It turns out that the hens of the world have been playing a dirty trick on much of the human population, but now, thanks to one sign at a Japanese grocery store and one surprised Twitter user, the chickens’ secret is out in the open: Apparently, no matter what size an egg is, the size of the yolk never changes. We feel a bit ripped off.
Hello Kitty is one of the most iconic Japanese characters, aside from Pikachu. She screams cute, finds herself in a variety of interesting costumes, and has those adorable pointed cat ears. So with a name like “Hello Kitty” and a face that is decidedly that of a feline, it’s only natural to assume she’s a cat…but you could be wrong.
Ladies and gentlemen of the RocketNews nation, get ready to have your mind blown: someone at Sanrio has just revealed that Hello Kitty is actually a human girl.
Middle-Aged Woman Drops Deuce in Glass Elevator with Video Surveillance, Really Sucks at Finding Discreet Places to Defecate
May 12, 2013
Recently another video was added to the disturbingly growing number of viral images depicting people evacuating their bowels in public places in China. Previously we’ve seen subway and airplane crapping, but this lady takes the cake. Apparently trapped in a train station on the Shenzen Metro Line 3 with no other place to go, she chooses a glass elevator equipped with a security camera as her makeshift toilet.
While filming at Murayama Zoo in Sapporo, visitors watched as a baby red panda, known as Gin, received a shock when his caretaker entered their pen to check if they had enough food left in their dish.
What might have caused most animals to simply jump a little, however, caused little Gin to fall over backwards, mouth open and limbs flailing like Sarah Connor when Arnold Schwarzeneggar comes out of the elevator in James Cameron’s Terminator 2…
Nov 15, 2012
There must be something in the water in Asia this week. No sooner had we heard the story of a man caught urinating on a political campaign poster in Osaka than a photo emerges of a boy doing a number two in a busy train in China…
The photo was posted online on Saturday evening by a Chinese internet user along with a message saying that he had witnessed the kid taking a “huge” dump on the crowded train.
The image has, understandably, caused quite a ruckus online, and was even picked up by the Chinese media, with people condemning the act as everything from “shameful” to “vomit-inducing”…
New Playstation 3 Commercial Packs a Nasty Little Surprise, Small Children Now Wary of Plastic Boxes
Oct 3, 2012
Just before this year’s Tokyo Game Show, Sony lifted the lid on its newly-modelled Playstation 3 console.
While many of us were hoping for even a tiny snippet of news on the next generation of consoles, Sony is still busy squeezing the few last drops of juice out of its multi-million-selling game machine, and, in an effort to cut production costs and shift a few more units before going next-gen, has somehow managed to shave a few more inches off the console’s size, giving it a facelift in the process.
Eager to show off their newest toy, a brand new ad campaign for the console hit Japanese TV late last week, drawing consumers’ attention to the machine’s snazzy new lines and bragging about its smaller size.
And then something a little bit unexpected happens. Read More
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”1
- Misao Okawa, the world’s oldest person, has died2
- Man fed up with Love Live fans at subway station in China, pours water on them3
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples4
- Pro drifter disguises herself as driving school student to prank first-day instructors 【Video】5
- Are you a control freak, baby, or tough guy? Find out what your sleeping position says about you!6
- Tokyo’s busiest train lines to get luxury “one-man” express pods by next April7
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map8
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea9
- Win the chance to have your Japan wish granted by RocketNews24!!10
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map1
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”2
- New smartphone game lets lonely gamers blow up, unleash other misfortunes on lovey dovey couples3
- Vanishing Japan: Five things to see before they disappear completely4
- How to make epic pancakes with your Japanese rice cooker5
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives6
- Man fed up with Love Live fans at subway station in China, pours water on them7
- Past and present photos of Japanese fashion models make us wonder, where have all the gyaru gone?8
- Japanese girl finds “school love,” but with a surprising “partner”9
- New Sailor Moon cafe in Tokyo has live public anime viewing and themed food and drinks10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map2
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines3
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】4
- Forget the dress, how many shades of blue do you see here?5
- Half-Japanese beauty chosen to represent Japan at Miss Universe 20156
- Looking for a new favourite animal? Take your pick from these six adorable Hokkaido natives7
- Buyers’ remorse in China: After a record-breaking day of online shopping, the angry selfies begin8
- Get a haircut, a manicure and an eyeful at this saucy salon in Vietnam9
- Haruki Murakami answers the question, “What is the meaning of life?”10
- Marine park offers chance to shake hands with a loveable otter1
- Hachiko, Japan’s most loyal dog, finally reunited with owner in heartwarming new statue in Tokyo2
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map3
- Anime pillow responds to your rubbing with moans and groans, gets angry if you get too grabby4
- Literal breastplate will give you a cosplay-ready, anime-class bust in seconds 【Photos】5
- Nobel Prize-winner Shuji Nakamura to Japan’s young people: “Get out of Japan”6
- Cats sitting politely outside Japanese convenience stores restore our faith in felines7
- Kyoto taxi drivers reduce convenience store robberies by 50 percent by doing absolutely nothing8
- What’s your type? Photo of two Japanese models spurs netizens to talk body type 【Poll】9
- Cosplay ideals vs. cosplay reality, a.k.a. cool vs. funny 【Photos】10
- Are you a control freak, baby, or tough guy? Find out what your sleeping position says about you!
- Tokyo’s busiest train lines to get luxury “one-man” express pods by next April
- “We Finns just like it simple”: Net users can’t get enough of Helsinki Metro map
- 61 more images of cosmetic surgery from South Korea
- Win the chance to have your Japan wish granted by RocketNews24!!
- Pet owner builds tiny ninja house for hamster, escape panels and hidden doors galore
- Never lose focus on April Fools’ Day, you never know who will surprise you next
- Evangelion and Attack on Titan directors team up to create 2016 Godzilla movie
- Vanishing Japan: Five things to see before they disappear completely
- Morioka Station’s sweet message to recent high school graduates causes passersby to tear up
- Drain cleaners will hate us! Use this one crazy trick from Japan to get rid of sink slime!
- Otaku ears-New line of earphones is designed specifically for listening to anime songs with
- Google knows you’re no April Fool, so they offer you Pac-Man playable in Google Maps