US psychic Ron Bard has spoken out once again via his official Twitter account, warning that the world – specifically Japan – is in great peril, prompting chatter online. This new warning comes after Mr. Bard claimed back in mid-July this year to have foreseen a natural disaster that would occur in Japan “in the next two or three months”, urging people in Japan to follow him on Twitter and prepare for difficult times.
After last month’s false alarm of a large earthquake over our mobile phones, Nara and surrounding area residents’ blood pressures are finally getting back to normal. Well, don’t put away those paper bags yet. Now there’s another reason to worry. Research out of Yatsugadake Nanroku Observatory is suggests that we can expect a major earthquake of at least magnitude 7 to hit somewhere in the Kansai area from next week.
Earthquake-prone Japan is no stranger to proclamations of doom so it’s hard to get too worked up. However, the head of the observatory, Yoshio Kushida has made this prediction with a truly unique method that if correct could revolutionize earthquake prediction. Rather than looking down at the ground, Kushida suspects we can detect earthquakes better by watching the skies.
Apr 10, 2013
During the European Geosciences Union (EGU) Convention in Vienna on 9 April, a Russian scientist declared that Japan would face a giant earthquake of magnitude 9.0 within the next year and a half.
Since the Great Tohoku Earthquake of March 2011, scientists have been anxiously watching the massive volcano known as Mt. Fuji for signs of activity. In September of last year, a report was released stating that Mt. Fuji’s magma chamber pressure had risen to a worrisome 1.6 megapascals, which is estimated to be higher than when it last erupted.
According to retired professor Masaki Kimura of Ryukyu University, this and other recent phenomena indicate an eruption of Mt. Fuji should have taken place in 2011 with a four-year margin of error ending in 2015.
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu1
- 11 never-ending hypnotic GIFs that just made a portion of our weekend disappear mysteriously2
- Latest evolution of Pokémon cafe to open in Shibuya this January3
- New Evangelion short film now streaming on animation studio’s website4
- The top 10 Instagram photo locations for Japan in 2014 【Photos】5
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!6
- Can’t cope with the feeding frenzy at meal times? Why not stack your cats!7
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea8
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong9
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】10
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】1
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood2
- Life imitates (Sword) Art (Online) as Japanese gamers find they can’t log out of online RPG3
- Character images of new Digimon Adventure series released, expected to air in spring 20154
- Artist magically transforms Sailor Moon characters into black women5
- Ready to tie the anime knot? Company offers marriage certificate for you and your 2D waifu6
- Japan’s cutest rodent commuters take the high-road【Video】7
- Our hero Ladybeard shows us and the world how to properly wear the much-talked about boob shirt8
- Too busy to wrap Christmas presents? Not if you’ve got 12 seconds, Japanese store shows【Video】9
- How humanity ends: Virtual reality headset hooked up to Tenga love cup for men 【Video】10
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood1
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin2
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Japanese man proposes to girlfriend with Guinness World Record-winning GPS drawing5
- Historic Kyoto temple first in Japan to offer gay weddings6
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!7
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】8
- Hayao Miyazaki comments on Chihiro’s final test scene in Spirited Away9
- Fashion gone wrong? Boob shirts take Twitter by storm10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】3
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China4
- Self-taught Singaporean artist creates unbelievably realistic art on plywood5
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- Don’t believe in the magic of the 100 yen store? This product will seal the deal!
- Can’t cope with the feeding frenzy at meal times? Why not stack your cats!
- 20 crazy facts about North Korea
- 10 things Japan gets horribly wrong
- Korean illustrator gives Western fairy tales a whimsical Eastern makeover【Pics】
- Love dolls, strippers, jacuzzis and drugs: The Philippines’ largest prison gets raided by police
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】
- Japanese makeup artist does classic Hollywood glamour, recreates Audrey Hepburn’s coveted look
- The scariest snow sculpture you’ll see this winter
- Rock band KISS collaborating with Sailor Moon Crystal’s Momoiro Clover Z
- Tips from Japan to make your skin extra beautiful! It begins with a bath and…
- One more time! Anime fans choose the series they’d most like to see rerun on TV
- Self-healing glasses on sale next year
- Sick of BABYMETAL? How about some sumo metal!