In celebration of the release of this year’s Pokémon movie Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction on Saturday, a special “Pokémon the Movie XY Shop” will be open in Tokyo’s Roppongi Hills between July 19 and August 31. Pokémon fans will definitely want to stock up on the limited-edition goods being sold there, as well as sample the adorable Pikachu-themed food at the “Pikachu Cafe.” Plus, the shop will be located on the observation deck of one of Tokyo’s highest buildings, so you can fit in some essential sightseeing, too!
- Scott R Dixon
Jun 30, 2014
While many people love the Pokémon video game series for its addicting gameplay, there is no denying the popularity of the hundreds of cute characters featured in the famous Nintendo franchise. Earlier this month in Japan, the new Nintendo DS game Pokémon Art Academy was released and is already inspiring Japanese amateur artists to create their own Pokémon masterpieces. But some on Twitter recently have discovered how the video game may be just a little bit too easy on these virtual artists and began sharing some of their very “special” artwork.
Only a few days ago the internet was abuzz when a tweet popped up claiming that the Japanese national soccer team arrived in Brazil in a Pokémon jet. Naturally, Pokémon and soccer fans around the world were envious of the sweet ride, and even big-name news agencies, including USA Today, The Toronto Sun, and CBS Sports, all reported the fun fact. However, much to everyone’s disappointment, it has just been revealed that the tweet was nothing more than a prank.
Pikachu invites you to create wonderful memories with your family this summer as part of All Nippon Airways (ANA)’s 2014 Pokémon-themed travel campaign! The summer campaign has proved popular with families with small children in the past (and with the adults, too…), and 2014 promises to be no exception. Some of the notable features include the chance to fly in a one-of-a-kind Pokémon jumbo jet, a special in-flight animated video, hotel rooms decked out in Pokémon paraphernalia, and other cool surprises! If you’re a Pokémon fanatic, this might just be the perfect vacation plan for you.
- Scott R Dixon
Jun 9, 2014
The Pokémon video games may have been created in Japan, but there is no lack of Pokémon fandom in the rest of the world from redesigning sports logos to pokéball engagement rings. And to showcase France’s Pokémon love, a pop-up Pokémon Center has opened up in Paris this month featuring original art, limited edition goods and even a special pokémon sent directly to your Nintendo 3DS.
Unlike Japan’s eight Pokémon Centers, which usually focus on the series’ merchandise, the highlight of this pop-up show is the Pokémon gallery where you can sip champagne, munch on Pikachu macarons and appreciate the amazing artwork, including some amateur fan art. Click below to take a peek inside the “Pokégallery” and find out which Pokémon is France’s favorite!
- Joan Coello
Jun 8, 2014
As the end of the week closes in, it’s time to slow things down a bit and unwind. It’s been raining in Tokyo for the past couple of days, and we all know what cool, rainy weather does to us, right? It makes us feel oh so sleepy… like these fluffy… real-life Pikachus…
W-what? Did I just say Pikachu? I mean, Viscacha! Just look at them dozing off on the rocks!
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Feb 14, 2014
The rare blanket of snow Tokyo received last week gave Japan’s capital city residents a chance to show off their creativity. Since it was a seldom seen treat that happened to fall over the weekend, everyone and their mother seemed to be showing off their newfound snow sculpting skills. But this Snow Pikachu has got to be our favorite. Sure, the bicycle-riding snow cat was pretty awesome, but we learned something here, people. Snow Pikachu evolves into Machochu. It’s a fact.
If you’re a Pokémon fan, this “Let’s make Pikachu pancakes!” mould is sure to excite you. One Japanese fan recently tried to make her own Pika-licious snack, but her resulting creation went terribly wrong. We wanted to share these fail-blog worthy pictures with you.
It seems like you can make almost anything out of Legos, including your favorite characters. Sure, there are kits that come with instructions, but making a Lego figure using just your imagination is so satisfying and really impressive. We recently showed you Robot Lego Pokemon. This time, please enjoy 11 different characters from Japanese video games and anime all made out of tiny plastic bricks.
We here at RocketNews24 are big fans of Pikachu and pals, and can think of no other way to celebrate the release of the newest Pokémon games than snuggling up in a fleece blanket featuring everyone’s favorite lightning mouse or toting around groceries in a bag with the adorable critter’s face. Luckily for us, these two items will be available October 31 as a part of a special commemorative magazine set to celebrate the recent release of the newest Pokémon X and Y.
- Philip Kendall
Oct 16, 2013
In case you’ve been trapped under a giant boulder for the last few weeks, Japan – nay, the world – is currently once again gripped by Pokémon fever. Along with the new Pokémon X & Y titles for Nintendo 3DS, the new animated TV series is currently being lapped up by fans.
But one eagle-eyed viewer in Japan has spotted something both cute and a little odd in the show’s opening credits. In typically adorable fashion, a few seconds after the show’s opening song begins, everyone’s favourite pocket monster, Pikachu, gives the camera a friendly little kiss. But what on earth is going on inside his mouth!?
If you haven’t been lucky enough to be inside a Pokemon jumbo jet, just imagine yourself immersed in a world of Pokemon while flying in the sky. The interior, flight attendant uniforms, food containers, souvenirs and in-flight entertainment all feature everyone’s favorite pocket monsters. But sadly, ANA, Japan’s largest airline, has just retired one of its Pikachu jumbo jets. As sad of an occasion as this is, ANA made sure to send the craft on its final voyage with a special presentation and an appearance from the Pokemon franchise’s most popular character.
Let’s be honest, there’s a lot of Pokemon fan art out there. But these creations are on an entirely different level. In the most epic pairing so far, artist, Kuisuku, matches Disney characters with Pokemon, showing us what it would look like if Disney characters were Pokemon Trainers. All of Kuisuku’s art was drawn in Flash and textures were added using Photoshop. If you’ve ever asked yourself, “What would Princess Jasmine’s Pokemon of choice be?” you now have your answer.
