Is this a masterpiece in culinary art? Of course not, but it surely captures the look and feel of a titan from the series Attack on Titan. Voice actress Yuki Takao has been making and sharing her bento creations on her blog, and her unique style is starting to get some attention. Everyone needs a hobby, even famous people, and with their busy schedules, we’re sure they really appreciate the chance to relax and enjoy their time off. Yuki seems to spend it making unique bento and with food art like this, you have to wonder, what other creations has she made???
Jan 12, 2013
Quirky Japanese designer Takayuki Fukuzawa is on a mission to make people smile.
A graduate of Tokyo’s Nihon University, Fukuzawa started designing his own unique brand of “humourous art and design” products not long after entering full-time employment as a home designer. After bringing smiles to exhibition attendees’ faces and realising that he might be on to something, he quickly established his own company, ekoD Works (pronounced “eco doh”), and hasn’t looked back since.
Japan’s Excite News sat down with Fukuzawa to pick his brains about his unusual product line-up, the meaning behind the company name and the runaway success of his mercilessly cheeky “Wild Idea Mapping red Bra T-shirt”.
Nov 8, 2012
Japanese food manufacturer Nissin, maker of incredibly popular “like fresh” instant noodle brand Raō, has taken the unusual step of opening a tiny restaurant of its own in Shibuya station, Tokyo. The restaurant opened just yesterday and is situated, of all places, in the very centre of the busy Yamanote line platform.
The miniature restaurant’s menu consists of just two items: two flavours of regular, shop-bought instant ramen, each costing just 250 yen (US$3).
Always eager to try out new food and discover interesting new locations, our intrepid RocketNews24 reporters headed down to see the restaurant for themselves.
Watches used to be unique in their blend of fashion and function. They were a necessary part of daily life, but also a way to express yourself. This is a custom that may be dying out as mobile phones take more of a hold in our lives. Personally I haven’t worn one in about three years.
With an ever shrinking market, watchmakers are having to come up with completely new, off-the-wall ideas to get people into their product. The following is a collection of their results watchmakers, ranging from the beautifully exotic to the mind-bendingly weird.
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】1
- Japan’s 10 best ryokan inns and top 10 hotels, as chosen by foreign visitors2
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village3
- Guy asks Twitter to decode late uncle’s encrypted message, gets results in matter of hours4
- Super-hot female member of real life superhero group captures Japanese hearts5
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?6
- Japanese film pros ranked their top movies to show kids, with Ghibli titles sweeping the top 37
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar8
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony9
- We test the mayonnaise hair pack, plus give vegetable and olive oil a shot, and the winner is…10
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute7
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US8
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile9
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?
- Japanese film pros ranked their top movies to show kids, with Ghibli titles sweeping the top 3
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony
- We test the mayonnaise hair pack, plus give vegetable and olive oil a shot, and the winner is…
- Zao Fox Village: Where all your cutes are belong to us
- Chinese sand artist tickles the heartstrings of manga fans with stunning sand manga drawings 【Videos】
- Twitter artist reimagines 64 pokémon as “Substitute” plushies to adorable results
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!
- Young man’s clever use of an umbrella saves injured kitten
- Free to download Japanese marriage applications are cute, stylish, and legally binding
- Cats, dogs, pandas & more! An irresistible collection of photos and videos of animals in the snow
- Foreigner cyclist pulls a Gandalf, stands up to driver using bike lane in Beijing