Japan’s Yomiuri Newspaper reported on Tuesday that Ibaraki Prefectural Police had arrested two men on suspicions that they abused a 12 year-old girl they had met using Nintendo’s Internet-connected 3DS portable gaming system. Even though the girl’s parents had used parental controls to disable the Internet access on the 3DS, she found a way to reconnect the device and go online, which led her to the two middle-aged men.
Being human, there are times when we lose control of ourselves in a state of extreme excitement. Some people scream, some dance, some cry, some may even wet their pants. On 12 October, Pokémon fans of the world rejoiced over the global release of two new titles, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Popular seiyuu voice actor and otaku idol Shoko Nakagawa (or more affectionately known as Shokotan) expressed her ecstasy by going on a Pokémon binge, literally.
It seems like just about every other video game released these days also appears in “collector’s edition” form featuring all manner of inserts, plastic trinkets and overly elaborate packaging, with publishers cashing in simply by dropping the term “limited edition”. Usually this results in a few thousand people having the same cheaply-produced goods piling up in their game grottos that will seldom be worth much more than they paid, but in the case of the Taiwanese release of Doraemon: Nobita’s Number Adventure for Nintendo 3DS, there’s a certain item up for grabs that might just be worth a few extra pennies in years to come.
Japan’s version of the widely popular online video streaming site, Hulu, has just announced that starting this summer they will be making themselves available on the Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL. Not long ago, Nintendo announced its intention to branch out and turn their 3DS systems into an eBook reader. Now, they are expanding into the streaming video market as well, by pursuing a kid-friendly collaboration with Hulu Japan. The app’s release is scheduled for mid-August. Read More
This Tuesday, Nintendo announced via Japan’s economics newspaper, Nikkei, that they will soon begin releasing e-books geared toward children on their 3DS platform. Over the years, Nintendo has had notable success with the grade school demographic within Japan, and so, in order to take advantage of this popularity, they have amassed a collection of approximately 300 Japanese children’s books and will begin releasing them this fall.
The Nintendo 3DS is the video game industry’s first handheld that allows users to enjoy games in 3D. While cinema and, more recently, television have already made their foray into 3D, Nintendo’s innovative hardware allows users to enjoy 3D without the need for the trademark glasses other media relies on.
But what happens when you do try to play the 3DS using 3D glasses? Our editors here at RocketNews have tentatively confirmed that wearing 3D glasses when playing the 3DS can provide an improved 3D experience! Read More
Undoubtedly, the most anticipated feature of the Nintendo 3DS is…well, the stereoscopic 3D! No longer oppressed by plastic glasses, the common man is now free to enjoy three-dimensional vision with his naked eye.
Yet, while the 3D may be the main appeal of Nintendo’s new handheld, there is another feature we think should stoke your fire: the Augmented Reality (AR) function. The 3DS includes six specially designed paper cards, five of which bear well-known Nintendo characters. Thanks to the rear-facing cameras and a bit of magic, viewing one of these cards through your 3DS screen causes the respective character to appear in 3D space. Read More
- [Quiz] How Well Do You Know Your Japanese Hand Gestures?1
- Adorable chinchilla causes Japanese netizens to have cute attack 【Photos】2
- From “Love Princess” to “Silent Hill”: Awesome Japanese prefecture names changed into English3
- Why is Japan Turning Blue at Night? More and More Streets Being Draped in Peacefully Bizarre Azure Lights4
- Your holiday (counterfeit) gift-buying guide!5
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer6
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】7
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles8
- We compare global attitudes about cosmetic surgery9
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato10
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】2
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato3
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer4
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour5
- Live-action Attack on Titan gets release date, new director6
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts7
- Girl runs away from home to stop her parents from buying a Japanese car8
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected9
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent10
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】1
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】2
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】3
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs4
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!5
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong6
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right7
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China8
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】9
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer
- Godzilla remake trailer released! Aims to stay true to the original movie【Video】
- 13 surprising Japanese translations of American movie titles
- We compare global attitudes about cosmetic surgery
- McDonald’s Japan now serving delicious balls of cheese and potato
- Men’s butts are shaped like green peppers, according to this butt illustration guide
- 10 Japanese foods you can make at home!
- Shocked at the bakery – check out these pictures of bread that totally turned out wrong!
- Let’s learn a little Japanese with this dead squid in a parking lot
- 16 films based on popular manga series hitting Japanese cinemas in 2014
- Pantene Philippines calls out sexism in the workplace with clever ad
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- An amazing 1,300-year old way of fishing involving birds diving underwater is going extinct