming thank you letter, gets amazing response1
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study2
- Japanese boy band shakes up the music world as all nine members kiss each other in new video clip3
- Japanese man’s wife keeps finding his porn stashes, sending him anime illustrations in response4
- Japanese company offers a “little sister rental” service, and our reporter just tried it out5
- Seemingly cute cat in downtown Tokyo might desperately need help, plus a new owner6
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】7
- Japanese cosplayer achieves amazing cyber legs look using wet stockings【Photos】8
- These photos from the ‘richest village in China’ will positively blow you away9
- Hi-Chew candies get revamped into ice cream sweet treats just in time for summer10
- How to polish a knife: Watch as a rusty piece of Japanese metal becomes a sharp, shiny blade
- Bath transforms Japanese Twitter beauty’s appearance…and seemingly gender too!
- Hayao Miyazaki turns down offer to watch new anime film from former Studio Ghibli director
- Meaning of life discovered using Japanese calligraphy, math, and puns
- Japanese Twitter user inspires horror stories with freaky apartment photo
- Japanese publisher sparks backlash over plan to have anime voice actresses pose for bikini photos
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】
- AKB48 mega-fan creates labour-saving CD packaging-opening machine【Video】
- Japanese gravure idols gather for “Visual Queen Photo Party” at Tokyo water park
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break
- With new Country Ma’am cookie-scented lip cream, you can enjoy the delectable cookies all day long
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo