Japan is home to some of the strangest collaborative promotions you will ever find. There’s been everything from Mountain Dew combining powers with a chip company to convenience store teaming up with a menstruation website. Many times the promotions are endless and maybe even seem pointless! But the new collaboration between Docomo, the cell phone company, and Lotteria, the burger shop, is a month of blood clot-forming, salt-coma inducing greatness. This campaign is going to make people who like to talk on their phones and also people who like to stuff their face with French fries very, very happy!!!
May 16, 2014
We recently brought to you the news that fast food chain Lotteria will be offering their new Tsukemen Burger (dip-in-the-sauce noodles burger) later this month. Now, they’re following with another, shall we say … unique creation. This time, it’s a gum-flavored shake, and it comes in a bright green color!
- Preston Phro
May 12, 2014
Our long-time readers will remember Lotteria’s famous–or possibly infamous–ramen noodle burgers last May. We even set Mr. Sato off to try out an extra-massive ramen noodle burger and were amazed by his ability to consume gargantuan amounts of food. As strange as the combination of noodles and buns seemed at the time, it apparently earned the company a lot of happy customers, since Lotteria will be bringing back noodle burgers at the end of this month, with a few new twists…
Do you love burgers and enormous, skinless giants? How about sexy studs Eren and Levi from the super popular Attack on Titan? If you answered yes to any–or all–of those questions, then you better get to your nearest Lotteria this Friday, because supplies for the limited-edition mini-towel and plastic file are…uh…limited!
Also, we’d really like a milkshake while you’re there.
Feb 8, 2014
With a little under a week until Valentine’s Day, Japan is still in the midst of chocolate madness, and it appears the fast food industry is no exception. Hot on the heels of their unique french fries and chocolate sauce combination, fast food chain Lotteria has now come out with a burger with … yes, you guessed it — chocolate sauce!
- Casey Baseel
Nov 13, 2013
As sure as the sun rises in the east, you can count on Japanese burger chain Lotteria to do something wacky every couple of months. Seemingly resigned to the fact that it can never quite capture either the flavor or value crown in the fast food market, Lotteria has apparently settled on cornering the market on crazy, whether that means nine-patty Evangelion burgers or milkshakes inspired by horror movie The Ring.
Lotteria’s latest outburst is a burger literally topped with everything.
- Paula Gerhold
Sep 1, 2013
Fed up with Japanese-sized fast food portions? Tired of ordering a large and getting something that might fit in a happy meal in a North American store? Lotteria’s got a fall special that is sure to make any American burger enthusiast’s day! Back by popular demand are the Lotteria’s Super Cheeseday and Super Fryday sandwich deals!
In the crowded Japanese fast food burger industry, a chain has to establish an identity to be successful. McDonald’s is the place to go to fill up as cheaply as possible. MOS Burger is for people willing to spend a little more time and money for a sandwich made from higher-quality ingredients. And Lotteria is the place to go for a side of craziness.
While Lotteria occasionally goes completely nuts and has iconic horror movie characters work its registers, the chain’s eccentricity is primarily confined to the menu, with items such as the side-by-side double-patty twin burger and colossal Evangelion cheese burger with roughly a week’s worth of meat. The chain’s newest offering reimagines the savory Japanese crepe okonomiyaki as a burger.
At the entrance to Sunshine Street, overlooking one of the busiest intersections in Tokyo’s Ikebukuro shopping district, sits an innocent-looking LOTTERIA restaurant. The burger chain boasts most of your standard fast food fare: cheeseburgers, fries, desserts, and soft drinks. However, they recently hired a blood-curdling new worker at their store.
In preparation for Sadako 3D2, the sequel to last year’s horror hit based off of the cult-classic movie, Ringu (known as The Ring in the West), Sadako emerged from the TV and earned a place as honorary manager of the burger joint!
Mr. Sato’s love of hamburgers and ramen noodles is perhaps known by thousands of people across the world. But what if we put bun and noodle together and served them up in an enticing tower of excess? We decided to put his love to the test by pimping out the new Lotteria Ramen Burger with an extra 10 servings of noodles. Because we’re nice like that.
