While looks may not kill, a woman in Dalian City, China found out last month that some guy’s ugly mug can scare you enough to make you to lose your balance and break four teeth. Although the beauty-deficient man said he was merely asking directions, the woman was apparently so frightened by his visage that after falling off her bike and hurting herself, she rushed to the police where she pressed charges.
It’s a scene all too familiar to many of us: You’re sitting at home playing some video games when you begin to get sweaty from the strenuous button mashing. Like anyone would, you change into a pair of Speedos to cool down a bit. Then, feeling a little peckish after some more gaming, you decide to cook up some ramen.
Stop!!! Little do you know these seemingly innocent actions are a recipe for getting 20 rockets fired at your private parts. This painful lesson was learnt by Mr. Ye of New Taipei, Taiwan on 1 October.
On 4 July, Kobe District Court ruled against the 40-year-old single mother of a 15-year-old boy after his bike struck an elderly woman while he was riding too fast down a hill.
Judge Tomoko Tanaka ordered that the mother pay a total of 95 million yen (US$950,000) because she “provided insufficient guidance to the child that may have prevented this accident.”
On 24 April at approximately 9:25 a.m., six people were injured while riding an escalator in Akihabara Station, Tokyo.
All the victims suffered injuries as serious as broken fingers when a piece of metal siding became bent upwards blocking the clearance between it and the rubber handrail.
Sadly, this digital carnage could have been easily avoided if people in Tokyo just stood on the right side of the escalator like normal people.
On 8 April, the trial began for a woman accused of killing a man in an excruciating fashion.
It all started on 19 April of the previous year. The suspect was picking up her child when she parked an electric bike in front of a shop. The man running the shop came out and shouted “you’re blocking my business!”
The resulting argument must have gotten pretty heated as it resulted in the mother clutching the shopkeeper’s testicles in her vice-like grip.
On 21 February, reports of a loud “Phfffft” sound were heard around the world. Experts traced the source of this sound back to the anal sphincters of millions of Chinese netizens simultaneously shuddering upon hearing this tale of a bike ride gone terribly, terribly wrong.
With Halloween just around the corner many people are looking around for those finishing touches on their costumes. And what better accoutrement to your costume is there than an open sore or gaping wound?
However, store bought injuries can be cumbersome and might not look the way you want. And while injuring yourself with a butcher’s knife is an economically sound idea it could seriously hamper your day to day activities.
So let us show you a safe way to make your own realistic wounds using ordinary household items! Just follow our multimedia guide on wounding yourself and get yourself some markers and glue.
Think about the worst experience you ever had in a hotel. Perhaps you found a cockroach or the water pressure was really bad. Whatever it was, this harrowing experience of a man staying in a hotel in Jinhua, China is sure to trump it.
The following story is a bizarre and grisly accident that left even the emergency workers on the scene visibly shaken.
Nothing quenches yours thirst on a hot summer day like a chilled can of cola. Some people, eager to make their cold beverage even more refreshing, may think of leaving a can in the freezer for a few hours.
This is exactly what one boy in China did, leaving with him with 38 stitches after the frozen can exploded in his face the moment he opened it.
Everyone has heard the one about the lady in the US who spilt McDonald’s coffee on her lap and won a cool US$2.7M. The figure was later reduced to $600,000 but surely the fear of litigation had sunk deep in McDonald’s psyche all over the world.
This is why the cold reception a Mickey D’s in China gave to a woman who walked into one of their glass doors might seem understandable. However, when brought to the public they were ultimately judged as “being pretty douchey.”
A recent shocking accident occurred when a China exploded in the hands of a smoker. China, as I’m sure we all know is a brand of cigarette sold in China. It’s a popular souvenir for tourists due partly to its Chinese flag red color and boldly written “China” (中華) on the package.
It’s also famous as a high end brand of tobacco, costing 50 yuan (US$7.80) per pack. This may not seem like much to other countries peoples, but costs 10 times more than an average pack in China’s urban areas. The victim, Mr. Wu, is currently recovering in hospital.
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom1
- Flash mob performing Totoro theme song will melt your heart, make you want to join in2
- How to date an idol: A guide to the highly improbable3
- Easy-to-make marshmallow toast is delicious, could open a gateway to Hell4
- 46 Things That Surprise Foreigners in Japan5
- 【Thursday Throwback】Free Admission: 12 of Tokyo’s Best Kept Secrets6
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds7
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore8
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!9
- Who is David Ury? And who the heck is Ken Tanaka? – An interview with the “twin brothers”10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- An Illustrated Guide to the Implications of not Washing Your Hands After Using the Restroom6
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts7
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car8
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected9
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!4
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】5
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China6
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】7
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】10
- 【Thursday Throwback】Free Admission: 12 of Tokyo’s Best Kept Secrets
- The Top 25 Things In Japan Most Likely To Blow Foreigner’s Minds
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore
- Hey guys, unlucky with women? There’s always Latvia!
- Who is David Ury? And who the heck is Ken Tanaka? – An interview with the “twin brothers”
- Survey shows Japanese workers least likely to take vacation time, most likely to hate their job
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide
- Why is Japan Turning Blue at Night? More and More Streets Being Draped in Peacefully Bizarre Azure Lights
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- 11 tips to spot (or imitate) a member of Japan’s Self-Defense Forces
- New Studio Ghibli movie revealed for 2014: When Marnie Was There【Newsflash】
- Look sexy by moonlight with official Sailor Moon lingerie
- 12 culinary delights from Japan that you can find in New York City