On 18 February the Indonesian National Police issued a warning to citizens about some harmful matter which may be circulating amongst the public. The article in question is a child-sized cotton top which features images of two cartoon pandas engaging in numerous positions of sexual intercourse.
Feb 14, 2015
Pandas have a pretty laid-back and serene image, don’t they? When you picture pandas, you probably imagine them lazing around, maybe chewing on some bamboo or their own feet.
But it turns out that when you put a bunch of pandas into a zoo enclosure together, you sometimes wind up with a panda death match, a veritable battle royale of pandas, where escape is futile and the fight goes on until only one panda emerges victorious! Okay, so they’re only play-fighting, but it’s still really, really cute!
Nov 27, 2014
Though the “Panda Train” that runs between Kyōto and the beach resort town of Shirahama in Wakayama Prefecture has been around for a few years, Japanese netizens recently have been making quite the hubbub over photos of its panda seats. Online reactions range from “Kawaiiii!” to “It looks like it’ll hug me to death!”, but most agree that they’re simply confused by the presence of polyurethane pandas on a train heading to a former honeymoon Mecca.
While Shirahama (lit. “White Beach”) is famous for its beautiful sand, hot springs, and remarkable rock formations, many in Japan are surprisingly unaware of its other claim to fame: pandas. Read on to learn more about the crowd-pleasing train and a theme park complex called Adventure World, which has a panda-breeding and research facility with an impressive track record that’s second only to mainland China. If you’re already tired of the cold this winter, this article may give you some ideas for next summer!
Oct 21, 2014
Could there be any job better than panda keepers? Sure “chocolate-peanut-butter combination inspector” would be better if that job existed, but sadly it does not. What a dream it would be to spend every day with the world’s cutest animal!
Then again, like anything I suppose you’d get a little desensitized to the puffy black ears and roly-poly physique only to be left with constant bamboo eating, butt-scratching, and all the poop that goes along with such a lifestyle. Just watch as this panda keeper tries to give a couple cubs their medicine. The result is a cuteness-packed two minutes for us and a two-on-one wrestling match for the guy in the video.
May 26, 2014
The power of makeup is both awe-inspiring and downright terrifying. With the swipe of a single brush, people can transform themselves into completely different beings (just take a look at Ukraine’s real-life Barbie when she’s not wearing makeup). After you get used to someone wearing makeup all the time, it can even be a shock to see that person bare-faced.
Take this panda, for instance. On the left you see a typically adorable panda. On the right, well, we’ve got an image of what a panda would look like without any of its trademark “eye makeup.” And boy, what a difference it makes!
May 19, 2014
Sure, we’re crazy about cats and otters and penguins here at RocketNews24, but we’ve got to admit, pandas are pretty darn cute too, whatever form they come in (even when they’re not actual pandas but an entirely different animal in disguise) . This time, the pandas come in an edible form that’s sweet to both look at and eat. They’re the “Fluffy Panda Rolls” (Funwari Panda Roll), and like the countless other panda products out there, they’re utterly adorable!
Fads come and go, changing “what’s cool” every few years, sometimes even as quickly as a few months. As far as pets go, we’ve gone everywhere from ant farms and sea monkeys to pet rocks and tamagotchi. It’s also become acceptable to dress up our pets in clothing and costumes; even turning your animal another shade isn’t that unusual either.
But this next fashion that is all the rage in China right now is creating quite a panda-mic!
Jan 19, 2014
What could be cuter than a fluffy, rolly-polly panda? A panda full of gooey strawberry-milk flavored cream of course. That’s just what Ginza Cozy Corner is cooking up at their L’Ueno shop this month.
Let’s face it, the world has a giant love for giant pandas. The cuddly endangered species are easily the most popular bears on earth, thanks to their unique monotone hide and laid-back nature. Sometimes we wonder if they know that they are almost like superstars, with a huge following of humans creating (and eating) foodstuffs inspired by them, and live streaming cameras allowing people across the globe to watch them like the paparazzi keeping a tab on some Hollywood star.
While we’ve seen videos of the adorable animals enjoying their day in enclosure, the folks in Sichuan province in southwest China have managed to capture rare footage of pandas in the wild for the first time after more than 10 years of observation. Watch this big fuzzy bear do a handstand while he thinks no one’s watching.
Although pandas originally come from Japan’s neighbors to the east, the country has welcomed the cuddly creatures with open arms, putting them on anything from clothing to cars. But we’re most impressed by the panda’s ability to assimilate into Japanese food, taking over our meals and turning them into an adorable experience. Let’s take a look at 15 delicious pandas from Japan.
Michelle Lynn Dinh
Oct 26, 2013
Pandas by themselves are adorable, but when you find a different animal that resembles those black and white creatures, it’s cuteness overload! First, we found Pandagators, which may or may not be categorized as “cute” for some people, but we’d say they’re far less terrifying than the original and teetering towards the cuteness realm. But this next panda-like animal is undeniably delightful. Can you guess what it is?
When it comes to cuteness contests, even a single panda cub is tough to beat, so you can probably imagine how we squealed like schoolgirls when we stumbled upon this footage of fourteen of them lined up in rows in a crib.
