Bombs, beauty, and, as this artwork would seem to suggest, other things beginning with the letter “B” are all part of the latest installment of the classic video game franchise.
Aug 18, 2016
Game’s first preview has fans scratching their heads and rolling their eyes as the innovative series seemingly resorts to a zombie apocalypse scenario.
The before-and-after photos of the room after a year of refinement show a gamer totally dedicated to his craft.
Jul 11, 2016
Boutique figure maker Gecco introduces an ultra-detailed statue of Venom Snake from Metal Gear Solid V that will lighten your wallet and make you weep tears of nerd joy.
Jun 2, 2016
Depending on how cynical a gamer you are, this is either the last thing you expected, or the first.
Metal Gear director’s first video will reveal his picks for the top 10 movies of 2015.
Anime News Network
Jan 8, 2016
Dec 16, 2015
He kept us waiting, but the internationally renowned video game director is finally ready to start work on his next project.
Dec 11, 2015
After 17 years of rigorous popping and music-ing, the franchise needed to make a change to keep from going stale. It’s just not the change that fans expected.
Anime News Network
Dec 4, 2015
Kojima also did not accept award at PlayStation Awards in Japan on Thursday.
Nov 20, 2015
Sniper Wolf figure hits the bullseye where a love of boobs, video games, and dogs overlap.
Nov 11, 2015
A collaboration between video game giant Konami and prostheses expert Sophie De Oliviera Barata aims to give an amputee gamer a new arm inspired by Metal Gear Solid.
It has been announced that Noriyoshi Ohrai—the Japanese illustrator best known for producing remarkable poster art for Metal Gear Solid as well as for films including the Godzilla series and Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back—passed away from pneumonia yesterday morning at the age of 79.
With a career spanning over half a century and an impressive portfolio of artworks for novels, games and well-known international movie releases, fans around the world are mourning the loss of a great talent and taking a look back at his extraordinary body of work.
Sep 9, 2015
The release of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has been met with as much excitement and frenzy as you might expect from the latest instalment of a legendary video game franchise. But while most players are preoccupied with riding D. Horse around, frolicking in cardboard boxes and puzzling over the intricate story, it’s a certain voiceover that’s had us scratching our heads. Where on earth have we heard iDroid‘s soothing tones before? Oh, that’s right – on the Shinkansen!
Voice actor and vocalist Donna Burke is a veteran of the video game industry, lending her vocal cords to multiple games including MGSV and Silent Hill, and she ALSO provided the English-language spoken announcement that’s broadcast on the bullet train to help foreign visitors navigate their way around Japan!
With Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain now available, gamers are hunkering down to complete Hideo Kojima’s final Metal Gear outing, and the last couple of days have seen a flurry of uploads to YouTube and gaming sites from players wanting to show off their discoveries in the huge open world.
One such discovery has people lamenting the cancellation of Silent Hills, the horror game that was at one time to be Kojima’s next project, all over again. Despite Konami’s attempts to erase its existence by removing it from the Playstation Store, P.T., the playable teaser for the cancelled game, can’t be wiped from gamers’ minds that easily, and apparently not from the company’s latest hit, either.
Aug 6, 2015
From the consumer end, it’s easy to mistakenly assume that video game publishers’ only concerns are creating art and providing fun. The reality, though, is that like with any human endeavor, time and money are always limiting factors in game development, and while an abundance of one can sometimes help cover for a lack of the other, at the end of the day there are only so many resources to go around, and companies can’t greenlight every project pitched to them.
But that just makes it all the more heart-warming when a major publisher gives the go-ahead to a new installment of a fan-favorite. Remember how a few months ago Konami halted digital distribution of horror sensation P.T. and the associated Silent Hills, the daydream-come-to-life collaboration between game and film directors Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro? All water under the bridge, because there’s a brand new Silent Hill game coming in October, and it’ll cost less than a buck to play!
Konami is even being bold enough to take the franchise into an entirely new genre: pachinko.
By now, the video gaming community is all but painfully aware of the sudden divorce between game director Hideo Kojima and game developer Konami. Solid Snake himself has even tweeted the fact that studio Kojima Productions has been disbanded, the studio logo having been removed from advertisement posters for the upcoming title, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
When the mobile game Flappy Bird was taken off the market last year, sales of mobile phones with the game installed were quickly put on auction sites to the tune of US$300 to US$90,000. The sales on eBay technically violated the site’s Terms of Service, which required smartphones and tablets to be restored to their factory settings. Many were pulled by eBay before anyone was able to drop cash on the listings.
Apr 30, 2015
If you have even a passing interest in video games, then you’ll no doubt have heard that Silent Hills, the new, crazy-scary, Daryl-from-The Walking Dead-featuring reboot of long-running survival horror series Silent Hill, has been cancelled.
