Photo editing software like Photoshop can accomplish some impressive things when placed in the hands of a professional. When digital adjustments are perfectly rendered atop actual photographs, it can be hard to tell what’s real and what’s altered. There are times where these skills are used for silly fun, but when the aim of the game is sly deception, it’s especially important to ensure that none of your pixels are showing! For example, these photos out of North Korea could use a few more touch-ups.
The extreme Photoshop manipulation of fashion models – female ones especially – is probably one of the worst kept secrets of the fashion industry nowadays. But one advocacy group went beyond simple before/after photos and staged a photo shoot from start to finish to show just how crazy the process really is.
Global Democracy – a group that sort of weirdly advocates advocacy – created the time-lapse video that transforms an already perfectly good looking female model into physically unachievable perfection in a little over 30 seconds.
It’s an issue we encounter almost every day. From endless media outlets, we as consumers are constantly barraged with unrealistic beauty standards, which women and men alike must struggle to attain…that or become masters of Photoshop and exist on the Internet as a doctored illusion. Yeah, the professional paint program wasn’t quite enough to turn this unfortunate-looking man into a beautiful babe, but as long as there’s a working base to build from, the level of perfection that a bit of digital editing can help one attain is approaching divine. And yet, so many people are still surprised—horrified at times—to see a person’s “true” face after getting to know them as they appear in their profiles.
The following set of photos has been showing up on Asian news outlets as a sort of shocking reveal. But all we’re shocked by is the fact that a bit of make-up and basic Photoshop is still considered breaking news.
We’ve seen the Chinese Photoshop masters work their magic in Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, which leaves us to wonder, exactly how creative can they get? Also, were those requests really sent in by the people in the photographs? Apparently we’re not the only ones pondering those questions. One brave hero sacrificed himself as a lab rat to test the limits of these photo editing experts. This time, only one photo was sent, and with a very simple request. Guess what?
On 6 October, Korean Central News Agency reported that North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-Un had visited the Pyongyang Children’s Hospital which is still under construction. Of course, such a shocking story couldn’t be published without some photographs to corroborate it. So here you go!
Our favorite Photoshoppers are back with a new series of hilariously doctored photos, and this time they’ve gone after the very heart of the Internet: cats! That’s right, your Monday just got a whole lot better!
The internet in China was lit up recently by photos of a young model showing off her rather meaty upper-arms. Being titled “China’s Most Beautiful Man,” a large number of netizens are declaring Photoshop shenanigans afoot, but all agree that her photos dressed up as Street Fighter mainstay Chun-Li are “kind of hot”.
Those pesky Korean Photoshop trolls are at it again and no photo is safe from their meddling antics. It all started in China, where simple requests to fix a seemingly innocent photo resulted in man bras, boobie shots, and a literal interpretation of “hot sh*t.” The Photoshop wizards of Korea answered back with Baby Iron Man, terrifying sea monsters, and a heavenly auntie.
China or Korea? Which country’s Photoshop trolls did a better job? We suppose it doesn’t really matter who is the victor in this situation. The real winners are those of us who get to have a few laughs…at the expense of requesters who should have chosen their words a little more carefully.
Yesterday we brought you news that Nintendo will be releasing a brand new version of its popular 3DS handheld console, this time featuring a flat, slate-style design but with its top screen’s 3-D functions removed. Dubbed the “2DS”, the console is aimed primarily at younger audiences and will be sold for some US$40-50 dollars less than its 3-D-enabled brethren.
Within just a few hours of its unveiling, however, images made by digital jokesters all over the world began appearing online showing Nintendo exactly what they thought of the new console’s unusual design. Here’s a sample of some of the best so far.
Market analysts have been reeling after the announcement of South Korean upstarts in the lucrative field of Photoshop trolling. For those unfamiliar, this is when people submit their photos for processing to remove unwanted people or change backgrounds. However, inevitably the Photoshop specialist “misunderstands” the request and a good time is had by all… except for the person submitting the photo I guess.
For example, a woman asking to look like a superhero should have been more specific when the Photoshop artist choose the Invisible Woman and wiped her from the image completely. Previously China had a firm hold on Photoshop trolling in Asia but now it appears South Korea is stepping up to the plate. Let’s see what they’ve got!
All over the internet we often see examples of the wonders that can be done with Photoshop and a little artistic talent. It’s enough to make you wonder what the limits of this photo processing software are.
The zebra and lego brick-hiding Twitter experimenters at Japanese website Omocoro believe they have found the ultimate test of Photoshop’s abilities. In this challenge they dare a Photoshop professional to turn one of their writers, named “Mankind’s All-time Foulest Beast”, into the epitome of female beauty using his software.
After a particularly strong showing at the recent Summer Olympics, China takes great pride in its athletic programs. However, when it comes to soccer, they are currently sitting in 95th place and are wondering how to change their fortunes.
Luckily, a Chinese Photoshop troll wandered along and came up with a way to rescue the struggling team.
Just when you thought it was safe to ask someone to touch up your photo, China’s Photoshop-proficient wags are back to corrupt people’s innocent image processing wishes.
