Cosplaying has become a global hobby. From Hungary to Singapore and many places in between, people just can’t get enough of bringing their favorite fictional characters to life. But with so many costumes to carry around, what’s a traveling cosplayer to do? That’s where Coscase, a new type of suitcase that is specifically designed to support the lifestyle of cosplayers, comes in. Frentrep, the makers of Coscase are looking for backers on Motion Gallery, a funding platform similar to Kickstarter. Assuming you already own your own suitcase, is the Coscase worth an additional suitcase purchase? You decide.
Is that a giant eyeball in your luggage or are you just happy to see me?
Actually, it’s neither! What you’re looking at up there–and what’s staring back at you–is an art piece that rides the baggage carousel at a local Tottori Prefecture Airport. Realizing how boring it can be to wait for your luggage to come, the airport lets Medama no Oyaji ride around to his tiny heart’s content to cheer up impatient passengers.
But Tottori’s airport isn’t the only one getting in on the rotating art displays. Check out some of the country’s best below!
Man Tries his Attempts at Evading Excess Luggage Charges at the Airport by Wearing Over 60 Layers of Clothing!
- Andrew Miller
Dec 31, 2012
As with many trips abroad, the purchasing of souvenirs for your friends and family and admittedly, the occasional gift for yourself is a routine common to most. The time and effort invested in making sure you have something for everyone can take its toll not only mentally, but also on the weight of your luggage upon arrival at the airport. “Just how can I get all this stuff through without being charged a fortune?” is I’m sure a fear that goes through the minds of many. When it comes to airport excess luggage costs, the excess cost itself can sometimes even exceed the actual value of the goods being brought back. Whatever is the case, nobody wants be charged excessively for something they’ve already paid for. Whether it be disposing of the gift’s packaging and then diligently placing it in your hand luggage, or if it happen to be a fashion accessory or item of clothing, wearing it as if it were your own, having some form of strategy is arguably better than being completely defenseless against the wrath that is the custom and excise department.
The other day, a man passing though China’s Kantan airport took this idea of ‘wearing your luggage’ to the extreme. Admittedly wrapping yourself in a couple of extra layers isn’t really any reason to warrant criticism and I’m sure it’s something many of us have considered at some point. What we’re talking about here is the act of piling on countless number of layers of clothing at once! Without question, such outrageousness cannot help but raise the suspicion of the airport staff.
- Korean tattoo artist’s small, simple, stylish “line tattoos” change our impression of getting inked1
- Ten things we learned at USJ: A muggle’s guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter2
- Considering a tattoo? Take it for a removable test run with these tattoo sleeves3
- Is it safe to dance yet? Uncertainty continues to reign supreme in Japan’s club scene4
- 35 fascinating photos of Korea from 100 years ago (before K-dramas took over Asia)5
- Raw, frozen eggs are the new food trend in Japan, apparently6
- Fukuoka’s “Wisteria Tunnel” delights visitors with pretty pastel petals7
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls8
- Transform a sushi mat into a stylish makeup tool organizer in just a few steps!9
- Trending on Twitter, girls draw themselves as dashing high school boys【Photos】10
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls1
- Clever font sneaks pronunciation guide for English speakers into Japanese katakana characters2
- Thai schoolgirl uniforms poised to edge out traditional Japanese ones in Japan?3
- Cat man from Kyushu walks nine cats in a stroller, draws crowds in Tokyo4
- Awesome Air Umbrella from China keeps you dry with blasts of air5
- Is the New Nintendo 3DS worth the purchase? Early adopters in Japan share their thoughts6
- The 10 best anime of the fall season, according to Japanese otaku7
- Why does Engrish happen in Japan?8
- Korean activists upset over plans to sew the anuses of river rats shut, make them eat each other9
- Beautiful old footage shows “God of Judo” Kyuzo Mifune gracefully defeat young challengers【Video】10
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】1
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China2
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked3
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea4
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls5
- Watch liquid turn into food at Japanese sample food factory 【Videos】6
- Japanese mothers react to being called by their first names after years of just being “Mama”7
- 10 things foreigners do that Japanese people find amusing8
- “Beautiful foreigner walking a polar bear” spotted at Shibuya’s famous crossing9
- Thai schoolgirl uniforms poised to edge out traditional Japanese ones in Japan?10
- “Mom’s 1st Birthday” – Try to get through this video without tearing up【Video】1
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】4
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China5
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later6
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked9
- Surgery, diet, and sunscreen transform heavy, swarthy Thai boy into slender, tan-free lady10
- Raw, frozen eggs are the new food trend in Japan, apparently
- Fukuoka’s “Wisteria Tunnel” delights visitors with pretty pastel petals
- Anime pregnancy tests: The latest otaku meme, and it’s not just for 2-D girls
- Transform a sushi mat into a stylish makeup tool organizer in just a few steps!
- Trending on Twitter, girls draw themselves as dashing high school boys【Photos】
- Chinese woman’s catty comeback to Korean colleague gets netizens talking
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- A little perspective: Malaysian graphic designer cleverly mixes movie posters and real life
- Election time or erection time? Taiwanese political ad features sexy bicyclist, and that’s about it
- Awesome Air Umbrella from China keeps you dry with blasts of air
- Shocking footage of accident on Japanese highway reminds us of the fragility of life 【Video】
- Worried about McDonald’s chicken in Japan? Don’t be! Free McNuggets ease your fears!
- Celebrate New Years in Pokémon style — with a monster ball filled with traditional osechi food!