Game will be action game with online, open-world elements.
Aug 18, 2016
Game’s first preview has fans scratching their heads and rolling their eyes as the innovative series seemingly resorts to a zombie apocalypse scenario.
Jun 14, 2016
Hideo Kojima proves yet again that he’s the master of making us want more.
Jun 2, 2016
Depending on how cynical a gamer you are, this is either the last thing you expected, or the first.
Apr 21, 2016
Famed Metal Gear director calls Japanese creators “strange” for spending so much time and money on their finales.
Feb 24, 2016
Now you and the director of such video game hits as Metal Gear can snuggle all through the night.
Kojima: “I want to make something that will have a big enough impact to become a series”.
Metal Gear director’s first video will reveal his picks for the top 10 movies of 2015.
Anime News Network
Feb 5, 2016
Metal Gear creator, Pacific Rim director to discuss creative influences.
Anime News Network
Jan 8, 2016
Dec 17, 2015
Newly formed Kojima Productions is looking to hire a few good video game developers, plus find customers for its online store.
Dec 16, 2015
He kept us waiting, but the internationally renowned video game director is finally ready to start work on his next project.
Anime News Network
Dec 4, 2015
Kojima also did not accept award at PlayStation Awards in Japan on Thursday.
Nov 20, 2015
Sniper Wolf figure hits the bullseye where a love of boobs, video games, and dogs overlap.
With Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain now available, gamers are hunkering down to complete Hideo Kojima’s final Metal Gear outing, and the last couple of days have seen a flurry of uploads to YouTube and gaming sites from players wanting to show off their discoveries in the huge open world.
One such discovery has people lamenting the cancellation of Silent Hills, the horror game that was at one time to be Kojima’s next project, all over again. Despite Konami’s attempts to erase its existence by removing it from the Playstation Store, P.T., the playable teaser for the cancelled game, can’t be wiped from gamers’ minds that easily, and apparently not from the company’s latest hit, either.
Aug 29, 2015
For months, there have been rumblings of discord between video game publisher Konami and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain director Hideo Kojima. First Kojima’s name, one of the most respected in the industry, was scrubbed from the game’s packaging, and now the popular opinion seems to be that once The Phantom Pain is a completely done deal, Kojima will pack up and leave the company where he’s worked for decades, meaning someone else would be tasked with carrying on the legacy of Metal Gear, a franchise so ground-breaking and successful it literally changed the industry.
But none of this drama seems to have adversely affected The Phantom Pain’s development, as advance reviews of the title have been glowing. And perhaps even more baffling is that even as this might be the end of an era, the series has in no way lost its sense of humor, as seen in this bizarre yet emotional Metal Gear Solid V TV commercial starring an about-to-be-wed bride and groom, dressed in their finest Metal Gear-style cardboard boxes.
Aug 6, 2015
From the consumer end, it’s easy to mistakenly assume that video game publishers’ only concerns are creating art and providing fun. The reality, though, is that like with any human endeavor, time and money are always limiting factors in game development, and while an abundance of one can sometimes help cover for a lack of the other, at the end of the day there are only so many resources to go around, and companies can’t greenlight every project pitched to them.
But that just makes it all the more heart-warming when a major publisher gives the go-ahead to a new installment of a fan-favorite. Remember how a few months ago Konami halted digital distribution of horror sensation P.T. and the associated Silent Hills, the daydream-come-to-life collaboration between game and film directors Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro? All water under the bridge, because there’s a brand new Silent Hill game coming in October, and it’ll cost less than a buck to play!
Konami is even being bold enough to take the franchise into an entirely new genre: pachinko.
