Yangon, Myanmar’s largest city, has a ton of internet cafes. There are also coffee shops with wi-fi, and places where you can plug into the net directly, so our intrepid author had no trouble getting online when he was there. He tells us about his experience. Read More
- Master Blaster
Apr 26, 2013
RocketNews24 writer GO is an avid Apple fan and user of all things whose names possess a lower case “i” or the word “Mac”. As such, whenever he’s travelling it’s comforting for him to find an Apple store nearby. He can feel relieved that there’s a place to go if one of his gadgets gets out of sorts, and it’s fun to see if there are any differences in other countries.
In a recent visit to Yangon, Myanmar’s largest city, we made a rather interest discovery; it would appear Facebook was trying to muscle in on the hot Southeast Asian clothing market.
Even after closer inspection, however, we were unable to determine whether or not Zuckerburg and crew were in fact the backers behind this chic apparel retailer.
- Philip Kendall
Mar 19, 2013
As a lifelong gamer, I’ve often wondered how those who share their nationality with video game bad guys feel when they are confronted with their on-screen countrymen’s antics. Being a native Brit, more often than not I’m able to sit back and have my ego massaged when I play my games as my countrymen are usually portrayed as, or are at least in league with, the heroes and champions of justice. (Although I consent that U.S. directors’ penchant for nefarious villains with English accents sometimes provides us with exceptions to the rule.) But what of all the German gamers who are tasked with mowing down their fellow nationals in literally dozens of World War II shooters? How many times have Russians had to sit through lazy depictions of vodka-swilling madmen in leather coats holding the detonators to nuclear weapons? As Disney’s latest movie Wreck it Ralph taught us in its own cutesy way, it’s not much fun being the designated bad guy all the time.
During his recent trip to Myanmar, our reporter Go decided to scratch his game itch by calling into a video game arcade and seeing what kind of electronic distractions the locals were spending their change on. Little did he know, however, that he was about to come face to face with an arcade cabinet decorated with cartoon images of deranged Japanese soldiers, just begging to be shot in the head.
Those of you who abhor the very idea of eating food that’s been anywhere near a creepy-crawly may wish to look away now.
Here at RocketNews24 we like to pride ourselves on our willingness to take up unusual food challenges. If we’re not baking Big Mac bread or gorging on bacon, we’re fighting our way through a kilo of curry and rice for your enjoyment. So as soon as word reached Rocket Towers that a nearby restaurant was serving up genuine insect cuisine, our reporter Mr Sato immediately sprang into action and boarded a train to Takadanobaba.
Who’d have thought that deep-fried imomushi (hairless caterpillars or hornworms) could be so delicious that they could bring smiles to our reporter’s face?
- Pikachus overrunning Yokohama in the cutest rodent invasion ever 【Video】1
- Ryokan etiquette: What not to do when staying at a traditional Japanese inn2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight4
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture5
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis6
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】7
- Japanese scientist predicts another major earthquake in Japan by 20178
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan9
- Optimus Prime to upgrade from truck form to PlayStation Classic form in 201510
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight1
- 16-year-old girl arrested for beheading classmate in Japan’s Nagasaki Prefecture2
- This watermelon might be the most disappointing thing you see today3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’5
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker6
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis7
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break8
- 10 obscure Japanese vending machine drinks that fly under the beverage radar9
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Little kid causes a stink after parents tell him to poop in his seat during Delta Airlines flight7
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】9
- This amazing water cake just may be the most delicate sweet ever created!10
- Vietnamese man, angry at wife, hatches bizarre revenge scheme: Cut off his own penis
- New video from Wagakki Band “Hanabi” is an original, awesome song【J-Tunes】
- Japanese scientist predicts another major earthquake in Japan by 2017
- Blogger’s silly video of types of dancers at Singapore clubs is trending in Japan
- Optimus Prime to upgrade from truck form to PlayStation Classic form in 2015
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Sumida River Fireworks Festival aftermath: Not everyone in Japan has perfect manners after all
- What turned Tokyo Disneyland into the Loneliest Place on Earth last weekend?
- Ghost story cats or a typo? Cute overload either way!
- Are you a solo dining expert? Rank yourself with this Korean “lone diner guide”!
- If an onigiri and a cheeseburger had a baby, it’d be a Bakudan Musubi
- Two people tragically die after Chinese woman drops her cell phone into a cesspool