A particular tunnel in Guizhou, China has been drawing attention for its unique ability to literally turn back the clock. According to reports, when one drives through the 400 meter tunnel there is a substantial chance that their clocks will go back exactly one hour.
Under Its au Brand, Japanese Cellular Service Provider KDDI Unveils World’s Largest and Highest Resolution Smartphone
- John Stuart Translations
Apr 1, 2013
When he realized he’d primarily been using his smartphone in bed, Nemool Smith, an au product designer and chief hardware architect, wanted a more comfortable and rewarding user experience. Coming up blank in an online search for solutions, Nemool got an idea and decided to approach his bosses at KDDI and get their permission to design a radically new hardware platform he was sure would revolutionize the way people used their phones. The result has set the tech world abuzz, and has the potential to vault KDDI to the top of the global smartphone market.
Introducing the new au zzzPhoneBed by KDDI
- Philip Kendall
Mar 26, 2013
There are few things worse for the tech fan of the 21st century than a smartphone running out of juice while out and about. Even newer smartphones start flagging after four or five hours of constant web surfing or video watching, meaning that remembering to pack a charging cable is, for some, almost as vital as the device itself. Thankfully, dozens of electronics makers have responded to this problem by launching pocket-sized mobile batteries that can provide smartphones with a full charge simply by plugging in a cable, keeping users playing games and posting OMFG and LOLZ comments all day long without fear of their gadget falling asleep on them.
We’re not sure that a couple of bags of sand will provide all that much energy, though…
- Philip Kendall
Mar 5, 2013
The world may well be completely besotted with iPhones and Samsung-made Android devices right now, but Sony isn’t prepared to take a back seat and watch its profits and reputation go down the U-bend. In a recent conference, head of Sony Mobile Kunimasa Suzuki pledged to step up and reclaim ground lost in recent years. Rather than making unrealistic promises and declaring out-and-out war on the iPhone, however, the Japanese tech giant is keeping things realistic and is aiming at third place in the world’s mobile market.
Remember way back when Japan was the land of mobile milk and honey. Tales of cell phones with built-it TVs and cameras were the envy of the world. Then Apple stepped in and brought the whole thing crashing down.
Now, as I stand on the train surrounded by people poking at little plastic rectangles I conceal my once luxurious Panasonic P706ie in shame.
To support these once mighty phones, an extensive infrastructure was set up across the country. However, this entire network couldn’t be exported easily and was confined to the islands which made them. They were garapagosu-ka (Galapagos-ized).
- Philip Kendall
Jan 8, 2013
We’re sure that there are plenty of people out there who enjoyed just a smidgen too much alcohol or Christmas pudding over holidays and ended up glued to the toilet as a result. Or, if you’re situated in this writer’s native UK, perhaps you’ve recently become acquainted with the chuckle-fest that is Noro virus as it sweeps through the nation like a modern-day diarrhoea and vomit-sponsored Beatlemania.
Well now you can relive that episode of gastric hell on earth with these cute earphone jack stoppers featuring tiny black and white plastic figures clinging to the toilet for dear life while appealing to the gods to “let it stop, oh please let it stop!”
- Philip Kendall
Dec 20, 2012
I’m sure we’d all like to think that our friends and loved ones smile whenever they see our names pop up on their phones, and that each text message or email appears alongside a cute nickname or something informal and loving. But if you caught sight of your better half’s mobile phone screen while you were calling them and “Stinky Soy Beans” popped up, you might not be too pleased.
Over at My Navi News Q&A — a service not unlike Yahoo! Answers which, as we saw yesterday, can yield some pretty interesting responses of its own — a 26-year-old woman in Japan shared her worries after discovering that her boyfriend had entered her name on his smartphone as “nattō: GM Free”, fermented soybeans renown and hated by many for their strong smell and extremely gooey texture.
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong1
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act2
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】3
- Doraemon meets Dragon Ball in the weirdest mash up we’ve seen today4
- Amazing Lego artist spends six months bringing Hatsune Miku into the physical world5
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】6
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】7
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly8
- Brutal four-panel comic explains why Japanese salaryman are trapped in their jobs9
- Sailor Moon in the City of Angels at LA art exhibit going on right now 【Photos】10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour2
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos3
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly4
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong5
- Ten-year-old illustrator getting national attention for his unique style of portraits6
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】7
- See what 13 stuffed toys look like after a wash at the home spa8
- We finally get to meet Goku’s mother — and we think she’s a real cutie!9
- Sad breakfasts the morning after a fight【Photos】10
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea1
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)2
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】3
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos4
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork5
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success6
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Admirers express their love for Crimean attorney general in the purest way they can: cute fan art9
- Who’s inside those theme park costumes? In China, it could be this 75-year-old woman10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】4
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】
- Taiwanese student creates incredible art with materials others would throw away【Photos】
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly
- Brutal four-panel comic explains why Japanese salaryman are trapped in their jobs
- Sailor Moon in the City of Angels at LA art exhibit going on right now 【Photos】
- Touching commercial pulls off a hat-trick to hit us right in the feels once again
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- Live-action Attack on Titan film casts lead role, sets filming location and start date
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- A Maasai tribesman in Ginza: How Tokyo fashion empowers women a world away in Africa 【Photos】
- Cute girls are universal! Japanese netizens rave over a Chinese girl who is “too cute”【Photos】
- Gross! Kindergarten teacher pees in his female colleagues’ tea
- I thought everyone was exaggerating about how great the airport in Seoul was until I actually went there