Geez, is it just my imagination, or is there an increasing number of people these days who try to solve all problems with money in haste? Seriously, even relationship problems. A 26-year-old woman in China got slapped with a wad of Chinese yuan when her boyfriend found out that she was cheating on him with a “cyber husband” on an online gaming platform. And here I thought such distasteful behavior only existed in melodramatic TV soap operas.
For anyone who loves gaming but often gets told by those around them to put their efforts into something more productive, we here at RocketNews24 have some great news. It comes in the form of a job post searching for someone to play video games for three months that carries a million yen (US$10,000) reward. Gaming all day only to be paid a salary at the end of it, is for many, the stuff dreams are made of. But believe it or not, this is a real job posting that is valid right now in Japan.
- John Stuart Translations
May 13, 2013
On the morning of May 13, GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. (JASDAQ Standard) rose by its maximum allowable single day limit of 300,000 yen (approx. US$3,000). The stock increased 28.79 percent to 1.342 million yen (approx. US$13,420). The rise comes on the heels of a 17 percent gain on Friday, May 9.
- Andrew Miller
Jan 6, 2013
Co-operative online gaming is defined by the sense of mutual indispensability it brings; regardless of the age, nationality or sex of the player you are teaming up with, taking on a particular role as a team is what makes it so fascinating — and addicting. If you suddenly pull out, your allied team mate is left to settle the dilemma first hand. Vise versa, if you’re left to tackle the enemy yourself, you feel equally betrayed. It is this unspoken agreement of “I’ll watch your back if you watch mine” that compounds the feeling of seeing the game through to the end.
On this is note, let me introduce an episode involving a twenty-three year old social recluse’s online gaming antics that has recently been making the news in China. The father of this twenty-three year old gamer grew concerned that his son was becoming too obsessed with the gaming world; not having any interest in finding a job or placing his efforts into anything but gaming, the son’s father resorted to a rather unique measure in attempt to stop his son in his tracks.
Most fathers, when confronted with a similar problem, would tell their son to get his act together or even go so far as to confiscate his gaming equipment. What this father did however was hire an ‘online hunter’ or, in other words, a ‘gaming pro’, to shoot down his son inside the game itself and thus destroys his son’s ‘online gaming morale’.
Some will undoubtedly be exclaiming “that’s pure ingenuity” others, “isn’t that going a little bit too far?!”
- Japanese women dish about being betrayed by their female friends1
- Japanese driver fails to stop at a yellow light, turns herself in to the police2
- Japan Self-Defense Force’s elite Central Band performs Hatsune Miku song Senbonzakura3
- Japanese high school student becomes Twitter sensation showing difference between time with boyfriend and friends4
- Japanese Twitter users and the tale of the broken battery5
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single6
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!7
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea8
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some9
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site10
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly1
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong2
- 12 gender-bent Disney and Ghibli characters that are utter perfection3
- 10 Japanese expressions that sound delightfully strange and funny when translated4
- So, the Dalai Lama walks into a convenience store in rural Japan… 【Photos】5
- Lady Gaga goes gaga for Hatsune Miku, makes virtual idol her opening act6
- Advice from Japanese women on dealing with your boyfriend’s anime girlfriend7
- Real-life barbie bares real-life face in minimal makeup selfies【Photos】8
- “Racist” Air France geisha poster prompts satirical home-made fixes9
- Cat greets its returning owner with so much warmth we’d swear it was puppy love10
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)1
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos2
- Daughter of Osamu Tezuka, God of Manga, discovers his stash of hand-drawn sexy mouse artwork3
- Little store managers take over FamilyMart in Taiwan, hilarity and tons of cute in store【Video】4
- 【TBT】China’s Photoshop experts will fix your bad photos, but be careful what you wish for5
- The extreme lengths Samsung must go to make sure your Galaxy phone works perfectly6
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea7
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour8
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success9
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong10
- Korean high schools allow “anything goes” yearbook photos, with hilarious results1
- Taiwan’s Gravity Max – Quite possibly the scariest roller coaster in the world2
- Don’t call them fat, call them Marshmallow Girls!3
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea4
- Beautiful gym babe impresses Chinese netizens with her incredible fitness!【Pics & GIFs】5
- Picture perfect siblings of 18 years apart melt the hearts of Chinese netizens【Photos】6
- Attack on Titan’s studio head talks sequels, keys to the hit anime’s success7
- Unfortunate Google employee forced to wander alone on eerie abandoned island for Street View photos8
- Chinese Photoshop Trolls and the Half-Blood Prisoner of the Deathly Phoenix Goblet (Part 6)9
- Ghibli’s Hayao Miyazaki says the anime industry’s problem is that it’s full of anime fans10
- “How many freakin’ CDs do I have to buy?” Fans displeased with idol group’s debut single
- Poster for Ghibli’s new movie under fire … from the big guru himself!
- Japanese netizens put reality on hold for a moment, fall in love with new attorney general of Crimea
- Chinese “porn identification officer” has seen over 600,000 adult videos, threw up after watching some
- Here are the weirdest things you can buy on Alibaba’s English site
- Photos of women with and without make-up show that reality is what you make it
- Better know a train nerd: 36 different classifications for Japan’s “densha otaku”
- How Microsoft created a virtual assistant that could blow Siri away
- Japan’s king of curry restaurants enters the instant noodle market, we taste the results
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- The pillows fans rejoice! You could win a contest to meet the band in Tokyo【Videos】
- Miss Todai/weather forecaster Ayaka Sawada’s adorable drawings
- Healthy ice cream? Well, these new Häagen-Dazs vegetable flavors at least sound healthy!