In case, you missed Part 1 or even Part 2 of the series, the process involves someone asking for their photo to be improved, only to have the meaning of their words intentionally twisted for the sake of (our) humor. For example, the lady above was hoping she could look “sexier” through doctoring. Alas, she soon found that sexiness is in the eye of the beholder, or rather the person doing the ‘shopping.
Now that we’re all up to speed, on with the show.
It’s a universal truth that when large things are made small, they become infinitely cuter. We at RocketNews24 must have documented this phenomenon 100 times over. From tiny crochet figures to cat nuts, small-sized items are just so darn adorable.
But what about shrinking only one part of an object? Cute or just plain creepy?
When head shots of this year’s Miss Korea entrants surfaced on the Internet, the world was shocked at how similar each girl’s features were. With the same pointed nose, slender chin, and eerily matching smile, it was easy for anyone to guess that these ladies all went to the same plastic surgeon. However, a second set of photos has surfaced, showing each girl wearing light makeup and dressed in very informal attire, confirming that this year’s Miss Korea entrants actually aren’t identical manmade clones.
Hot on the heels of the previous batch of fractured wishes granted by China’s Photoshop artists comes a new photo gallery.
If you missed the previous batch of photos, this is where someone makes a request to have their photo improved. The Photoshop “specialist” then “misunderstands” the request with comedic results.
For example, asking for a change of background without any details will result in you being on the cover of a porno DVD, or asking for Prince Charming will result in the prince of a mythical race of mutants.
You get the idea, so sit back and enjoy!
Thanks to the high level of image processing technology available, even a picture taken by an arthritic spider monkey can be made to look like something from Ansel Adams’ portfolio. Beyond that we can even create scenarios which stretch the limits of our imagination. With a little practice, one could create a seamless photo of Mickey Mouse punching Mr.T in the stomach while gold coins shoot out of his ears.
With this in mind, some Photoshop artisans have taken to the web in China and are using their unique skill sets to make right what once went wrong in the world of photography. However, sometimes wires intentionally get crossed, leading to some seriously hilarious results.
In the current wave of Korean pop groups that have been getting international recognition, Girl’s Generation is certainly among the top acts. One member of this group especially has been generating a lot of buzz online for pictures taken during a modeling shoot in New York.
The photos above are (allegedly) of Jessica Jung, one of the nine girls who make up Girl’s Generation. However, you might be thinking I’m pulling your leg by telling you that both of the people in the picture above—the hot woman on the right and the woman who looks like she could be her mother—are in fact the same person.
Welcome to the controversy that has captured Korea.
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China1
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour2
- Only in Japan? Controversial mystery vegetable you’ve probably never heard of3
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】4
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts5
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong6
- Fast and easy toilet break health check that might save your life7
- We buy a pair of glasses from up and coming idol Kanna Hashimoto8
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent9
- Restaurant in China offers pay-what-you-want pricing model, loses over $40,00010
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】1
- Nine unusual products from Japanese designer, Oki Sato2
- “Wait, you’re a dude? Meh, marry me anyway.” New male princess stealing hearts in China3
- Cute credit cards could send you to the slammer4
- Woman with alone time on an elevator does something incredibly unexpected5
- Gundam creator has harsh words for manga and anime hit “Attack on Titan”6
- 10 incredible tiny houses in Japan: a photo tour7
- Seven things that surprise Japanese people working in foreign offices8
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】9
- The last photo of faithful dog Hachiko breaks our hearts10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】2
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs3
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right4
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong5
- 45 adorable pictures of animals acting human 【Photos】6
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!7
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!8
- The amazing disaster relief equipment of Japan’s Self Defense Force9
- Beautiful Chinese boy “traps” the hearts of Korean netizens 【Photos】10
- Before and After: 31 Startling Images of Plastic Surgery in Korea 【Photo Album】1
- 252 of Japan’s favorite animated gifs2
- What the hell is this monster?? 【Updated】3
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong4
- Chinese designer depicts Eastern vs. Western human behaviors in clever pictographs5
- Thinking about plastic surgery? This ad may make you laugh – or it could make you think twice!6
- Meet the new model set to make manga artists’ lives a whole lot easier7
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right8
- When Two Amazing Worlds Collide: Welcome to the World of Cat Sushi!9
- Snake being pickled to create healing liquor awakens after 3 months and bites woman10
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- Fast and easy toilet break health check that might save your life
- We buy a pair of glasses from up and coming idol Kanna Hashimoto
- Subway mini skirt peeping tom found innocent
- Restaurant in China offers pay-what-you-want pricing model, loses over $40,000
- Boxers, manga, umbrellas… ABSOLUTELY FREE!
- Watch this Adorable Video of a Shiba Inu Taking a Bath (Rubber Duckies Included)
- Sudden outbreak of Japanese penguin meme on Twitter
- 10 things Japan gets awesomely right
- Why Foreign Guys in Japan Get So Many Girls
- The avant-garde art of book stacking in stores of Japan
- “Once-in-a-thousand-year” idol Kanna Hashimoto visiting ALOOK Tokyo and Osaka on the same day
- 10 obvious Photoshop fails from North Korea 【Photos】