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Feb 21, 2013
These adorable tail motif Pokemon goods are on sale now and are only available at the seven official Pokemon Centers in Japan.
- Michelle Lynn Dinh
Oct 27, 2012
Like many other little girls, 4-year-old Kazuki loves to play dress up, dance around the room and sing her heart out. What sets her apart from other toddler divas though, is that she has a mother just as enthusiastic about her playtime habits as she is.
When Kazuki says she wants to become Hatsune Miku, mom wastes no time in hitting the sewing machine. Once her custom outfit is done, mom sticks a microphone in her hand, starts the music, and its lights, camera, action.
Not wanting to keep her daughter’s talent to herself, Kazuki’s mom created the YouTube channel “Kazuki’s Room” to share their playroom productions with the world. We’ve posted a few of the best below. Just make sure to have a pillow or something soft on hand to squeeze the life out of because these videos are unbearably adorable.
A few weeks ago the Pokemon Company revealed the 3DS LL Pikachu Yellow, a limited edition version of the handheld console purchasable by preorder at Pokemon Center stores from August 25 to September 14.
To the surprise of no one, Japanese customers lined up outside and waited for over 4 hours to purchase the device, clearing out stocks at Pokemon Centers in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka on the first day.
While North America and Australia are still have a week to wait before they can get their hands on the Nintendo 3DS XL, Japan is already getting its first limited edition version of the little giant: Nintendo 3DS LL Pikachu Yellow.
Ladies, are you looking for something to liven up your wardrobe but not go overboard? Are you tired of the man in your life not paying attention to your new shoes that you spent hours choosing?
If so, then visit etsy.com for your next pair. Here you can find sparkly and eye-catching designs that are too far over the edge of good-taste. I guarantee your husband or boyfriend will compliment you on your 1-UP designed shoes faster than you could imagine.
Jan 24, 2012
Until recently, it was generally believed that the design for Pikachu was based on the mouse.
However, recent Japanese research suggests that Pikachu may have actually been modeled off thecacera pacifica, a species of sea slug found in the Indian and Western Pacific Oceans.
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race1
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’2
- Beautiful 400-year-old garden in Okayama about to be replaced with condominium complex3
- Run For Your Lives! Zombie-infested obstacle course heading to Singapore this October【Video】4
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break5
- Raising awareness in the competitive gaming community – two female perspectives6
- Nara’s deer continue their summertime tradition of commandeering one of the city’s streets7
- Toyokazu Nagano’s “Magic Road” – the funniest, most adorable photos you’ll see today8
- International survey finds that 90% are open to a romantic encounter with a Korean partner9
- Actress/sexpert Aya Sugimoto founds organization for animal welfare in Japan10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Creative pet “haircuts”: Funky or funny? You decide.2
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman3
- Gamer discovers his deceased father’s ghost on an old Xbox game, challenges it to a race4
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”5
- Internet survey sheds light on how Japanese women deal with the hair ‘down there’6
- More than one way to skin a cat? Japanese YouTuber shows how to “open” a cat with belly rubs7
- Is Attack on Titan a documentary? Mikasa spotted in Russia!8
- Five amazing Japanese Starbucks locations that let you keep sightseeing as you take a break9
- Inconsiderate commuter behavior in Korea – A photo guide10
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!1
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker2
- Life’s not perfect? Says who? This woman’s life is too perfect to be true!3
- Japanese politician screams and cries at press conference as he defends expenses claims【Video】4
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!5
- “Retweet if you thought I was a girl”: This beautiful young man, in his own words【Photos】6
- Japanese giant salamander caught taking a stroll on land7
- German team hero Mario Gotze wins World Cup, later loses dignity thanks to gross pic8
- These anime mascots are just what the World Cup has been missing!9
- Guitarist perfectly recreates disgraced Japanese politician’s uncontrollable sobbing【Video】10
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker1
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!2
- Samurai in Brazil shows off incredible freestyle football skills ahead of World Cup3
- Doggy gets upset over his new haircut, walks around on hind legs like a boss for two days4
- Russian crocodile hospitalized after woman falls on it5
- Internet falls in love with Chinese cosplaying beauty, disappointed to hear she’s a guy 【Updated】6
- Not your average Bulbasaur: Mayan-style Pokemon7
- Chinese student asks for cooked sushi at Sukibayashi Jiro, gets flamed by Chinese netizens8
- What if Sailor Moon characters were lingerie models? They’d look stunning like this 【Photos】9
- The official Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist trailer just made our day【Video】10
- Raising awareness in the competitive gaming community – two female perspectives
- Nara’s deer continue their summertime tradition of commandeering one of the city’s streets
- Toyokazu Nagano’s “Magic Road” – the funniest, most adorable photos you’ll see today
- International survey finds that 90% are open to a romantic encounter with a Korean partner
- Actress/sexpert Aya Sugimoto founds organization for animal welfare in Japan
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker
- Kids’ Hello Kitty Dictionary is surprisingly gritty
- The top 20 most eagerly anticipated anime of summer 2014, as chosen by fans!
- Is Attack on Titan a documentary? Mikasa spotted in Russia!
- Man kidnaps, imprisons 11-year-old to raise her to be his “ideal girl”
- Japan’s Glico lets snackers turn their empty boxes into augmented reality sets for Doraemon!
- “Black Cat” delivery company uses pawprint gloves to ensure packages are handled with cute
- Nailed it! The shape of your nails may reveal the type of person you are!
- Middle-aged Chinese man’s “stomach pains” turn out to be his first period as a woman