By now, the video gaming community is all but painfully aware of the sudden divorce between game director Hideo Kojima and game developer Konami. Solid Snake himself has even tweeted the fact that studio Kojima Productions has been disbanded, the studio logo having been removed from advertisement posters for the upcoming title, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
- The secret undo codes for Japanese elevator floor buttons1
- Crazy Tokyo cheeseburger turns concept inside-out with cheese on the outside, bread on the inside2
- Is it OK for men cosplaying as women to use the women’s restroom in Japan? Twitter debates3
- Hit manga JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure makes unexpected appearance…in a girl’s comic magazine!4
- Michelin star-winning ramen can now be bought nationwide in cup noodle form5
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】6
- Tokyo’s matcha green tea tuna sandwiches: A culinary wonder we didn’t know we needed until now7
- Hokkaido wild marijuana removal efforts can’t keep up with rate of growth8
- We tried Tokyo’s “rent a middle-aged Japanese man” service, and it was awesome!9
- Mystery of Attack on Titan’s Levi’s lipstick-stained romantic dalliance at Japanese theme park10
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan1
- Japanese idol reveals disgusting secret about stuffed animals she’s received from fans2
- Please don’t make the stupid mistake of taking an “abandoned” bike for a ride in Japan3
- Crummy Japanese dish dryer still gets five-star reviews on Amazon for unexpected reason4
- Pokémon terrariums let you feel like you’ve got Pikachu, Eevee, and other Pocket Monsters as pets5
- Do Japanese women check out each other’s lingerie at the hot springs? Survey investigates6
- Japan is running out of swordsmiths, and a strict apprenticeship requirement is a big reason why7
- Japan’s cuddly kitty pouches will fill your heart with love as you fill them with other stuff8
- Japanese pre-teen’s summer homework assignment either lazy or genius… possibly both9
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down10
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】1
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan2
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down3
- Penis peach found, appetites lost in Japan4
- Ivanaka Trump posts photo of Filipino snack at daughter’s birthday party, confuses the Internet5
- Creeps bugging saleswomen at anime convention? Here’s a clever plan to discreetly call for help6
- Japanese high school boy wows netizens with his cute girl-next-door looks7
- In Hokkaido there’s weed, weed everywhere, but not a drop to smoke8
- Legendary crescent moon katana, one of Japan’s Five Swords Under Heaven, now on display in Tokyo9
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】10
- Blind Japanese boy sends Nintendo heartwarming thank you letter, gets amazing response1
- Japanese women’s breasts continue to grow, reach historic tipping point in lingerie maker’s study2
- Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen singer marries beautiful swimsuit model 15 years his junior【Photos】3
- Nintendo says there are no game overs, EVER, in upcoming Super Mario Odyssey4
- Man revives woman with AED, branded a “pervert” for removing her clothes to apply electrode pads5
- Here’s why you’ll never want to hit a hole-in-one in Japan6
- Kiki’s back! Famous Studio Ghibli anime witch returns in jaw-dropping short animation【Video】7
- The train station that stayed open for a single school girl finally closes down8
- Permanent Japanese residency to be possible for foreigners with anime-related jobs after one year9
- Suspected jewelry thief captured in Japan in comically slow-speed foot pursuit by police【Video】10
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 most offensive Japanese swear words 【Weird Top Five】
- Tokyo’s matcha green tea tuna sandwiches: A culinary wonder we didn’t know we needed until now
- Hokkaido wild marijuana removal efforts can’t keep up with rate of growth
- We tried Tokyo’s “rent a middle-aged Japanese man” service, and it was awesome!
- Mystery of Attack on Titan’s Levi’s lipstick-stained romantic dalliance at Japanese theme park
- Japanese woman seeks justice after buying four million-dollar bills from counterfeiters
- It’s that time of year again… when we get to see giant rodents soak blissfully in a hot bath!
- The Four Lows: Many Japanese women’s new image of the ideal man
- ANGEL LIBRARY in Kyoto, a hidden underground cafe that you need a special code to enter 【Pics】
- Narita Airport shuttle buses – Cheaper than the train, but which bus is best?
- AI website’s automatic anime character designs are cute, quick, and free for anyone to create
- Nagasaki Starbucks marks anniversary of World War II’s end with powerful message of peace
- Japan’s cuddly kitty pouches will fill your heart with love as you fill them with other stuff