Prostitution is often called the oldest job in history. While that seems like a less-than-realistic claim, it doesn’t change the fact that the sale and purchase of sex has been around for millennia and will likely continue despite the various efforts to ban it. However, that hasn’t stopped some from trying. Take, for example, a Russian politician who recently suggested that people caught with prostitutes ought to face a fine and prison term–unless they agree to marry the sex worker!
When traveling abroad it’s always advised that you look into the country’s rules and regulations before departing. You never know what activity, considered perfectly acceptable in your homeland, might turn out to be taboo or even a crime in another.
So it’s nice when your hotel sends you a “Warm Notice” like the Star Hotel in China had, which outlines what you may and may not do in your room. The note is dated from 2013 but it was recently posted on Imgur where it gained a lot of attention for it’s simple but important message…
Oct 8, 2013
For some reason, people have this bizarre belief that Japan is the land of weird and crazy porn. We have no idea where this idea came from, but for all the alleged kink that’s supposed to be thriving in Japan, you might be surprised to discover one law that’s ruining people’s fun. In fact, one Osaka resident has been arrested twice for her salacious fun!
Be warned, you may not want to read this if you have a fear of needles…
Jul 19, 2013
On Wednesday, July 16, reports came from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department announcing that two women had been arrested on suspicion of violating the Japanese Anti-Prostitution Law of 1956. Those apprehended are thought to have been running a prostitution ring for men with a fetish for fleshy females. The average weight of the women they dispatched to paying customers was a good 100 kg (220 pounds)!
Teaching is not always the most financially rewarding job, is it? Even in Japan, where getting a good education is highly valued, teachers can find themselves on hard times, like this unfortunate young woman from Osaka.
A 29-year-old teacher from Osaka has resigned from her position after receiving a six-month suspension for taking a part-time job as a call girl.
Dec 2, 2012
Japan provides its lonely men with plenty of way to find sweet respite from the emptiness and isolation of everyday life—provided you have the cash. And we’re not just talking about prostitution: you can rent a girlfriend at Moé Date for day of “simulate romance” or find a cuddle partner at Soine-ya to help you rest easy at night.
But what about the ladies? Women get lonely too, so it seems unfair that such services would only be available to men.
Believe it or not, even before either of the above establishments were in business, there was Soine-ya Prime, a dispatch service where women can hire a handsome young man to lay with her in bed for a night.
Nov 16, 2012
There are many young Japanese men who, even if they want to go on a date, have little confidence in their ability to carry out an engaging conversation with the opposite sex. Maybe they’ve been so caught up in work that they’ve forgotten what constitutes interesting table talk, or maybe they’ve never even been on a date before. Maybe they’ve never even spoken with a woman before.
Whatever the case, there are guys out there who feel lost when it comes to showing a lady a good time. To those men, we recommend “Moé Date”, a new Japanese dating service where you can rent a girlfriend for a day of real simulated romance. What better way to get back in the game than with a little warm up, right fellas?
That said, we sent one of our own dried-up correspondents, Daiichiro Tashiro, on a three hour Moé Date to find out if the service could reignite the flame of passion that once burned in his heart.
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】1
- Japan’s 10 best ryokan inns and top 10 hotels, as chosen by foreign visitors2
- Super-hot female member of real life superhero group captures Japanese hearts3
- Twitter artist reimagines 64 pokémon as “Substitute” plushies to adorable results4
- Guy asks Twitter to decode late uncle’s encrypted message, gets results in matter of hours5
- “Let them eat furikake!” says Mayor Hashimoto as Osaka school lunch saga rumbles on6
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?7
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!8
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar9
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony10
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】1
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!2
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick3
- How to say “I love you” in Japanese – 47 different ways 【Videos】4
- Does the way you cross your arms say anything about your personality? Japan thinks so5
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours6
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute7
- 10 ways shopping at Wal-Mart in China is completely different from how it is in the US8
- Yokohama restaurant serves fried axolotl, along with giant isopod, camel, and crocodile9
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan10
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”1
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher5
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises6
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit7
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make8
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message9
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher2
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked7
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea8
- Tiny town in northern Japan creates gorgeous, gigantic artwork out of rice paddies 【Video】9
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school10
- “Let them eat furikake!” says Mayor Hashimoto as Osaka school lunch saga rumbles on
- Japanese work ethic tested, how high of a fever will you run before calling in sick?
- A Ghibli mystery solved — the identity of exotic looking food in Spirited Away revealed!
- Taiwanese subway’s anime mascot wants you to mind your manners, watch out for the Hamburglar
- Timpani drummer’s crazy finale is startling, funny, more metal than you’d expect from a symphony
- Japanese film pros ranked their top movies to show kids, with Ghibli titles sweeping the top 3
- Ouch! Ouch!! Ouch!!! Man in China hit by three cars while “crossing” the street
- More adorable photos from Japan’s fox village
- Foreigner cyclist pulls a Gandalf, stands up to driver using bike lane in Beijing
- Turn desk time into battle time with this gloriously unnecessary replica Mega Man helmet!
- Casual cosplay: for those who want to dress the part 365 days a year【Photos】
- 83-year-old retiree arrested for selling explicit pre-war photos online