Cosplaying has become a global hobby. From Hungary to Singapore and many places in between, people just can’t get enough of bringing their favorite fictional characters to life. But with so many costumes to carry around, what’s a traveling cosplayer to do? That’s where Coscase, a new type of suitcase that is specifically designed to support the lifestyle of cosplayers, comes in. Frentrep, the makers of Coscase are looking for backers on Motion Gallery, a funding platform similar to Kickstarter. Assuming you already own your own suitcase, is the Coscase worth an additional suitcase purchase? You decide.
Is that a giant eyeball in your luggage or are you just happy to see me?
Actually, it’s neither! What you’re looking at up there–and what’s staring back at you–is an art piece that rides the baggage carousel at a local Tottori Prefecture Airport. Realizing how boring it can be to wait for your luggage to come, the airport lets Medama no Oyaji ride around to his tiny heart’s content to cheer up impatient passengers.
But Tottori’s airport isn’t the only one getting in on the rotating art displays. Check out some of the country’s best below!
Man Tries his Attempts at Evading Excess Luggage Charges at the Airport by Wearing Over 60 Layers of Clothing!
Dec 31, 2012
As with many trips abroad, the purchasing of souvenirs for your friends and family and admittedly, the occasional gift for yourself is a routine common to most. The time and effort invested in making sure you have something for everyone can take its toll not only mentally, but also on the weight of your luggage upon arrival at the airport. “Just how can I get all this stuff through without being charged a fortune?” is I’m sure a fear that goes through the minds of many. When it comes to airport excess luggage costs, the excess cost itself can sometimes even exceed the actual value of the goods being brought back. Whatever is the case, nobody wants be charged excessively for something they’ve already paid for. Whether it be disposing of the gift’s packaging and then diligently placing it in your hand luggage, or if it happen to be a fashion accessory or item of clothing, wearing it as if it were your own, having some form of strategy is arguably better than being completely defenseless against the wrath that is the custom and excise department.
The other day, a man passing though China’s Kantan airport took this idea of ‘wearing your luggage’ to the extreme. Admittedly wrapping yourself in a couple of extra layers isn’t really any reason to warrant criticism and I’m sure it’s something many of us have considered at some point. What we’re talking about here is the act of piling on countless number of layers of clothing at once! Without question, such outrageousness cannot help but raise the suspicion of the airport staff.
- 4 Things women are banned from doing in Japan 【Women in Japan Series】1
- Flipping the kanji for “husband” upside-down reveals slightly worrying double meaning2
- We love Daiso, but sometimes the weird products just amuse us3
- No girlfriend at Christmas? Why not date your female self?4
- Japan’s premier beatboxer sets YouTube ablaze, annoys fans with lack of beatboxing5
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea6
- Vocaloid takes over teen karaoke scene, more than half of 2014’s top 20 songs synthetic7
- Big Hero 6 ads in Japan leave out the action, moviegoers surprised to find awesome robot flick8
- Former kimono painter turned ukiyo-e artist dazzles with exquisite modern-day paintings9
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu2
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood3
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women4
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20155
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】6
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG7
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】8
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website9
- Evacuation orders issued as town in northern Japan is flooded by rising tidewaters10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- Vocaloid takes over teen karaoke scene, more than half of 2014’s top 20 songs synthetic
- Big Hero 6 ads in Japan leave out the action, moviegoers surprised to find awesome robot flick
- Former kimono painter turned ukiyo-e artist dazzles with exquisite modern-day paintings
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu
- Unhinged Japanese boyband fan stalks “rival” on Twitter, demands they delete their account
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Truck driver hailed as “hero” for cutting off car on wet highway
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January
- One Piece becoming a kabuki play with the Straw Hat Pirates taking the stage in Tokyo
- Coming to Harajuku? Check out this new tourist booth for maps, Wi-Fi, crêpes and more!