We don’t care how cute your videos of your pet are – unless it’s a duckling wearing a sling or a kitten sneezing feathers while wearing a Pikachu onesie, nothing is going to beat this!
Mar 13, 2013
In a somewhat unusual move yesterday, Japan’s Ueno Zoo released a video on its official website of its two pandas, Shin Shin and Ri Ri, copulating in their enclosure.
Rest assured that neither smooth jazz nor scented candles were involved in the incident and that this article is perfectly safe to be read at work.
China’s Internet indignation was recently set off yet again by images portraying a “dirty panda.” The panda which was photographed relaxing in its enclosure seems to have taken upon a yellowish hue.
Since then there have been scores of netizens throwing accusations of abuse at the zoo in Nanchang over what is normally the cutest and most beloved member of the bear family.
Hey guys and gals do you want to get down and dirty with our stable of sexy pandas? Ting-Ting was a promising med student keeping herself modestly covered by thick fur. But after injuring her leg heli-skiing and getting her lower half shaved she is ready to get wild with you for just $5.95 a minute.
Oct 31, 2012
Okay, who likes pandas?
Of course you do! How could you not? They’re fuzzy and cute, they walk around eating bamboo all day, they rarely maul people to death when they bump into them in the woods like their bigger brown relatives… That said, with fewer than 3,000 pandas estimated to be in existence across the globe, the chances of running into one while out for a morning stroll are pretty slim…
So thank goodness that Ueno Zoo in Tokyo– home to two of just 11 pandas in the country– has installed a set of cameras in its panda enclosure, allowing the public to take a sneaky peek at the pair from the comfort of their own home.
Flat-Screen Folk Art Rallies to Save the Surprisingly Deep Culture of Putting Stuff on Top of Your TV Set
Aug 29, 2012
After the recent switch from analog to digital terrestrial broadcasting in Japan, more and more people are making the switch to flat screen units. And as the streets find themselves more and more littered with discarded boxy cathode ray tube model TV’s, Japan may have accidentally thrown something else in the trash – a piece of their culture and heritage.
As a rule of thumb, if you want to cuten something up, add some panda. Just look at these panda rice balls (onigiri). There is no other animal on this planet that can make a ball of white rice look this adorable.
We know what you’re thinking: “Sure they’re cute, and I’d love to make them myself, but don’t you need the dexterity of a Japanese ninja housewife to do so?”
Not anymore you don’t! The panda rice balls you see above were actually made by one of our Japanese reporters (single, female, hasn’t made a bento in 5 years) with the help of the fabulous “Panda Onigiri Set,” which can be purchased for around $13 from sites like Bento & co or JBOX.
Already own a Panda Onigiri Set but are having trouble getting your rice balls to look like the ones in the picture? RocketNews24 is here to pander to your needs with our step-by-step guide to making adorable panda onigiri!
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- J-pop unit Perfume’s innovative projection mapping at US performance creates worldwide buzz2
- Pikachu puts on a suit, hopes hiring managers will hire him as a business formal plushie3
- Must try harder: This crane game in Japan is laughably bad 【Video】4
- Five simple ways to take your curry rice to the next level5
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll6
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”7
- A new yuru-kyara from Kyoto you have to see to believe8
- Adorable Ili pika photographed for the first time in 20 years9
- We love wagyu! We spend an evening learning about (and eating) Japanese beef10
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines1
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives2
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map3
- Which do you like? Twitter asks if you prefer girls naughty on the inside or outside4
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】5
- Teen whose Frozen chalkboard art went viral gets an art commission before a high school diploma6
- Thai celebrity posts video ranting about Chinese tourists turning orderly line into free-for-all7
- Buyer’s remorse? Not if you’ve got confidence like this girl8
- Japanese women list the top 10 lies they can spot the second a guy says them9
- Public reacts in horror as poster in Shinjuku Station threatens even more exits10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Japanese netizens stare at red dot for 30 seconds, freak out when they see what happens6
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20157
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives8
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin9
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby3
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】4
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”5
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines6
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing7
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】8
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】9
- Internet ready to shut up and take your money as preorders finally start for Cat Ear Headphones10
- Six anime songs people are sick of hearing at karaoke, according to new poll
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”
- A new yuru-kyara from Kyoto you have to see to believe
- Adorable Ili pika photographed for the first time in 20 years
- We love wagyu! We spend an evening learning about (and eating) Japanese beef
- Satisfy all your slicing and dicing needs with this incredibly kawaii kitty kitchen knife
- Japan government hard at work trying to prevent Shibuya Ward approving same-sex marriages
- How do deep-fried frog burgers taste? We find out at Yokohama cafe 【Taste test】
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives
- Inspirations for April Fools’ pranks (you can thank us later)【Photos】
- The latest pet fashion trend in Japan: The scrunchie collar【Photos】
- Ever tried to catch pudding in your mouth after it’s dropped from a fourth-floor balcony? 【Video】
- How washing your itasha makes it look more dirty than clean