Twitter user higedi (Ryūta Kitamura) racked up more than 10,000 retweets with this picture of incoming students who were refused entry to Hokkaido University’s entrance ceremony. The students are generally expected to wear formal clothes for the ceremony, so naturally they got out their best cardboard, body paint, and fundoshi (traditional Japanese underwear). That’s just one more way Ronald McDonald is unsettling.
- Krista Rogers
Jan 16, 2014
Haven’t you always secretly wanted to know what a puny Caterpie would look like next to the legendary Lugia? And I bet you didn’t know just how much of a pipsqueak Pikachu actually is. Well, thanks to one artist on deviantART, now you can compare the sizes of all six generations of Pokémon in one picture! We were blown away by the amount of work it must have taken to research the dimensions of all 718 Pokémon and compile their silhouettes into one image. Can you guess which are the biggest and smallest Pokémon?
Our Reporter Discovers Penis Disguised as Goomba, Nintendo’s Online Police on the Case Moments Later
- Philip Kendall
Dec 13, 2012
When Nintendo stated that Miiverse, its new online community and text-based messaging service, would be strictly policed and kept kid-friendly, they weren’t kidding!
Lifelong gamer and RocketNews24 reporter Kuzo has been tooling around with the office’s new Wii U games console for weeks now, and, thanks to the efforts of Mr. Sato who attended the Japanese launch last weekend, managed to get his hands on a Japanese version of the machine, which he’s been thoroughly enjoying.
Imagine Kuzo’s shock, though, when he stumbled across a drawing of a goomba – the little mushroom bad guys from the Super Mario games – spliced onto the end of a crudely-drawn love-wand while using his new console’s integrated social network! Even more shocking, though, was the speed with which Nintendo’s net police honed in and took care of the offending material.
The image you see above is that of a standard banana parfait in Japan. Pleasing to the eye and undoubtedly delicious.
The image that comes after the break in this article, which was retweeted over 13,000 times after going viral in Japan earlier this week, is that of a banana parfait arranged to like a giant…you know…
Just check the image below.
Nevermind searching for restaurants or shooting birds at pigs. You want to know how much radiation you’re surrounded by? You want to unequivocally prove to your friends how many push-ups you’ve done? You want to know where that random aircraft flying overhead is going? We present to you a variety of iPhone apps that vastly expand your capabilities and make the unthought of possible.
Apparently the iPhone camera can “see” various types of rays, such as ultraviolet and infrared, by its semiconductor sensor. With this app, it can detect high amounts of radiation in 30 seconds, while taking 1+ hours for lower amounts. In those cases, they say you might want to plug in the recharger because you’ll need to leave the device still for a long time. So, this app might get different kinds of results depending on their sense of urgency and/or patience… Read More
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex1
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’2
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race3
- Raising awareness in the competitive gaming community – two female perspectives4
- Nara’s deer continue their summertime tradition of commandeering one of the city’s streets5
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker6
- Too hot during the blackout? Cool down with an electric fan, veteran newscaster suggests7
- Toyokazu Nagano’s “Magic Road” – the funniest, most adorable photos you’ll see today8
- International survey finds that 90% are open to a romantic encounter with a Korean partner9
- Godzilla looms over Tokyo garden10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman2
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.3
- This man’s face left Chinese internet users in amazement, agony and confusion 【Photos】4
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race5
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”6
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!7
- More than one way to skin a cat? Japanese YouTuber shows how to “open” a cat with belly rubs8
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’9
- Is Attack on Titan a documentary? Mikasa spotted in Russia!10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- 16 photos that show why Singapore has the world’s best airline8
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic9
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Too hot during the blackout? Cool down with an electric fan, veteran newscaster suggests
- Toyokazu Nagano’s “Magic Road” – the funniest, most adorable photos you’ll see today
- International survey finds that 90% are open to a romantic encounter with a Korean partner
- Godzilla looms over Tokyo garden
- Japanese critic shares his (kinda weird) views on Japanese vs Western adult entertainment
- Run For Your Lives! Zombie-infested obstacle course heading to Singapore this October【Video】
- Actress/sexpert Aya Sugimoto founds organization for animal welfare in Japan
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Japanese Twitter users report an increase in ninja cat sightings as summer settles in【Photos】
- No peripheral vision – Japan’s gamers sound off on hardware add-on nightmares
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman
- Things Japanese women love (and hate) about foreign guys