So who will win, man or beastly carbohydrate? Will the burger ultimately contribute to its own demise by giving Mr. Sato the carbs he needs to complete the challenge? Or will they tire him out with a good old-fashioned belly bloat? We’ve got the photos and video of their tryst inside.
Fast food chain Lotteria has brought us some unusual burgers in the past. But none will compare to their next creation: the ramen burger. It’s a historical first for the franchise, and they’re going all out with the offering, developing the recipe with famous noodle restaurant chain Menya Musashi, and including special details like disposable chopsticks, soup, and an option for kaedama (a second serving of noodles), just like the ones you get at an authentic noodle joint.
DVD release of Evangelion: 3.33 Brings Us a Q Burger, a Spear of Longinus, and the Chance to Win a Life-Size Rei Doll
- Oona McGee
Apr 22, 2013
April 24 is a special day for Evangelion fans, with the DVD and Blu-ray release of the 2012 movie Evangelion 3.0. To commemorate this exciting event, popular burger chain Lotteria is offering up a nine-level monster cheeseburger that cleverly plays on the “Q “ in the Japanese part of the home release title: Evangelion: New Movie Edition Q (Q sounds like kyuu, which is nine in Japanese) and the English part of the home release title: Evangelion 3.33 (3+3+3=9). Cheeky puns with buns! While the burger looks like something only Mr. Sato would eat nine of, the free present with purchase and the chance to win a 158cm-tall Rei doll has us very excited.
I think we’re gonna need a bigger bun.
Japanese fast food chain Lotteria, home to the mountain of melted cheese that was our own 30-patty cheeseburger tower, announced yesterday that it will be providing diners with an altogether larger eating experience as of February 22. The above burgers are part of the chain’s “hamidashi” (meaning to jut or hang out over the sides) range, but we’re affectionately dubbing them the “hangover” series.
- Karen Bremer Masuda
Oct 19, 2012
Major Japanese fast food burger chain Lotteria is celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year. In commemoration, they have brought back the infamous Tower Cheese Burger, five beef patties with five cheese slices, and introduced a five layered shrimp patty burger— each for only 500 yen (about $6.25 US) !
Sounds like great value for anyone with a carnivorous appetite, and, in case five patties sounds too overwhelming, you can also knock the tower down to three or four. Either way, they stack ‘em high! …or they try, at least…
As you can probably tell from the picture above, we recently found out that reality isn’t always what the advertisements make it out to be. Is this supposed to be a lesson in facing up to the truth? Read More
- Master Blaster
Oct 5, 2012
Japanese fast food chain Lotteria is celebrating its 40th anniversary by bringing back the Tower Cheeseburger! Yes, the Tower Cheeseburger is nothing new: RocketNews24 has reported on it before and, of course, made an ungodly sized burger out of it (pictured above).
Worry not though, as Lotteria has a lot more in store for its big 4-0. For starters, the price of their 5-storey (five beef patties and five cheese slices) Tower Cheeseburger this year will cost a measly 500 yen! (US$6)
Every day on my way to work, I pass one of the many outlets of fast-food giant Lotteria. Usually, I grab a cup of coffee there and drink it as I head to the office, but this morning something new caught my eye.
They’re selling Matsusaka Beef hamburgers? Hamburgers made from one of the best quality meats in Japan, famous for its exquisite marbling? But at 1800 yen (about $23), that’s a pretty steep price tag for a fast-food burger… Will it be worth it?
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- Get the most out of your visit to Japan with these tourist-only deals 【Ninja Life Skills】3
- Get your chills on the rails with Kyoto’s Ghost Train 【Video】4
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool5
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today6
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar7
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit8
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?9
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!10
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’3
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex6
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide9
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar
- Our reporter goes looking for fans at Comic-Con…in his Sailor Venus cosplay outfit
- Son refuses to see mom because she’s “too ugly”, but is that the whole story?
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman
- Gintama’s protagonist as envisioned by fujoshi: blushing, bare-chested, and super voluptuous!
- Japanese netizens lament over the long, but sad life of sea urchins
- If an onigiri and a cheesegurger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- “Joke” site demonstrates the cruelty of cyberbullying, makes us wet our pants
- We apply to appear in new Yakuza game, still waiting to hear back from Sega