For many, Silent Hills represented the sole reason to own a PlayStation 4 as it bobs along in a sea of multi-platform titles and high-definition re-releases of last-gen games. But with the removal of its “playable teaser” from the PlayStation Store today, Silent Hills is gone – poof – into dust because director and industry veteran Hideo Kojima is to part ways with parent company Konami the moment he finishes work on his other big project, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
But what exactly is going on over at Konami? And why on earth would the company scrap a game that was already garnering so much praise and generating such excitement? Join us after the jump as we explore the myriad rumours and theories regarding Kojima and Konami’s messy breakup.
- Beautiful Thai nurse is making men everywhere want to go to hospital【Photos】1
- One Piece team shows us how a Weekly Shonen Jump cover is crafted【Video】2
- Kyoto police set up system to predict when and where crimes will happen3
- Twitter debate erupts over Japanese book that shows man with Asperger’s refusing to work overtime4
- Japan’s graduating Class of 2017 implied to be “The Class of Pokémon GO” by research institute5
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】6
- Radio Ghibli is the newest way to listen to the iconic music of Studio Ghibli7
- One simple kanji character in super-simple Japanese sentence has five different pronunciations8
- Send a free drink to a friend with Japan’s newest coinless vending machines【Video】9
- New Uniqlo concept store opens in Shinjuku, so Mr. Sato gets himself a new workout outfit10
- New Sailor Moon fashion lineup is stylish, cute, and, shockingly, actually affordable!【Photos】1
- Anime pro father and sons’ collaborative artwork series has somehow become even more awesome2
- Japanese college women pick between men who’re short and handsome or tall and plain in survey3
- Radio Ghibli is the newest way to listen to the iconic music of Studio Ghibli4
- Sakura season officially starts in Tokyo as cherry blossoms begin blooming in the capital5
- A sexy penguin, Studio Ghibli cats, and other cosplayers take over Osaka for Street Festa【Pics】6
- English name in Zelda: BotW credits shows happy ending for one student’s 10 year Japanese journey7
- The gloomy faces of a father-son pair on a Disney ride go viral on Twitter for a funny reason8
- Virgin-killing sweater fandom busts out of Japan thanks to muscular foreign male cosplayer【Pics】9
- Kyoto police set up system to predict when and where crimes will happen10
- Busty Japanese model Jun Amaki bounces onto the virgin-killing sweater bandwagon【Video, photos】1
- Kanagawa man’s body found one month after death in a six-ton pile of erotic magazines2
- Spirited Away No Face piggy bank is the Studio Ghibli merchandise we all need to have right now3
- Male teacher in China cosplays as female characters, gets discovered by his own student4
- Happy Pokémon Day! Pokémon GO celebrates with debut of special Party Pikachu5
- W.T.F. Japan: Top 5 steps to immigrate to Japan 【Weird Top Five】6
- Golden retriever watches his human until he falls asleep for the most heart-wrenching reason7
- Japanese cosplayer shows ingenious way to fake muscles using silicone push-up bras8
- Tokyo’s giant Gundam statue dismantled in anime-like scene that’s warming the hearts of fans9
- Jaw-dropping Japanese “sea of clouds” is a great reason to visit Tokyo’s northern neighbor10
- Anime artist dad turns young sons’ sketches into awesome animation character designs1
- Japan’s new luxury overnight bus is the conveniently classy way to get from Tokyo to Osaka2
- Busty Japanese model Jun Amaki bounces onto the virgin-killing sweater bandwagon【Video, photos】3
- Permanent residency in Japan now possible after just one year4
- Kanagawa man’s body found one month after death in a six-ton pile of erotic magazines5
- Spirited Away No Face piggy bank is the Studio Ghibli merchandise we all need to have right now6
- Forget maid cafes! Lift weights and get jacked with cute girls at a MAID GYM instead【Video】7
- Japanese fashion fans and fan artists go gaga for sexy “virgin-killing sweater”8
- Male teacher in China cosplays as female characters, gets discovered by his own student9
- Want to make sure your Eevee evolves into Umbreon or Espeon in the Pokémon GO update? Here’s how10
- What’s really for breakfast? 20 Japanese people give us a peek at their morning meal【Photos】
- Radio Ghibli is the newest way to listen to the iconic music of Studio Ghibli
- One simple kanji character in super-simple Japanese sentence has five different pronunciations
- Send a free drink to a friend with Japan’s newest coinless vending machines【Video】
- New Uniqlo concept store opens in Shinjuku, so Mr. Sato gets himself a new workout outfit
- New Studio Ghibli tea collection includes tea sourced from Totoro’s real-life forest in Japan!
- Japanese college women pick between men who’re short and handsome or tall and plain in survey
- Owner pulls a “too slow” trick on loving canine【Video】
- Busty Japanese model Jun Amaki bounces onto the virgin-killing sweater bandwagon【Video, photos】
- New Sailor Moon fashion lineup is stylish, cute, and, shockingly, actually affordable!【Photos】
- Virgin-killing sweater fandom busts out of Japan thanks to muscular foreign male cosplayer【Pics】