Prostitution is often called the oldest job in history. While that seems like a less-than-realistic claim, it doesn’t change the fact that the sale and purchase of sex has been around for millennia and will likely continue despite the various efforts to ban it. However, that hasn’t stopped some from trying. Take, for example, a Russian politician who recently suggested that people caught with prostitutes ought to face a fine and prison term–unless they agree to marry the sex worker!
When traveling abroad it’s always advised that you look into the country’s rules and regulations before departing. You never know what activity, considered perfectly acceptable in your homeland, might turn out to be taboo or even a crime in another.
So it’s nice when your hotel sends you a “Warm Notice” like the Star Hotel in China had, which outlines what you may and may not do in your room. The note is dated from 2013 but it was recently posted on Imgur where it gained a lot of attention for it’s simple but important message…
Oct 8, 2013
For some reason, people have this bizarre belief that Japan is the land of weird and crazy porn. We have no idea where this idea came from, but for all the alleged kink that’s supposed to be thriving in Japan, you might be surprised to discover one law that’s ruining people’s fun. In fact, one Osaka resident has been arrested twice for her salacious fun!
Be warned, you may not want to read this if you have a fear of needles…
Jul 19, 2013
On Wednesday, July 16, reports came from the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department announcing that two women had been arrested on suspicion of violating the Japanese Anti-Prostitution Law of 1956. Those apprehended are thought to have been running a prostitution ring for men with a fetish for fleshy females. The average weight of the women they dispatched to paying customers was a good 100 kg (220 pounds)!
Teaching is not always the most financially rewarding job, is it? Even in Japan, where getting a good education is highly valued, teachers can find themselves on hard times, like this unfortunate young woman from Osaka.
A 29-year-old teacher from Osaka has resigned from her position after receiving a six-month suspension for taking a part-time job as a call girl.
Dec 2, 2012
Japan provides its lonely men with plenty of way to find sweet respite from the emptiness and isolation of everyday life—provided you have the cash. And we’re not just talking about prostitution: you can rent a girlfriend at Moé Date for day of “simulate romance” or find a cuddle partner at Soine-ya to help you rest easy at night.
But what about the ladies? Women get lonely too, so it seems unfair that such services would only be available to men.
Believe it or not, even before either of the above establishments were in business, there was Soine-ya Prime, a dispatch service where women can hire a handsome young man to lay with her in bed for a night.
Nov 16, 2012
There are many young Japanese men who, even if they want to go on a date, have little confidence in their ability to carry out an engaging conversation with the opposite sex. Maybe they’ve been so caught up in work that they’ve forgotten what constitutes interesting table talk, or maybe they’ve never even been on a date before. Maybe they’ve never even spoken with a woman before.
Whatever the case, there are guys out there who feel lost when it comes to showing a lady a good time. To those men, we recommend “Moé Date”, a new Japanese dating service where you can rent a girlfriend for a day of real simulated romance. What better way to get back in the game than with a little warm up, right fellas?
That said, we sent one of our own dried-up correspondents, Daiichiro Tashiro, on a three hour Moé Date to find out if the service could reignite the flame of passion that once burned in his heart.
- How to cook miso soup (the right way) in a few simple steps【RocketKitchen】1
- Make sure to visit this historical onsen once before you die, or just do it right now with Google2
- Question reveals how foreigners feel about speaking Japanese, getting English in return3
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute4
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours5
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan6
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world7
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters8
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick9
- The weirder the better? These Japanese zakka are hot sellers in Korea10
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours1
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world2
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer3
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters4
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make5
- Japanese sleep experts say we’ve been using our blankets wrong, help us hate winter a little less6
- Budding Japanese student artists impress us with chalkboard works of art7
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence8
- Yamanashi zoo’s roly-poly resident raccoon is ridiculously round, remarkably cute9
- Controversial pick-up artist breaks silence as campaign against him continues10
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher1
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”2
- Japanese high school holds annual contest to decide the prettiest “girl” in school3
- 1,200 Japanese workers convert above-ground train to subway line in a matter of hours4
- Sorry guys! Video of “sexy ice cream girl” in Taipei only delivers on half its milky promises5
- Oysters’ amazing cleaning skills shock Japanese netizens who question their shellfish habit6
- Japan discovers awesome cheese snack that takes just one ingredient and two minutes to make7
- One Piece manga sends off Naruto with a classy secret message8
- Clever Japanese pet owners find perfect cat beds…at IKEA! 【Photos】9
- Just a bunch of adorable cats riding on trains in Japan10
- School textbook is withdrawn after “teacher” on the front is recognized as Japanese adult video star1
- Artist turns innocent Disney princesses into flirty pin-up girls2
- “No one sleeps in her class!” Internet goes gaga for gorgeous Chinese science teacher3
- Hayao Miyazaki working on new project, says “I’m going to continue making anime until I die”4
- Mickey and friends in human form are more charming than we had imagined! 【Pics】5
- A sad turn of events at a butterfly exhibition in China6
- 6-year-old boy vowed to marry his childhood sweetheart, really marries her 18 years later7
- Ten-year-old boy cuts construction worker’s lifeline because noise was interrupting his cartoons8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Chinese cat with unfortunate dark patch of fur tired of people asking why it’s shocked10
- Our Japanese reporter visits an American sushi restaurant in Japan
- Ghibli background artist Naohisa Inoue’s painting technique is out of this world
- Canada-based artist stuns with new realistic take on Naruto characters
- Turn an ordinary balloon into a smartphone case in seconds with this neat trick
- The weirder the better? These Japanese zakka are hot sellers in Korea
- Why almost all Japanese people hate root beer
- Video shows karate ref flipping out and defeating both fighters
- Who knew frozen apples could taste so good!: Simple dessert recipe for the diet-conscious
- Want to make music, but can’t play an instrument? Casio app turns your hums into full tracks!
- The top 10 spots in Tokyo to make an anime pilgrimage
- “We don’t want to be girls. We just want to be cute!” The future of crossdressing in Osaka
- Live-action Attack on Titan posters show new characters and weapons, plus one huge absence
- New Lotte chewing gum promotion features cool guys to suit every taste